1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. May 26, 2019 at 7:02 PM
    2Toyotas

2Toyotas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    '13 Taco SR5 AC
    Dug holes for blueberry plants yesterday.
    Split wet poplar rounds today for the new firepit. Poplar rounds do not dry BTW. :rant::sadviolin:

boatswain and Holeshot like this.
  2. May 26, 2019 at 7:06 PM
    Holeshot

Holeshot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    15 Doublecab TRD Off Road 4 X 4
    My blueberries are beginning to ripen. :)

2Toyotas, boatswain and ImpulseRed008 like this.
  3. May 26, 2019 at 7:17 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :hungry:

2Toyotas and boatswain like this.
  4. May 27, 2019 at 4:39 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Morning all:

We have an abundance of wild blueberries in NE PA, both lowbush and high bush. Every once in awhile I stumble onto a patch of wild strawberries, those little guys are absolutely delicious!

5. May 27, 2019 at 4:50 AM
    TacomaInTx

TacomaInTx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Eddy, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100 all 4 corners, OME 886 front springs, adda leaf progressive rear packs. Front upper control arms replaced also ,Group 31 battery conversion with Odyssey gel battery . Warn winch bumper and winch. Prinsu roof rack,Full grille replacement with ridgid duallys mounted behind, and 17" SCS bronze wheels with copper 255/80/17 ,
    Headed to my 50TH HS reunion in June :). Really looking forward to catching up with old friends and classmates. I'm taking 4 days to get there and staying in upstate NY for a week. Then the fun begins... going to take a couple weeks to get back here to TX. Going to see some of the places I've missed over the years. Anybody else have their reunion coming up?

Holeshot, wdb and boatswain like this.
  6. May 27, 2019 at 5:33 AM
    2Toyotas

2Toyotas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    '13 Taco SR5 AC
    We have 9 other blueberry plants and some are fruiting now, not quite ripe, but will be ripe soon, and others did not fruit this year. Some have a whole lot of berries. :)

There are fields of blueberries around here. A popular place is Black Balsam area off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Folks show up with buckets. Some camp for days and days just for the blueberries. On the Art Lobe Trail by the way.

I did a section of the PCT from Stevens pass to Snoqualmie Pass many years ago. I took a break my first day sitting in a field of fresh ripe and dew wet huckleberries all within easy reach while sitting in a deep trench of a trail. Maybe some know that area.
    I have yet to be able to distinguish between huckleberries and blueberries. Something about the seeds??? They are both awesome fresh and ripe.

Holeshot[QUOTED] and boatswain like this.
  7. May 27, 2019 at 5:44 AM
    hikerduane

hikerduane Stove & lantern collector, retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Meadow Valley, Jefferson USA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Blazing Blue Pearl TRD Sport AC V6 manual, tow pkg
    RCI sliders fuel tank skid plate, Softopper, tailgate insert
    My wild ones are about to bloom. Dang mole in my replanted patch of lawn. Did catch a gopher yesterday, showed it to Repo pup. Before I could react, he had snatched it off of my trap, but would not kill it.
    Duane

8. May 27, 2019 at 10:10 AM
    gliderpilot

gliderpilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tex (Mike)
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Went to my 50th reunion in April 2018 in SE Texas. Was interesting. We were a small class …. I believe 52 folks. At the time of the reunion 10 had passed away. I'd be willing to bet that 1 or 2 more are gone by now. Be prepared to see some that aged really well, some that didn't, some that gained a lot of weight, etc.. They talked about another reunion in the future, but I doubt I'll go.

9. May 27, 2019 at 10:22 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Have never been to any reunions. Didn't stay in touch with anyone.... :anonymous:

boatswain likes this.
  10. May 27, 2019 at 10:25 AM
    stbear

stbear Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport MGM
    Same here. 1,000 in my graduating class. Still run into people that graduated same year as me but never knew.

Holeshot and boatswain like this.
  11. May 27, 2019 at 10:29 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    Have not seen a soul since I left town 3.... lets just say a lot of years ago. Think there were about 300 of us... give or take a few. I wouldn't know any of them, even if I tripped on them.

