1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Aug 13, 2022 at 6:49 PM
    Ivanimal

Ivanimal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Front hitch receiver Aftermarket stereo with backup camera Roof bars with storage options for fishing and canoe Class A receiver for towing quad and junk.
    Off to Bezerkly to see Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night sweats. Should be fun

Foster Imposter and Travlr like this.
  2. Aug 13, 2022 at 7:37 PM
    Martin64

Martin64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Yuma, Az
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Stock
    That and clean up the neighborhood a little...

3. Aug 13, 2022 at 7:42 PM
    Martin64

Martin64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Yuma, Az
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Stock
    ...that would suck (for them).

Oldie2007 likes this.
  4. Aug 13, 2022 at 7:44 PM
    cgolf

cgolf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    None
    Just turned 75 :militarypress: and sold my 2022 Jeep Wrangler and bought a 2020 TRD Off Road. The Jeep did nothing for me/ The TRD has given my new driving life!! :)

5. Aug 13, 2022 at 9:10 PM
    Ivanimal

Ivanimal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Front hitch receiver Aftermarket stereo with backup camera Roof bars with storage options for fishing and canoe Class A receiver for towing quad and junk.
    Sold my 1986 last year felt like riding an old horse. My Toyota does everything I need now. When I was trekking the Rubicon I needed it. No more.

6. Aug 13, 2022 at 9:29 PM
    Sprig

Sprig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    N. Calif. The Twilight Zone
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD double cab 4x4, Barcelona Red
    Welcome to TW. Good on you for getting a Tacoma. I’ve always liked Jeeps but my main complaint is that their reliability/dependability sucks. Everyone I’ve known over the years who had a Jeep has had problems with them. They are the king of off road when they don’t break down. We are a little biased here but you are going to love your Taco.

7. Aug 14, 2022 at 3:53 AM
    lynyrd3

lynyrd3 STRENGTH DETERMINATION MERCILESS FOREVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 AC SUPER WHITE V6 4x4 AT / 2020 RAV4 XLE
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !
    Morning 60+ ,a cool 49* here

8. Aug 14, 2022 at 4:31 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Welcome to TW and the porch. Cooler is to the right, help yourself. You need to fill it with your favorite beverage by Tuesday. Please do not sit in the rocker over there. The owner gets grumpier than usual when someone sits in his rocker.

Kurt: I like the pictures, especially the 67 GTO and the 66 or 65 Corvette. Cannot tell the year without looking at the grill or the gas cap.

Yesterday all the rock was removed from the pond area. Today we finish the rubber liner removal and there are a few red garden blocks that need to be removed and stacked for a new shed project next spring.

9. Aug 14, 2022 at 6:29 AM
    Oldie2007

Oldie2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Lockhart, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Impulse Red Pearl DCSB SR5 PreRunner. 2020 RAV4Hybrid Limited
    A little something every chance we get.
    :pccoffee: Good Morning Porch Pals & Gals! And welcome @cgolf - this is a good place to be!

Enjoyed the car show yesterday, I try not to duplicate pics month to month. I really did enjoy the Weinermobile, I haven't seen a real one since I was a kid, and that was the '58 model! It's just good, stupid fun to see it in person, and amazing they have had one all these years. If you were younger, and an unemployed college grad, you could sign up, go to the Weiner University for training, and get paid to drive around for a year. Long running program - 2 kids per vehicle per year.

Looks like it's pool tending today - wife not happy about filtering. Did little after I got home, so I could save my energy for making burgers and watering.

10. Aug 14, 2022 at 7:16 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    :pccoffee: :wave: sixtys/wannabes/coulda-beens car geeks. I went to a "Demo Day" at the Simeone Museum in Philadelphia yesterday. If you are ever in the area try not to miss a visit. It's a world renowned collection of auto racing history. Here's a little teaser: supercharged MG Magnette that came 4th at LeMans in its day.

https://youtu.be/y43CAgulwNY

I've always loved the Wienermobile too for some strange reason. I remember seeing it as a kid as well, back when it was a modified Ford Falcon. Now it's built on a motorhome chassis. One of my ex-laws did Wiener U thing and drove it around the country for a year. He had a great time!

