1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6 cyl. 2D Pre-Runner?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AviateGW, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mar 28, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    AviateGW

AviateGW [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glenn
    Atlanta area
    Vehicle:
    Black '99 3.4 SR5 4x4. OME/Dakar
    16x8 KONIG Countersteer Offroads from FN, OME/881s in front, OME shocks/Dakar leafs in back. K&N CAI, and last, but not least, TRD Shift knob.
    Greetings! I currently own a '99 Tacoma, and love it. It has 120K on the clock, but still feels quite solid. I'm possibly looking for something different, thus,

I really have two questions:

(Forgive me for asking this here, but the search functionality on Toyota.com is AWFUL...)

Can I buy, does Toyota sell, a new 2010, 6 cylinder, 2 door, not access cab, PreRunner?

Barring that,

Can I buy, does Toyota sell, a new 2010, 2 door, not access cab, 4 cylinder with an automatic transmission?

The Toyota website doesn't seem to think so, but I was hoping that there might be a way to do a special order so as to get the exact options that I want. Has anyone had any success trying something like this?

2. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    No. V6 is not available in the regular cab.

Yes. I just built one online. Base regular cab 4x2 with the 4-speed auto. Price came out to $17,200. Try using zip code 66102 if your zip code doesn't work. I suppose, though I can't imagine why, it might not be available in that configuration in your location. But if you want it, your dealer can find it for you...

ETA:

3. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    By the way, the 2.7 is a pretty stout 4-cyl engine. It has more horsepower than the 3.0 V6 my brother's 1992 Toyota Pickup had.

Products Discussed in

To Top