1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6/11 Sedona Run - Edge of The World Campout

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Techoma, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Jun 9, 2017 at 3:44 PM
    Phoenix autoworks

Phoenix autoworks Stock but fun!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 4x4 3.4 manual
    Stock but I use it anyway!!!
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one. Family, work, and as of this morning my daily driver all colluded against me. Please keep me in mind for the next one. I'm getting burned out on overtime and this heat is killing me even tho it just got here and it's not really that hot yet lol.

Have fun, be safe, take pics....
    See ya next time.

2. Jun 9, 2017 at 6:09 PM
    Techoma

Techoma [OP] This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    My shoulder is currently killing me, but I can tell its muscular so I'm sure all will be good. I managed to hook up my trailer. I know I don't need it, but this is basically a test run \ trailer excursion for me.

Brian007Taco and Oppositeboy like this.
  3. Jun 9, 2017 at 7:38 PM
    AZTacoDrew

AZTacoDrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2015 Super White TRD OR
    SPC LR UCA OME 887 5100's Icon progressive 3 leaf AAL
    Lots of cows in the trail lol, saw some other tacos with rtts, my buddy and I are at the very end of the trail with the tecate can on the stick

Brian007Taco, Tsinajinii and AZeyeTIE like this.
  4. Jun 10, 2017 at 4:42 PM
    AZTacoDrew

AZTacoDrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2015 Super White TRD OR
    SPC LR UCA OME 887 5100's Icon progressive 3 leaf AAL

Someone took the tecate can down, it's the right turn off just after a couple of Ford's are camping out. Is anyone coming out still?

Brian007Taco likes this.
  5. Jun 11, 2017 at 1:42 PM
    AZeyeTIE

AZeyeTIE Uh huh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dewey, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '14 Super White TRD Baja
    Nothing noteworthy
    Good to meet you @Oppositeboy and @AZTacoDrew. Thank you @Techoma for putting me up in the Taj Majal of awesomeness that is your camping setup and for organizing the shindig. Thank you @Brian007Taco for leading us there even with a detour due to a rock slide. Fun times for sure. I am down for the next camp out so let's put one together soon.

Cheers!

AZeyeTIE (formerly OCeyeTIE)

6. Jun 11, 2017 at 2:46 PM
    Oppositeboy

Oppositeboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Brian007Taco and AZeyeTIE like this.
  7. Jun 11, 2017 at 3:16 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    If you ask. You don't know me very well!
    Mesa, AZ to NM to OK to UT back to Mesa
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD OR 4x4 DCSB (aka Clifford the Big Red Truck)
    12 OR DCSB 4x4 265/75/16 Goodyear Ultra Terrain wrapped on MB352's. OME 886's w/5100's front and back, and Dakars. Derped Emblems. KM Fab sliders, Mobtown Front and back bumpers w/tire gate, KM Fab Bed Rack, Bestop Supertop, Matt Gecko bed lights. Tree Smashed Taco 06 OR AC Prerunner! OME 885 with 5100's in front, TSB and AAL with 5125's in back. 30" light bar in the valance.
    I had fun. My alignment went out of wack when we were going go the Indian ruins. The steering wheel is is about 20 degrees to the right now. The detour was fun. Added a couple miles to the trail.

Pic for all that missed.
    20170610_173537.jpg

LTacoman, JTB727, Oppositeboy and 4 others like this.
  8. Jun 11, 2017 at 6:28 PM
    bjsurveyor

bjsurveyor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '17 D-Cab TRD OR 4x4 Inferno Red
    TRD shift knob, Predator Steps, Toyota rack, AMP bed step, TRD Performance Exhaust (sounds amazing)
    Sorry I missed it. I just saw this today. Looks like it would have been a good time.

Brian007Taco likes this.
  9. Jun 12, 2017 at 5:44 AM
    Oppositeboy

Oppositeboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    In case you didn't see them, a couple of pics were posted here.

