1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6 inch lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tcboss, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Nov 22, 2007 at 1:17 AM
    tcboss

tcboss [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    Black Mamba
    3 in. Revtek Lift, 33 in. M/T Open Country's,
    i am considering a 6 inch lift for my 07 black access cab for christmas. i have some questions:
    -Which is better fabtech or procomp?
    -Does the 6 inch lift affect the speed and quality of the ride? i know the size of the tire plays apart. i think i heard if u had 33's it was less strain on the tires and no rubbing? im a high schooler so I love to speed and take turns hard. i dont want to get a 6 inch though if it flips reallly easily since i have already flipped my truck once :p i wanna be able to still turn sharp and not go up on two wheels to it almost rolling..lol....and i also love to go muddin so i know a six inch lift is good for that. I am considering between a 3 inch revtek, or OME lift or the 6 inch. a lot of price difference but i love the look of the 6 inch lift and i really want one as long as it stays on all 4.
    thanks for any help.

2. Nov 22, 2007 at 6:02 AM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    I don't quite understand if you are going to be using the truck for tight cornering why you would go with a lift kit and not a lowering. With a lift by raising the truck you will have a higher center of gravity. It will not turn as sharp as it does now. If you want to have your truck perform the way it sounds like you do drop it down some. Then just find you a first gen and do up for the mudding.

3. Nov 22, 2007 at 8:35 AM
    tcboss

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    Black Mamba
    i woulda bought an x-runner if i wanted to lower it. i like the looks of the six inch lift more than the three inch but im asking your guys oppinion on how much it affects it. obviously it's gonna be worse than stock or a 3 inch lift but i just dont want it to be an incredible difference. thankyou.

4. Nov 22, 2007 at 1:00 PM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    I'm not exactly sure how bad it will effect the handling. If you get wider tires this may help with the roll a bit but you will still have more steering needing done. I have heard great reviews about the fab tech lift kit. For the most part it is simple to install and the suspension travel is great. I have a couple of buddies that used fab tech kits on their dodges and have nothing but good reviews. So if there was one I would go with it would be that. I was looking at it myself but I think six inches is a little too much for me. I know there are a few people on here that have done the body lift only maybe they could give you some insight on that if you don't want the full six.

5. Nov 22, 2007 at 2:50 PM
    tcboss

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    Black Mamba
    ya i have a friend with a 2.5 inch lift and then 2 inch spacers i think and it handles pretty well. but i was thinking maybe going 6 inches and ya know topping his off a little bit :) lol but thanks for your tips about fabtech. the local truck shop says fabtech is the way to go but im gonna check out another shop tomorrow. i think maybe 33's with a 12.5 inch tire width would help with the handling maybe?

6. Nov 22, 2007 at 3:11 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    if u use that 12.5 inch tire, u'll definately have rubbing w/o a spacer in there

Products Discussed in

To Top