11. Aug 14, 2022 at 7:23 AM
    Oldie2007

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Lockhart, TX
    Vehicle:
    That's a Hot Rod for sure, Dave! BRG should still be the only color allowed for the Brit cars in international sport! I still remember a "great book" i read in sixth grade about the "Blower Bentley" assault on LeMans. Book was black and white, but my memory is still in color!

Oh the eye exam unofficially went great. She got good pictures, and said it looked fine. Of course, it still has to be evaluated....

12. Aug 14, 2022 at 7:43 AM
    RustyGreen

RustyGreen A breaker point guy in a Bluetooth world

Member:
    sleeping in a chair
    Vehicle:
    2017 AC 4x4 Sport 6M Inferno
    Pavement Princess
    Welcome to the forum :hattip:

Congratulations on the new truck and birthday too.:thumbsup:

cgolf[QUOTED], Sprig and 06Tacooo like this.
  13. Aug 14, 2022 at 9:15 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    :cookiemonster:

knayrb, cgolf and Oldie2007 like this.
  14. Aug 14, 2022 at 9:51 AM
    OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk A legend in my own mind!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    East Central Wisco
    Vehicle:
    '17 OffRoad Silver Sky Metallic
    Small lift, slightly oversized tires, well...
    There are at least 3 Wienermobiles. I believe the program is based out of Verona, WI. They are staffed by marketing students from UW Madison from what I was told. Talked to them at their home base, they leased space from one of my customers of my old job.

upload_2022-8-14_11-49-6.jpg
    upload_2022-8-14_11-50-7.jpg
    upload_2022-8-14_11-50-53.jpg

15. Aug 14, 2022 at 11:13 AM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Welcome to the porch edit.jpg

Welcome to the thread @cgolf Great group in here and to be honest one of the best threads on TW. Post up and enjoy the comraderie. :thumbsup:

16. Aug 14, 2022 at 1:51 PM
    Kevins60

Kevins60 axle wrap tells me my rear brakes are working

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Odessa FL
    Vehicle:
    ‘04 4cyl SR5 AT Pre-runner Garage Queen
    SCS Cruise Westin step bars Lund tonneau Jensen HU
    Wait until I tell her there’s no smoking, eating or drinking in my truck. Look for a mushroom cloud rising over Tampa, that’ll be her.

95SLE, wdb, woodtickgreg and 4 others like this.
  17. Aug 14, 2022 at 2:09 PM
    Kevins60

Kevins60 axle wrap tells me my rear brakes are working

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Odessa FL
    Vehicle:
    ‘04 4cyl SR5 AT Pre-runner Garage Queen
    SCS Cruise Westin step bars Lund tonneau Jensen HU
    Good advice. Pretty sure we’ll be OK, I was told that the PO use to haul a little camper from Ocala to the panhandle to go Turkey hunting. If he could do that then I should be able to make the 90 miles from here to Ocala hauling a couch and loveseat. The route we usually take is about 1/3 70 MPH expressway and 2/3 two lane back roads. The 70 MPH part concerns me just because that’s just about flat out for my rig. But my wife is always telling me to slow down, now she’s going to get her wish. I’ll be the guy in the right lane doing 65 that everyone curses at when they fly by. I’ve got a Bluetooth OBD2 gizmo I hope I can figure out how to monitor the transmission temp by the time we go next month.

Sprig and Oldie2007 like this.
  18. Aug 14, 2022 at 4:14 PM
    Oldie2007

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Lockhart, TX
    Vehicle:
    I had a MT 1988 Toyota "pickup truck" with the 22R engine. One time, I drove to the gravel guys, and foolishly asked for a yard of play sand. The looked at me.... o_O, and said you watch and say when "no more" is! About (sloped) 6" above the bed side, I gulped and begged. I did the Carolina squat at 35 tops mph all the way home. Steering was...."exciting". But, it did it's job. Yours will too.

06Tacooo, Sprig and Kevins60[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Aug 14, 2022 at 7:33 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Evening all:
    Another welcome to the porch cgolf, post away, we are interested in most anything and pictures are always welcome.

Sprig and Oldie2007 like this.
  20. Aug 15, 2022 at 5:46 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Thanks for sharing. Back in the day the car was a great one. Happy to see it is preserved.

Harvested from the garden yesterday. Today I am making pasta sauce. Seared salmon for dinner.

Sprig, Oldie2007 and wdb[QUOTED] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top