1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Mar 17, 2021 at 4:40 AM
    Devious6

Devious6 Not your Average College President Emeritus

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northeast Pennsyltuckyvania
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Happy Anniversary!!!!

2. Mar 17, 2021 at 4:40 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    So old skool. I had an MP3 player with a USB C port installed. ;)

71 years young. Will be 72 in August. Seen and done a lot of stuff I should not have but did a lot of stuff I am proud of too. Have to lead a balanced life.

Pic for Rob. This is my Epiphone Caballero guitar from 1964. The Luthier did a terrific job. Replaces the bridge, fixed the interior bracing, fixed the frets, repaired some minor body damage, and installed light strings. Basically did a setup to make the guitar playable again.

The second pic is my Taylor AD27e guitar. This is Taylors entry level solid wood guitar. The top is mahogany and it has the internal pickup. I splurged for the onboard electrics.

20210317_072538.jpg 20210317_072516.jpg

3. Mar 17, 2021 at 5:17 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    :hattip:Tom

Those are beautiful! :)

4. Mar 17, 2021 at 5:38 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Afternoon all:

73 here, and starting to feel like it! :rolleyes:

Happy anniversary!

I need to hunt down BOTH PA and Federal est. tax forms, they used to send them but they haven't for the last few years, looks like I need to make a trip to the state reps. office again to get them printed out. :annoyed:

5. Mar 17, 2021 at 5:58 AM
    Foster Imposter

Foster Imposter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Out in the woods, GA
    Vehicle:
    2018 PRO MT
    "I plan to live forever, so far, so good!''
    (quote from Steven Wright)

6. Mar 17, 2021 at 6:02 AM
    MtnAltitude

MtnAltitude AKA: Grump-a-saurus

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado Mtns
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Pro AG, 1971 FJ40 - all MT
    Good morning all,

Happy Anniversary 06Tacooo.

67 in two weeks, feel like I am in my 20's it took all three stages and 20 minutes on the treadmill to get my heart up to the target (135) for the Stress Test, tech was concerned as my resting was 52 with all the hardware attached. Will see what the results presents later this week. it was hard to breath through a N95 mask - just sayin...

Col, hope you get a new greenhouse - fingers crossed. I didn't realize USAA is based in TX, Colorado Springs has a huge USAA complex. I guess I just assumed that was their corporate offices. Interesting.

Have a great day everyone - be safe

7. Mar 17, 2021 at 6:19 AM
    MtnAltitude

MtnAltitude AKA: Grump-a-saurus

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado Mtns
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Pro AG, 1971 FJ40 - all MT
    Hey, we haven't heard from Will in a while?

Devious6 and Oldie2007 like this.
  8. Mar 17, 2021 at 6:54 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    :bowdown::bowdown:

Devious6 and Oldie2007 like this.
  9. Mar 17, 2021 at 7:24 AM
    Oldie2007

Oldie2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Lockhart, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Impulse Red Pearl DCSB SR5 PreRunner. 2020 RAV4Hybrid Limited
    A little something every chance we get.
    :pccoffee: Good Morning Porchies! Not a measurable drop! Glad I secretly watered in the soil food last night. Do the front yard tonight, and "legally" water the front. Going to trim and Roundup out behind the fence today, and put the new Spring fish up on the poles. Good windy test day for it! Happy third Friday folks!

Happy Anniversary @06Tacooo Mark! 40 is fantastic; we hit 35 last year, but didn't get to celebrate much! Way to go!

66, and going on 50 again. I credit it to years of "Occupation 99: Other".

10. Mar 17, 2021 at 8:56 AM
    roundrocktom

roundrocktom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Silver DCLB Off Road
    Still holding out for an 8 track player. Where did I leave my old John Denver songs?

Around 1974, my family all drove Mopar products. Dad loved Chrysler, so we had hemi's, slant six, and my sister had Sunbeam Alpine in college (Chrysler bought Rootes groups and sold Imps and Sunbeams). Well, I saved for a Datsun! The family gave me crab about a Japanese car, but my brother found out I paid $5 a tank, and it lasted me two weeks so he always wanted a ride. Fine, he hated John Denver. So every time he rode he had to pay gas money and listen to John Denver. After a while, he decided he'd rather drive himself and not listen to John Denver. Years later my sister told him "Tom hates John Denver, but played that tape to drive you crazy".

Oh, the 1968 White Plymouth Valiant. That thing ran for years. Another brother ended up with it. Only people who drove them in the 1970s were little ol' ladies or Narcs. We were coming back from a party, late a night, and he rear-ended a Porsche 911. Oh no! Porsche driver got out, took one look at two guys in a Valiant, jumped into his car, and took off! We looked at each other and quietly drove home. Zero damage to the bumper.

I'm still a young whippersnapper!

06Tacooo, Devious6, Oldie2007 and 4 others like this.
  11. Mar 17, 2021 at 11:25 AM
    cheech1

cheech1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kaneohe, HI
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road
    I had a Valiant, I believe it was a '68. Didn't know that sucker could fly! Landed in pineapple field, with front end stuck in pineapple plants. Jacked up the front end, put it in reverse, and came out in a cloud of dust. No visible damage. My passenger though, was scarred for life.

Oh, and I just made 67, and like many of you, still have the mind of a teenager!
    Have a good day all, stay safe.

