1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5vz superchager problem ,

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by bwill808, Nov 27, 2010.

1. bwill808

bwill808 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    bryan
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    00 extra cab 5lug trd supercharged
    trd supercharger the grey version , k&n intake , trd headers , 2 1/2 inch catback
    i cant floor my truck , i have to ease into the pedal or i loose all the power .if i hit the pedal just rite it takes off super fast , but most of the time wen i try to race ''rice rockets'' ,(island term for anything asian 4 cylinders ) e i tried many different things to fix. new supercharger belt , new timing belt , new supercharger oil . thses only slightly helped . My mechanic friend says i am leaning out and the auto tragic transmission doesnt let u hit top power . he said to get 850cc injector s and put a 3.0 3vz manuel trans and clutch since 2wd 5speed v6 taco trans is rare or impossible find here in hawaii . .. what other fixes are there for the acceleration an d power loss ., while keeping the automatic please helppp????

2. 98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    sounds like a fuel problem. and i would chill on the racing talk a little, the mods around here dont like it too much. are you pulling any check engine codes?

3. ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    yeah try the URD 7th injector. are you pinging at all?

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back twin exhaust,elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella550's, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    I know this sounds looney but I had the same trouble without any SC I think it is a TPS prob that is exxagerrated by the SC. Try putting something safely behind the pedal say 1" thick. You said if you hit it just right-see what I am saying? Try to determine where that sweet spot is-mine is like half inch from full throttle.

5. 05RedTaco

05RedTaco Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma 4.0L Acces Cab PreRunner
    Shortened antenna, ebay Intake, JBA long tube headers, 2nd set of cats cut out and straight piped, 14" Magnaflow muffler dumped before axle, relocated rear diff breather, Avid off road front bumper. Bilstein 5100's front and rear, OME 885x coils, Light Racing UCA's, 2" Toytec AAL, Hella 700ff lights, Falken Rocky Mountain AT/S 265/75/16 Load E 10ply, Blu Logic handsfree
    I would log whats happening... AFR's, injector duty cycle, TPS, etc... You can get a lot of info from a log and find out whats happening...

From what you describe... I would look at injectors & fuel pump, might be that teh engine is not getting enough fuel at WOT..

6. bwill808

Member:
    First Name:
    bryan
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    trd supercharger the grey version , k&n intake , trd headers , 2 1/2 inch catback

i had cat code for years , po420 , fixed some of the holes, so it stops popping up but still sounds like a leak or some thing make s lotta noise when she s up 2 fill temp ?

7. bwill808

Member:
    First Name:
    bryan
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    thank you all for your input , this website is awsome . i have no money to do any injectors and fuel pumps because i am going to UTI in 2months , but i do plan on bring the truck .i am sure i get it done there

8. bwill808

Member:
    First Name:
    bryan
    hawaii
    Vehicle:

my friends just got a 5000 $ scanner is this wat i check it with

To Top