1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jan 25, 2015 at 4:15 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Pffft. Some of us old geezers get up early. :p

Good morning Ken and Rob. Goal for today is getting the laundry room cleared out and cabinets off the wall. Going to try and paint it up next week. I have to have the kitchen cleared out by next Monday. I will be busy all week with that.

2. Jan 25, 2015 at 4:19 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Mornin' Tom :wave:

Happy Birthday Zach ... Hope you find something fun. :cool:

3. Jan 25, 2015 at 4:22 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    Thanks!:D

Doing good. he is done helping my cousin build his house. he did some of the flooring, put base board up, hung some of the doors, put trim around doors. crown molding up some sheet rock work/painting and some other stuff.

My cousin for the most part did not pay a contractor for build it all. My dad has done all that type of work before so he know what he was doing.

he own a concrete pumping company and had a lot of the guys that usually do that helping build the house. They should be moving everything in this week.

4. Jan 25, 2015 at 4:32 AM
    Devious6

Devious6 Not your Average College President Emeritus

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northeast Pennsyltuckyvania
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Morning all!! Zach, you'll find that many of us old geezers are up well before 6...I'm lucky to sleep past 5 any more.

Going to be windy and cold today - another snow storm coming in tonight through tomorrow. A great way to start the first day of classes at the college!! I'll go in today to speak at orientation - the Pres gets to pontificate.

Happy Birthday, Zach!! Enjoy every one you have!!

5. Jan 25, 2015 at 4:37 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Shtuff
    Mornin' 6. :wave:

How did your Russian themed shoot go?

Keep it to a reasonable length Sir, nobody likes to be over-pontificated. ;)

Stay safe, and warm, out there. :)

6. Jan 25, 2015 at 4:41 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    hahahaha. i figured just messing with you guys.:p
    Thanks. who knows what i’ll do. maybe in school may not go i don’t know

I started welding school jan 5th. it’s 4 days a week 4pm to 10pm but my so call”teacher” yes i’m using that term lightly as posable!! is a huge jerk and not really a teacher at all and now is singling me out on stuff.

list of some of the things he has done or said.

-puts in a safety video and talks during 90% of it about something not even related to the video so you can’t hear the video that you will have a test about.
    - tries to give you a test on stuff you have not gone over. with over half the students that have never done anything welding and don’t know much at all if any about welding.
    -go on and on about how he can’t teach the class the way he wants too.
    -Tell us that if he ever challenge him in anyway or ask a question that he thinks is stupid we will regret it. he will tell us we are doing good even if we are not and wont care about our grade.

this one is kinda confusing...
    -last week we only had class 3 nights because of MLK. he ask’s the class of 7 kids who can answer a math question. he said whats "6.5hrs but how many hours are in 3 days” he should have said whats 6.5hours “x” 3. one kid was kinda confused and said 72hours. than said another answer that was wrong. I said it was 19.5hours witch is correct. Apparently i made him mad or something(again that same night for what ever reason i still don’t know) he said he was not talking to me and blah blah blah only wants one person to ever answer his questions. he also never singled someone out to ask the question or answer it. just who in the class can give me the answer.

he also tells us to look something up or we will be going over something. tells us that none of us can have the same answer.

he can’t even plain out the class for that day or the next. says we will do something and we don’t.

I have complained a few times and i don’t feel they are doing anything about it, or they talked to him and somehow he knows it was me and he is mad at me and trying to take it out on me. Almost just want to drop out of the class.

7. Jan 25, 2015 at 4:48 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    Thanks! yeah i try. i’ll be 23 so nothing will really change. 2 more years and my insurance will go down so thats a plus. lol

I don’t think it is to bad as is. knock on wood I have never been in any kind of wreck or accident other than just fish tailing and doing a 180 off the road. but the grass was level with the road service so only thing that happened was the truck got muddy. could have been pretty bad, but as soon as i was going backwards i just put the pedal to the floor and was able to come to a stop. if i would not have done that i would have hit a telephone pole and a bunch of trees. so i have never had to make a claim of any kind. I don’t have any tickets of any kind either so that also helps keep it down.

I’m doing 100X better than both my brothers at my age. they both had a few tickets and wrecks.

8. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:28 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    WTF Really???
    Follow us OLD FARTS for a day and you'll end up In a corner suckin your thumb.
    Young punks like you need a good whooping..

And on that note...

Good morning :smack:

Hehehehe

9. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:30 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Shtuff
    :rofl: Nice character building there Mike. :thumbsup:

:laughing:

10. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:36 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    yeah. I think he is so bad that it’s hurting me from learning. I know i’m not going like everyone in life or have to deal with jerks at times. but this guy is just crazy.

It sucks because i got a little it from the lottery to help pay for school. if i drop i won’t have that help if i try and get back in.

long/confusing story short... it’s thru a collage that has like 15 maybe 20 locations across he state. they had a long waiting list so they got with some high school they have a relationship with and are doing night classes. It’s the 1st time they have ever done anything like this and they said it’s a trial thing, they tried to have like 15 kids in the class but with me there is only 8, was 9 but a student transferred the 1st week because of the teacher, well all other classes are full so i can’t transfer any where.

I have also though about seeing where i could post online about this teacher so that people will know what kinda teacher he is in the future. I don’t think he should be teaching people who don’t know anything about welding.

he also likes to brag about him self and make him self seam better than everyone els.

says stuff like no one els could come in and teach us as much as he can. complains about how bad other teacher/ instructors in the area are and how they suck. I have heard a few rummers around here that when he was taking the class to become an instructor he complained about the tools they had and how bad they where. also that even in the welding field he has a hard time keeping a job and is not even a good welder.

he also tells us how he is getting calls daily to come do welding jobs that i’m sure pay at least 2x as much as what he is making working part time teaching us. Complains he can’t get a day time welding job around town because they all want him to work till 5pm or later and how he not making enough money and blah blah blah.

11. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:36 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH...... HEHEHEHEE

12. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:38 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    :rofl::rofl: I was waiting for one of you to make a reply kinda like this. :D

13. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:39 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
  14. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:41 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    any of you guys working on the trucks today?

need to do an oil change, new wipers and check the ground connections. My truck has been shocking me quite a bit lately when i get out and shut the door. more often than i think it should be happening also sometimes it really fucking hurts and will kinda make my hand and or arm tinkly feeling.

15. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:41 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    I'm glad I did not disappoint you. I feel uplifted that I can help guide and direct you to a better path....

16. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:43 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    bahahahaahha.:D:cool:

17. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:45 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    If it's real dry Zack this will happen.
    You can put a ground strap on it and have it touch to the ground when you stop. We use to do this years ago. It is very annoying and with all the electronics a very very slight chance of an issue ?????? :notsure:

18. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:54 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    happens if it’s dry or raining... lol

I’m going to check the ground on the battery, at the battery and at the body and see if they are lose or corroded or anything. If i don’t find any thing there i’ll see where els i can look. than again it may just be me getting in and out or slightly moving around inside. not 100% sure yet.

than like another TN member said i could be getting super powers.

19. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:55 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Happy birthday Zach.

Enjoy yourself and forget about everything for a while.

Always good to see you stop by...:D

20. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:58 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Super Powers ???

mmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe we can talk about that. Remember that guidance I was talking about??

Roflmao.. I got to go clean up the yard to get ready for the blizzard coming Tuesday. Later Good people...

Products Discussed in

To Top