1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jun 8, 2015 at 5:14 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    Mike, looks like a bountiful weekend!

We finished sowing grass seed, I did some mortar patching, and we actually washed our vehicles for the first time since winter ended. :anonymous: Those rubber floor liners have one interesting side effect - they constantly remind you just how dirty your truck really is!

2. Jun 8, 2015 at 8:35 AM
    4.0 TEQ

4.0 TEQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    :thumbsup:

3. Jun 8, 2015 at 8:58 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Morning all:
    Looks like a nice bass Mike. :thumbsup:
    We picked up two walleyes last night, not great but better than nothing.

4. Jun 9, 2015 at 3:45 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Forgot to post the pic of my spring recon.
    Won't last a day with all the pollen but at least it has fresh wax now.image.jpg

4.0 TEQ likes this.
  5. Jun 10, 2015 at 4:20 AM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Morning all:
    You had to remind me, I also need to wax the Tacoma. I like to get one coat on a yr.
    Pollen is bad here also!

6. Jun 10, 2015 at 4:54 AM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Morning all, Just got back from vacation on Saturday and catching up on everything. Went to Scotland and Ireland. Plenty of goooood Pub Grub and Guiness:thumbsup:. Picked up a rental car in Dublin and drove the Southern route along the coast to Galway. Anyone who has driven in Ireland knows the roads aren't like here in the states and driving on the left is sure different. The missus spent most of the time riding with her hands over her eyes. She nicknamed me speed racer:). 20150529_124418.jpg 20150601_203047.jpg Pictures are one road we drove through the mountain pass on the ring of Beara. The other was the best beef Irish Stew I had the whole trip.

After reading the posts about retirement and savings etc., I am glad the missus still wants to work. She is the saver and every time she would get a raise it went right into her 403. I just hope our nest egg is big enough to last.

Will post up more pictures later.

MQQSE and 4.0 TEQ like this.
  7. Jun 10, 2015 at 6:19 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Mike: Nice pic of the Tacoma and a keeper fish, DINNER!

Welcome back Ken. We head out to the Southwest states next Tuesday. My son wants to see a lot of places where Breaking Bad was filmed in Albuquerque. I am looking forward to driving in Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico.

8. Jun 10, 2015 at 6:56 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    Mike, truck looks great! Too bad its a DC :boink::devil:

Ken I don't know which picture made me :drool: more - the road or the food!

Tom, sounds like a great trip. Seeing more of the states is definitely on my list.

Might happen sooner rather than later; my efforts to move to part time at work have hit a hiccup, and the consulting firm that was so hot for me has had a 'change of situation' so they say. Anyway the options are starting to dwindle. If things keep going like this I'm going to pack it in for now and worry about finding part time work later.

9. Jun 10, 2015 at 7:14 AM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Welcome back Ken!
    HUMM; never tried the Irish stew when I was there, looks good. :drool:
    Where did you go in Scotland? From what I saw when I was stationed there, they are both beautiful countries, especially the rural areas.

10. Jun 10, 2015 at 8:08 AM
    NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR
    Frontier Restaurant on Central is a must stop to eat. Are you coming in from the North on I25 or East on I40 ?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  11. Jun 10, 2015 at 3:05 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Yea my truck is two tone mag gray and yellow after one day.

12. Jun 10, 2015 at 3:11 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Welcome back Ken.
    You were only a few hours away from my BIL. He lives in the northern part of England.
    Trying driving a right hand drive around here. That's messed up. At least you know to keep the center line on your door over there..

13. Jun 10, 2015 at 3:14 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Dissing my DC AAAAAHHHHHH ???????
    Just for that take Maine off your list of seeing.....

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

14. Jun 10, 2015 at 4:09 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :yawn: so sleepy.... :woot: for vacations and for plans not working as we want.... "when one door closes, another one opens" :D and :hungry: for yummy food :anonymous:

15. Jun 10, 2015 at 6:02 PM
    Devious6

Devious6 Not your Average College President Emeritus

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northeast Pennsyltuckyvania
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Thought I posted this the other day...and it is gone. Maybe I didn't hit the Post Reply button - it was in the morning before I had my second cup of coffee.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some relatively nice weather without the storms of several weeks ago. We are still getting hit with rain showers here which is holding up getting the new pool dug. Hopefully, next week.

Took Lynn out on our range with her 1st concealed carry weapon - a Ruger LCP - 380. We spent some time familiarizing her with it and basic safety issues. The she shot about 6 magazines through the pistol - focusing on getting rounds in the black of a silhouette. She did pretty well!

[​IMG]

MQQSE likes this.
  16. Jun 11, 2015 at 6:19 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Very nice.
    Keep putting rounds through that baby.

17. Jun 11, 2015 at 6:43 PM
    cheech1

cheech1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kaneohe, HI
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road
    OK, yesterday I had a senior moment. Decided it was oil change day. Drained oil & changed oil filter. Go to closet to get new oil. WTF???? NO OIL!!!

I forgot that I had used up the last case of Mobil 1 on my son's car. NAPA was already closed, and I didn't feel like paying $8.99/qt, so I used Mobil 1 0w40 European Formula which is what I use in my BMW. Initially the plan was to run the 0w40 only temporarily, but I am wondering if it is okay to use it until the next oil change?

What do you old wise ones think? I posted in this section, cause I know that if I posted elsewhere I'd get all kinds of opinions that my engine is toast.

2008 Access Cab, V-6 Off Road.

18. Jun 11, 2015 at 6:52 PM
    4.0 TEQ

4.0 TEQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Take it out and save it for the BMW.. I would leave the filter but that motor will cost alot more then a few qt.s of oil.. JMHO

19. Jun 11, 2015 at 7:24 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    I am never one to be playing with synthetic etc.
    I'm a Dino man. Calls for 5/30 Dino and that's what goes in.
    Especially a lot of short trips. Like my vehicles. I put lots of short milage on them. I change them every like 2,500 miles. I should change more cause I can smell fuel vapor. Synthetic would be a waste for me. Couldn't use the so called extended use of it.
    Myself the oil you have could be an issue. 0 is like water. I would be replacing it with the proper weight at least.

Oh. Senior moments...".../:;"'}>{}*^>~}{%*{>}~>}}*^

20. Jun 11, 2015 at 7:40 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    My son convinced me to switch to synthetic.... But I usually change every 2500 - 3000 miles. don't drive that much, except for my yearly road trip. Change oil before I leave here, change before coming back and then @ 6 month mark

Products Discussed in

To Top