12. Mar 17, 2021 at 12:12 PM
    Sprig

Sprig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    N. Calif. The Twilight Zone
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD double cab 4x4, Barcelona Red
    I still feel young at heart. I still like listening to old rock n roll, sometimes loud, I like to crank it up. I like to dance to rock n roll. Don’t have the moves I did when younger but do pretty good for an old guy. I still like fast cars (and boats) and like to go fast. Sold my last fast car a few years ago and my fast boat many years ago. I still like to check out pretty young women. When my wife catches me I just tell her I may be on a diet but I can still look at the menu. I like country western music and still wear cowboy hats and boots. I don’t party like I use to, but still occasionally throw back a couple beers and can be the life of the party. I still like roller coaster rides and amusement parks. I sure don’t feel 72 unless I over do something and then I feel about 100. Even if you have significant health problems I think age is still mostly about about attitude and your state of mind. I know people who seemed old at 50. I know an 89 year old who is quite young at heart. I think 2 of the biggest things we can say about our generation the younger generations can’t is - We know things and We can fix things. I’m still a little bit of a rebel. Old age is coming for me but I’m gonna keep kickin his ass as long as I can.

13. Mar 17, 2021 at 1:43 PM
    Foster Imposter

Foster Imposter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Out in the woods, GA
    Vehicle:
    2018 PRO MT
    Well said! :hattip:

Sprig[QUOTED] and Oldie2007 like this.
  14. Mar 17, 2021 at 2:17 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    Thankfully, my Service was completed before Viet Nam. My close calls were limited to leisure activities, most memorable being a trip down the North Fork American River fully clothed. When I eddied out 500 (level 5) whitewater yards downriver, I was pulled out by two sunbathers at a spot aptly named Nudie Rocks. Unfortunately, I’d swallowed too much river to properly thank those lovely ladies. :hattip:

15. Mar 17, 2021 at 2:18 PM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Coolest Oldest Dudes have the best stories. :)

16. Mar 17, 2021 at 2:22 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    And I got the T shirt!

17. Mar 17, 2021 at 3:41 PM
    markmizzou

markmizzou Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    17 SR5 V6 4x4 AC AT tow pkg. Blue as they come
    A back step for when I get older, Carhartt seatcovers, 4Runner wheels, Topper, and "tats all folks"! --for now!!
    73.4 here Walked away from a plane crash in 2016, that is - Till they forced me to take a $45.000.00 helo ride to a emergency room (treated and released later).
    (as someone else here said they had) . Had a heart attack - skied 2 more days after that (Didn't know I had the attack till I got back home in Mo.), Survived 30-some combat missions over northern Laos and the northern Gulf of Tonkin (off of the coast of Hanoi VietNam),. A few car crashes - one a rollover into a deep ravine (I was sleeping in the back seat of a brand new66 Ford galaxie 500 when driver friend thought he could just sleep as I was doing) Good thing we were "limbered" up from a previous Frat party. His dad was the local Ford dealer. Also survived 52+ years of marriage (Same wonderful sweet heart). Now enjoying life all the more!!

18. Mar 17, 2021 at 4:45 PM
    Oldie2007

Oldie2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Lockhart, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Impulse Red Pearl DCSB SR5 PreRunner. 2020 RAV4Hybrid Limited
    A little something every chance we get.
    OK, Spring is officially here. The 2021 fish have been caught, er, launched!

[​IMG]

They are getting the 30+ MPH wind test today. Got the work behind the fence done; no one sees it but me, but it keeps the field weeds at bay. Loving a new sprayer pump I got for the Round-Up. If ya' need a hand pumper sprayer, check out PETRA. Never had one hold the "pump" for so much work! OH, the silly Yellow Submarine rain gauge finally owned up to the 1/3" that barreled through this AM.

Tacman19, MtnAltitude, 95SLE and 4 others like this.
  19. Mar 17, 2021 at 6:17 PM
    Travlr

Travlr Lost in the ozone again

Member:
    Middle'a Utah
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja Series Access Cab
    Got the new tires and shocks installed on the wreck. I've pulled the bedside quarter panel out and straightened the braces underneath. Only one small crease left that will be underneath the fender flare. The Baja decals were surprisingly easy to take off. Just a small learning curve and some hot sun.

DSC02532.jpgDSC02531.jpg

You guys swapping life lessons brings back the memories. Sixteen years old and a friend and I took our sixteen year old girlfriends to Vegas. I was catching some z's in the back of the Plymouth wagon with my girlfriend when I felt a lurch and sat up to look out the back window... and saw a telephone pole coming at the rear of the car as it was going backwards at about eighty miles an hour. Thankfully some kind of imperfection steered the car slightly to the left and the pole whizzed by on the driver side. My buddy had been following the center line, his girlfriend sleeping on his shoulder, and as an oncoming car approached he began to move over into his lane. The girlfriend woke up, thought he was running off the road, and grabbed the wheel. The slant six threw a rod and we limped it into Beaver Utah, found a mechanic that took pity on us and fixed the car, taking all our money except about twenty bucks. The car had a full tank of gas and in Vegas I got into a private card game at the Thunderbird motel. I made enough money that we made it back to SLC... barely. His parents never knew the car threw a rod, or for that matter what we had done.

Tacman19, RustyGreen, 95SLE and 9 others like this.
  20. Mar 17, 2021 at 6:38 PM
    Sprig

Sprig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    N. Calif. The Twilight Zone
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD double cab 4x4, Barcelona Red
    Packing up the new car tonight and getting for our big road from here to Dammeron Valley Ut. Be on the road by 5:00am. First real trip since April last year. Going to visit close friends who have some acreage and horses and we always have a great time with. Going to visit a couple national parks while we are there to. It’s about a 12 hour drive with few stops. I know some of you may not have ever driven the wide open spaces of Nevada where gas stations are up to 170 miles apart and where you can see 100 plus miles. Sometimes we see wild mustangs , antelopes and other critters. I’ll try to post some pics when I get a chance. I’ll fill the cooler when I get back.

Products Discussed in

To Top