1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jun 28, 2022 at 9:18 AM
    roundrocktom

roundrocktom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Silver DCLB Off Road
    Kurt, On steering components, I like OEM stuff. I tend to buy Toyota OEM parts, as too many aftermarket parts are Chinese junk. Your Beck Arnley boxes are "made in Taiwan" which is good.

"555" made in Japan was always my preference for Toyota's. I loved Moog for years, but about ten years ago, I went to bottom-of-the-barrel suppliers. Example: https://lowrangeoffroad.com/2005-20...rod-end-right-or-left-by-555-45503-09490.html

https://parts.toyota.com/a/Toyota_2...38/FRONT-STEERING-GEAR--LINK/674470-4505.html

Hopefully, it will be some years before I need parts.

lynyrd3 and Oldie2007 like this.
  2. Jun 28, 2022 at 9:35 AM
    Travlr

Travlr Lost in the ozone again

Member:
    Middle'a Utah
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja Series Access Cab
    Reminds me of when my brother had me sit on the cowl of his Austin Healy with the v-8 transplant to pour gas in the carburetor from a soup can so he could drive it down the driveway before installing the fuel pump.

95SLE, lynyrd3, 06Tacooo and 5 others like this.
  3. Jun 29, 2022 at 2:16 AM
    Devious6

Devious6 Not your Average College President Emeritus

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northeast Pennsyltuckyvania
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Good morning fellow Porchatonians!

4. Jun 29, 2022 at 4:36 AM
    lynyrd3

lynyrd3 STRENGTH DETERMINATION MERCILESS FOREVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 AC SUPER WHITE V6 4x4 AT / 2020 RAV4 XLE
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !
    Morning 60+ :hattip:

Sprig and Oldie2007 like this.
  5. Jun 29, 2022 at 4:51 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    You are correct about waiting. Ring is owned by Amazon and the camera you want will be on sale during prime days. It is possible to set up alerts to be notified when an item is up for sale.

Good morning, all. Semi busy day today with laundry, guitar lesson, need to get a haircut and going out to dinner.

6. Jun 29, 2022 at 6:19 AM
    Oldie2007

Oldie2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Lockhart, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Impulse Red Pearl DCSB SR5 PreRunner. 2020 RAV4Hybrid Limited
    A little something every chance we get.
    :pccoffee: Good Morning Porch Pals & Gal! Just some dribbles yesterday, but we got plenty Monday. Friday & Saturday up in the air as far as rain goes - depends on the Gulf.
    So, mow and yard work today to get it done. Take care of as much as I can, because it's hospital time for the wife tomorrow - another vascular surgery. I think this is 5 or 6? Probably not a stent this time, but swapping a leg vein out, like my Doc talked about for me (in the future). Overnight stay at minimum, first they said two, now one - we'll see. Usually have to tie her to the bed to get her to stay! These make me nervous, but they've done it before. Hurts a lot when they're done, but heals quickly. This time, she gets a scar! I told her that give character - probably not like my knees though.
    So, have a good hump day all! If your week has a hump that is!

MQQSE likes this.
  7. Jun 29, 2022 at 9:54 AM
    Sprig

Sprig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    N. Calif. The Twilight Zone
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD double cab 4x4, Barcelona Red
    My prayers to your wife and you. With you there to take care of her she’ll do just fine.

8. Jun 29, 2022 at 3:53 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Evening all:

Wishing the best for your wife Kurt.

:annoyed: The bear was in the pond again! At least I figured out a way to straighten the drainpipe without having to wade in the pond, I can stick a long piece of square tubing into the top of the pipe and twist it back to vertical while standing on the berm.

9. Jun 29, 2022 at 4:03 PM
    RustyGreen

RustyGreen A breaker point guy in a Bluetooth world

Member:
    sleeping in a chair
    Vehicle:
    2017 AC 4x4 Sport 6M Inferno
    Pavement Princess
    Prayers for a easy procedure and quick recovery.
    :pray::pray:

10. Jun 29, 2022 at 4:04 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Now here's an idea!!!! :laughing:

[​IMG]

11. Jun 29, 2022 at 6:18 PM
    Oldie2007

Oldie2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Lockhart, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Impulse Red Pearl DCSB SR5 PreRunner. 2020 RAV4Hybrid Limited
    A little something every chance we get.
    Thanks for the kind thoughts guys! Just to make it harder - her Kindle died, all by itself, tonight after dinner. All I got is my hideous old 2010 model, which has no room, and she is busy deleting apps to make some space for games she needs to pass the time. I may not survive this after all!