Brian007Taco and AZeyeTIE like this.
  10. Jun 12, 2017 at 6:31 AM
    Phoenix autoworks

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    I can't be mad at my grandmother for having a stroke and being in the ER. But after seeing these pictures I'm mad at my schedule for having to work Saturday, I'm mad at the customers that came in on Saturday to make me fix their cars. And I'm mad at my daily driver for having never leaving me stranded or broken down until the day before this trip lol. Wish I could have gone. Definitely going to the next one.

Techoma[OP] likes this.
  11. Jun 12, 2017 at 8:27 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    @Brian007Taco: As always, great seeing you and thanks for being the lead guy with all the re-routes. That power line run may have been the best part with the trailer. Nice I was finally able to try out my locker. #2wdrocks!

@AZeyeTIE a pleasure meeting you. It was great staying soooooo safe the entire frigging time we were out there! WOW. Another one for the books!

@Oppositeboy It was a real treat meeting you and your wife! Next time cruise with us!!!

@AZTacoDrew A pleasure meeting you as well. Sorry we didn't get to your camp after setting up, but it may have been unsafe to walk in the dark, and we couldn't seem to stop getting safe!!!

edge of the world.jpg
    Edge of the world2.jpg
    Edge3.jpg
    3 rooms.jpg
    3 rooms1.jpg

12. Jun 12, 2017 at 9:06 AM
    Phoenix autoworks

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    Who ever owns this set up is currently living my new nicer dream lol. You have what I'm working in doing with my older truck and trailer in my profile picture lol.

Edge of the world2.jpg

Brian007Taco likes this.
  13. Jun 12, 2017 at 9:10 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man. I have an ARB50 in the Taco so depending on who\what I'm doing, I can travel with one, two, or.... THREE ROOMS. I have a 96 FJ80 as well. PrinSu Rack and RTT are in garage waiting to be mounted on it.

Brian007Taco likes this.
  14. Jun 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    If you ask. You don't know me very well!
    Mesa, AZ to NM to OK to UT back to Mesa
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD OR 4x4 DCSB (aka Clifford the Big Red Truck)
    12 OR DCSB 4x4 265/75/16 Goodyear Ultra Terrain wrapped on MB352's. OME 886's w/5100's front and back, and Dakars. Derped Emblems. KM Fab sliders, Mobtown Front and back bumpers w/tire gate, KM Fab Bed Rack, Bestop Supertop, Matt Gecko bed lights. Tree Smashed Taco 06 OR AC Prerunner! OME 885 with 5100's in front, TSB and AAL with 5125's in back. 30" light bar in the valance.
    FreeSpirit is warrantying my ladder no questions asked other than I will have to send the broken one back in a prepaid box that the new ladder comes in. I am stoked.

AZeyeTIE likes this.
  15. Jun 12, 2017 at 2:14 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Told ya they rock!!!!

Brian007Taco[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Jun 16, 2017 at 1:34 AM
    Psybain

Psybain Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lunar Rock 4x4 TRD OR
    Really looking forward to moving to free territory and getting a taco of my own so I can join you guys sometime. The pics look amazing

Milota95, phx13 and Brian007Taco like this.
  17. Jun 16, 2017 at 12:59 PM
    Dudeman86

Dudeman86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black DCLB OR
    Beautiful campsite. Counting down the days now until I'm living in AZ. I'd be in for a trip like this.

Psybain likes this.
  18. Jun 16, 2017 at 1:34 PM
    AZeyeTIE

AZeyeTIE Uh huh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dewey, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '14 Super White TRD Baja
    Nothing noteworthy
    With those sticks in your avatar you will fit right in. About a year ago I was in your same boat. Super glad we made the move from occupied Commiefornia

Dudeman86[QUOTED] and Psybain like this.
  19. Jun 16, 2017 at 3:58 PM
    Dudeman86

Dudeman86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black DCLB OR
    Very much looking forward to getting out of the occupied territory. The move is paying for itself in lower income tax. As I am starting to transition other things, finding nice surprises like $1k cheaper auto insurance for same coverage.

20. Jun 16, 2017 at 7:12 PM
    Psybain

Psybain Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lunar Rock 4x4 TRD OR
    Hear hear! When do you escape? I have to wait til sept

Products Discussed in

To Top