1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Mar 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Thanks Mike appreciate it. I will probably be looking at a new flywheel as well. When I had about 7000 miles on it I pulled a car out of the mud and before someone told the person in the car to put it in neutral:eek:, I had the clutch smoking. I did pull it right out after they put it in neutral. It isn't slipping yet but I have a feeling it won't be long..:rolleyes:

2. Mar 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    At least you pointed him in the right direction. :cool:

:popcorn: I don't think soon ... I hope. But I'll be going down this road at some point.

3. Mar 16, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    That sucked. Any reason why you would not want to go aftermarket on the parts and put in a stronger clutch, PP, and throw out bearing?

4. Mar 16, 2014 at 1:26 PM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    Don't need the clutch yet Tom, but just getting an idea of the cost involved.:D

5. Mar 16, 2014 at 1:35 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    My Tacoma shudders a little at times when starting from a stop. I checked the fluids and they are ok. There is no play in the drive shaft so I am thinking it is either the rear diff or the clutch assembly. It is not serious just annoying. When it breaks I will at least know what the problem was. LOL

At a stopping point now with the computer build. I need to add Office 2010 Pro then migrate data for that. I should have the Key Code tomorrow.

I like this feature of this case. Makes data transfer so easy.

DSC_0084_zps3efd189a_0a9163943979690177b175572d5e7d3f3f8cc7d1.jpg

6. Mar 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup:Nice feature Tom:D...

7. Mar 16, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Evening all:
    Hope it works as good as it looks! :D

8. Mar 16, 2014 at 3:32 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
  9. Mar 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    I save the relays and the small switches. I have a box full.

10. Mar 16, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Moving almost 12,000 pictures at 55mb a second. Not too bad. ;)

11. Mar 17, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    It is amazing how us old farts still cling to the wiring techniques of the 60's. Relays are so inexpensive nowadays it is a waste of time to burnish the contacts when they start to chatter or act funny. Replacing the relay s so easy.

Another pet peeve is how some of the younger guys do not know what a diode is and how to use one. Sure does make blocking the flow of current back into another circuit easy.

12. Mar 17, 2014 at 3:53 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    It is a snow day today so I plan on tinkering, very technical term, with the box. Really want to fine tune the video output and the monitor.

The Corsair link is another program I want to work with. Currently two of the case fans are controlled by a built in case controller. If I move them over to the corsair link I know I can monitor them but I believe I can control the fan speed as well or make the control of the fan speed depend on the temp of the CPU. There is also a Corsair link on the PSU but the supplied cable will not interface into the CPU cooler. The CPU cooler had the Corsair link built in with a cable to interface into the MB and cables to support 4 fans. There is also a input for another Corsair link input, read PSU, but the provided cable with the PSU is not compatible with the input. Need to look at this as well.

Did I say I like wiring diagrams and schematic diagrams? ;)

13. Mar 17, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    :wave:Morning All...Did you get much snow Tom:(..For now, not even an inch and it stopped:)...

14. Mar 17, 2014 at 3:59 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Over 4 inches and still snowing. City website says trash collection will happen. Guess I need to take out the trash this morning. :cool:

:pccoffee: Getting ready for my third cup this morning.

15. Mar 17, 2014 at 4:09 AM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    Had my 2 cups but I think I need another...been up since 4 and couldn't go back to sleep...Wife is having trouble sleeping and she was up at 2:30:eek:...ouch. She left for work 10 minutes ago and it will be a long day for her:(

16. Mar 17, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Kind of funny over in the WTF thread concerning the new Tacoma design and how much everyone hate it. None of those members will or need to buy one. I admit the styling is not the best but is updated to todays design styles so it will be interesting to see if the sales go up, down, or remain the same. I do not hate it and would certainly own one. I hope the colors are updated as well.

17. Mar 17, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Wife and son are home today. I am enjoying the calm before the storm. ;)

18. Mar 17, 2014 at 10:59 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    :eek: Look out folks ... I think the Cap'n is reaching his breaking point with the Tacoma.

:sorry: Cap'n ... Sucks they can't get it fixed. :( :mad:

19. Mar 17, 2014 at 11:37 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Well I think I have all the data copied over to the new PC and all the programs that I want for now. If I need any service programs from Garmin or Samsung, etc, I will load them as I need them.

20. Mar 17, 2014 at 2:43 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Evening all:
    I think I would have been there already! :frusty: :boom:
    Can't believe they can't figure it out!
    Doesn't the lemon law come into effect after a vehicle is taken back three times for the same problem?

Products Discussed in

To Top