12. May 27, 2019 at 10:34 AM
    hikerduane

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Vehicle:
    After HS, went to a couple alumni dinners, but nothing in over 40 some years. Only 10 in my class where I attended in middle of Nevada, nobody I really care to see. Did hear one classmate passed away from a friend of a friend. 50th in two more years.
    Duane

13. May 27, 2019 at 6:50 PM
    Holeshot

Holeshot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    15 Doublecab TRD Off Road 4 X 4
    My H.S. Graduating class had 120 students. About 80 survivors left now.

We have a reunion every five years and I have never missed one.

One grad has a Christmas party at her home each year and one of our grads has a band so we do a little dancing and have lots of food ( and some drinks if you partake ).

I also run into some of the grads at restaurants, mostly on Sunday after church services.

We are a lot like family and I look forward to our meetings. My wife enjoys my class mates too and said they make her feel very welcome. She went on to say that she enjoys my class reunions more than hers. I knew a lot of kids from her school so I enjoy both reunions.

We need to make time to visit with our friends.......it is later than you think.

boatswain likes this.
  14. May 28, 2019 at 4:59 AM
    TacomaInTx

TacomaInTx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Eddy, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100 all 4 corners, OME 886 front springs, adda leaf progressive rear packs. Front upper control arms replaced also ,Group 31 battery conversion with Odyssey gel battery . Warn winch bumper and winch. Prinsu roof rack,Full grille replacement with ridgid duallys mounted behind, and 17" SCS bronze wheels with copper 255/80/17 ,
    Yes, my bud up in Dallas is actually heading it up... he is here in TX too :) The class had 432 graduate... looks like 97 members are attending most with a spouse or friend. There has been 68 that have passed... the last 6 just since we started planning :( I attended the 10th but not 20th or 25th and really look forward to this... probably our last ;)

15. May 28, 2019 at 5:17 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Same here.
    Not interested
    Seen a couple people over the years.

16. May 28, 2019 at 9:55 AM
    hikerduane

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Vehicle:
    Whew! Uncovered why my assets took a hit. My financial guy said two of the funds I have money in merged, so figures aren't showing yet. He must have gotten more emails as he said quite a few people asked.
    Caught a mole in my trap o/n, missed a gopher in another. Cut a nice load of firewood this morning 1/4 mile from home. One more cord to go, but more likely in August, but will see if I can get higher in a few weeks or less to one spot. Off to get new specs tomorrow in Reno and get some stuff at REI.
    Duane

wdb, Holeshot, boatswain and 2 others like this.
  17. May 28, 2019 at 10:21 AM
    Arbie

Arbie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2004 3.4 PreRunner SR5 ext cab jade
    Custom black grille
    Weather hit a record 100 over the weekend. We found relief in our little garden pool. So did a possum. He took a dump on the steps last night. Why I aughtaah.....!

18. May 28, 2019 at 12:58 PM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Afternoon all:
    Don't you just love it when you're left in the dark about things directly related to you, glad you found out the reason that your assets took a temporary hit! :(

Hit the river last night, 1 striper! I don't know if the spring walleye night bite already happened, will happen in the next few weeks, or isn't going to happen at all. Of course it's raining AGAIN, and we can't get up to the river enough to see if anything is happening, it sure wasn't last night!

Be glad it was only a possum Robert, my buddy said he heard the diving board make a noise at his pool, he turned the outside lights on and a bear was in the pool, I wonder if it's the same one that keeps going in my pond.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Holeshot, Arbie and hikerduane like this.
  19. May 29, 2019 at 2:26 PM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    [​IMG]

20. May 31, 2019 at 4:53 AM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Morning all:
    Was just looking at something that was mentioned by someone I know, tier 1 gasoline, it seems that most major brands are listed as tier 1, but one that isn't is Gulf.
    We have two Gulf stations locally that have been around for a long time, and a lot of people use it without seeming to have any problems, really surprised me to see that they aren't a tier 1 gas. From what I'm reading it's the additives that are put into the fuel that gives it the rating, it's supposed to be a cleaner burning fuel and not leave as many deposits on valves etc. because of the additives.
    Reason this was being discussed, the local Sunoco where I usually get my gas is switching to a unbranded gas that isn't rated tier 1. Down the street is a station that recently switched to Valero which is tier 1, looks like I may be running Valero for awhile or just go North a little where they have a Sunoco and a Exxon which are both tier 1.
    BTW, Sheets, WAWA, Turkey Hill, Giant, Gulf, and others aren't tier 1, plenty of people run these and don't seem to have problems, maybe I'm just being too paranoid!

Holeshot likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top