So, before I pass, Putz update on Squirrel V.2. Pulled it apart. Traded the riser for a shorter one, put the old riser as an extension, and slid some PVC over each of the horizontal pipe. Racoon has made off with both ears I put up on V.1 - we'll see if this works. I guess I will know Friday!

20220629_120027.jpg
    20220629_120240.jpg
    20220629_121547.jpg

And after two Amazon attempts and returns for arrived broken (no, can't buy a decent one in town!), I got a fancier thermometer for the fence by the pool that was actually well packed, and worked. AND, the wife likes it!

20220629_124324.jpg
    20220629_145042.jpg

And getting up at 4 to get her to the hospital is not my norm, so, I will see you tomorrow at some point!

MQQSE, knayrb, davidstacoma and 5 others like this.
  12. Jun 30, 2022 at 1:41 AM
    Devious6

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Sending good thoughts for your wife, Kurt!!!

Sounds like it's also time for a new Kindle for her - Lynn's died last week, too, and she's loving the new one.

knayrb, davidstacoma, Sprig and 2 others like this.
  13. Jun 30, 2022 at 1:42 AM
    Devious6

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Good morning fellow Porchatonians!!!

Played 9 holes of golf yesterday with Lynn, then came home and cut the grass. Today I think I'll trim some brush this morning before it heats up.

14. Jun 30, 2022 at 2:02 AM
    06Tacooo

06Tacooo Earth Czar

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    39° 14' N / 83° 13' W
    Vehicle:
    06 Off Road Access Cab Indigo Ink Pearl
    Michelin Defender LTX M/S2, ABS kill switch, Tech Deck, Mirror riser, Ride-Rites, BF Garmin GPS
    Getting a DIRECTV update today, one of our old receivers bit the dust, and that model is no more. A tech will be here this morning with two new Genie receivers, and also to check everything else. That's good, the dish system is 30+ years old. Have to say, easier to deal with them since ATT bought them. IDK if they still own it. I'll ask the tech if they're ever going to offer gigabit internet.:D

edit: Everything completed as scheduled and on time. Refreshing, and no.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    davidstacoma, Sprig and lynyrd3 like this.
  15. Jun 30, 2022 at 3:39 AM
    lynyrd3

lynyrd3 STRENGTH DETERMINATION MERCILESS FOREVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 AC SUPER WHITE V6 4x4 AT / 2020 RAV4 XLE
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !
    Morning 60+ :hattip:
    My nuero spine Dr appointment has been moved up to next week ! No severe pain anymore just a little sore . :notsure: We will see what happens

davidstacoma and Sprig like this.
  16. Jun 30, 2022 at 4:43 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Hope everything goes well, and the wife has a speedy recovery.

LOL Let me know how this works out for you. Good morning, Carl and thank you for the laugh.

Today is defrosting the freezer in the garage. It will be a great time to do an inventory and sort. Our local grocery, Harris Teeter has whole chickens for .99 a pound and pork butts for $1.29 a pound. If the pork butt is boneless that would be a decent price. I have a couple of smaller tasks to do around the house today so I will be sort of busy.

17. Jun 30, 2022 at 5:29 AM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Prayers :pray: and positive thoughts for your wife Kurt. Hope all goes well. :pray:

18. Jun 30, 2022 at 5:46 AM
    Travlr

Travlr Lost in the ozone again

Member:
    Middle'a Utah
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja Series Access Cab
    Tell your wife to get better, we are all rooting for her best possible recovery.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    knayrb, davidstacoma and Sprig like this.
  19. Jun 30, 2022 at 8:49 AM
    markmizzou

markmizzou Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    17 SR5 V6 4x4 AC AT tow pkg. Blue as they come
    A back step for when I get older, Carhartt seatcovers, 4Runner wheels, Topper, and "tats all folks"! --for now!!
    I thought AT&T sold off Direct TV a while back as well -- Am I wrong?

knayrb likes this.
  20. Jun 30, 2022 at 9:31 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    Except for the little part where you still have to pay for the gas, it's a great idea. o_O
    Hoping it all went well for her and for you. There is a Kindle app for Apple devices, I assume there's one for other OS's as well. I read Kindle books on my iPad.

Products Discussed in

To Top