1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Oct 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Nice Pics..
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

You are too busy:rolleyes:

sup:)

2. Oct 2, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    40 hot wings,,, Ill get my $$$'s worth out of the city sewer tomorrow.:anonymous:. [​IMG]

3. Oct 3, 2013 at 5:18 AM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    The Grand daughter!!!:D

Thanks Tom.

Thanks Sue.

How's the stomach this morning Jim:confused: or should I ask how the exit is doing???:rolleyes:

4. Oct 3, 2013 at 5:26 AM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    OOP's Sorry Carl, looked at the picture closer and it was a damn tourist behind the tree:infantry:!!!! Don't know who it was... grand daughter is behind the turtle:D. I'll have to crop him out..thank goodness for photo shop:)

5. Oct 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Evening all:
    Lots of Pics. Enjoying!

Hey Jim: Do you know if there was ever a book published on BMC James E. Williams? I see he received 3 purple hearts, along with the MOH. Might be an interesting read. Sounds like a guy they should make a movie about.

:yay:Shower stall came, only problem was, it's a 36" shower not the 42" that was supposed to be ordered. :annoyed: I noticed the size of the base on the box after I brought it home, and then looked at the slip which also had 36" base on it. The billing slip they gave me had the 42" on it, the order slip had 36" on it. Now 2 parts were wrong; the base and the back panel. Took it right back to the place I bought it, and now have to wait for the correct base and back panel to come in. :goingcrazy:
    Just glad I wasn't quite ready to install it! :rolleyes:

6. Oct 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :laughing: put off until tomorrow what you could have done today.... :D

7. Oct 3, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.

8. Oct 4, 2013 at 3:08 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Jim:
    Thank you for the information. Wow what a man.

9. Oct 4, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    X2

10. Oct 4, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    The man was a good river rat for sure.. I looked every where for anything he might have written ,,Nothing..Some people that know him in S.C. said he never saw himself as a hero, just a lucky SOB to be alive.

11. Oct 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Morning all: :confused:
    What did the capt. do? He behaved on here, must have been something on another thread? Maby they will let him back, seemed like a lot of knowledge left for him to post on!!!!! Oh Well! Enjoyed things he posted in the short time he joined us.

12. Oct 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
  13. Oct 4, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
  14. Oct 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    I bet I would have had massive skid marks in my skivvies if I was with him that day. Would have done what I needed to do but been really skeered. That must have been one hell of a firefight.

15. Oct 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    :wave: Welcome...

16. Oct 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Welcome:
    I myself am a vet, our family came here around 1699. I often wonder what an ancestor, who was an officer on George Washingtons staff, would have to say about current affairs. He probably would be cleaning his musket; AGAIN! :D
    Don't know why, but I'm starting to think a little different than I did when I was younger! It's bad when lawmakers don't even want to understand "ILLEGAL"! :rolleyes: DUH!!!!!

17. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    I tell you Carl I feel that the entire Congress, recently elected and incumbents, have let our country down in a big way. I wish we could just throw out all of them and elect people with common sense to do the job. Clearly the current crop do not have the skill set necessary to do the job.

End of rant.

Anyhoo the traffic on our esteemed beltway has been considerably less since the shutdown.

18. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    Tom for President!!!!

They have ALL let us down. We do need a new crop

19. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    I would not want to be President. I already have grey hair, I do not need to lose it over a job.

The pressure on the President, the job itself, has to be unbelievable. Every decision you make affects millions of people in good or bad ways at the same time.

I chose not to post in the shutdown thread mainly because the young guys are just guessing at things or just repeating media hype, both Left and Right Wing media.

We should just lock them in the Capitol building until they reach an agreement. We could let them out to go to dinner but only if they went in groups of 25 or more. Just dinner then back to the Capitol. NO lobbyist allowed in the Capitol or at dinner. ;)

Oh and take away the cell phones, iPads, tablets and blackberry's.

20. Oct 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    I am sure his injury is just getting on his nerves. When you are very active having an injury that really slows you down is the pitts.

Products Discussed in

To Top