1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jul 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Was upstate this weekend and ended up taking the Grandkids to Knobles amusement park on Saturday. Old time park. No entrance fee:thumbsup:. You only use tickets for the rides you want to go on:D. Some entertainment venues as well as food stands. Had a good time:woot:. When we were leaving, I noticed the odometer on the Tacoma hit 59,000 miles and it's 8 years old. I need to drive it more. Hope everyone stayed cool today. It was a scorcher.20150718_184805_resized.jpg

2. Jul 20, 2015 at 6:33 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :laughing:

Road trip time :burnrubber:

3. Jul 21, 2015 at 4:12 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    Knobles! I've been past it but never visited. I actually got some work done outside yesterday, light duty though. I also fixed a bathtub drain. First day of my semi-retirement, and I spent it on honey-dos. :rolleyes:

4. Jul 21, 2015 at 4:48 AM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    You need to take it easy Dave. The Honey-dos will be there tomorrow. Don't want to rush into things:D.

Knobles is a great park for the younger kids and a helluva lot cheaper than the bigger parks (Six Flags, Hershey, etc.) Always enjoy going there with the Grand kiddos.

5. Jul 21, 2015 at 4:54 AM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup: :yes::burnrubber:...Hi Susan :wave:...I need a road trip! Retirement is getting boorrrrriiinnggg:D

6. Jul 21, 2015 at 4:57 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Really??????
    First day of retirement and your working ??????
    :annoyed::facepalm::smack::smack::smack:

I would have stood on my front lawn and done this
    :brianr::brianr::brianr::brianr:

Heheheh just kidding.
    The best thing is you do it at YOUR OWN PACE...
    ENJOY IT SIR.

7. Jul 21, 2015 at 8:18 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Morning all:
    That list will get longer; trust me!
    I could probably find months of work to do if I really wanted to, but for now it's just the necessities, and it seems like there's a lot of necessities!
    And as Mike stated, I do it at my own pace, which is usually :turtleride: .
    I keep eyeballing a small shed that should be painted, it will be added to the list shortly, plus I should replace the roof on it. :facepalm:

8. Jul 22, 2015 at 5:19 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    I'll tell ya.
    I'll never buy another Abu Garcia rod again.
    I have bought 2 in my life and they were both crap.
    I went last night to get a longer stronger bait casting rod as I'm yanking out fish in real deep cover.
    I ended buying a combo.
    Loaded it up and went out back to set it up.
    In three casts I blew out the top two eyelets and shredded my spiderwire. Took me 20 min to find my
    Frog in the back yard as the trajectory was way off as it left the broken line.
    The real bad thing is it felt real good.....
    I know cabela's has AG in their brand too but I know they have others so I'm off today to see what they have. Walmart is not the place to go anymore.
    It's to bad everything is made in China.
    I have a rod that is 20 years old and ran over it, beat on it, left it out in the rain, lost it, found it, and it's still 10 times the road this thing was. And I bought it at a pharmacy.
    OK MORNING RANT OVER.

Don5352 likes this.
  9. Jul 22, 2015 at 5:54 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    I agree FWIW ... it's truly a shame the number of brand names I grew up with that have sold out and now made in China ... Hafta check thoroughly on everything. :frusty:

Sorry to tag onto your rant ... Guess it touched a nerve. :notsure:

Otherwise, Good Morning All! :wave:

10. Jul 22, 2015 at 6:04 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Morning all:
    Mike; that post brings something to mind.
    Years ago I bought a really nice Abu Garcia spinning rod, it felt really good and I thought I would be able to cast well with it.
    When I rigged it up and went to use it I couldn't get the lures anywhere near where I wanted them to be.
    I took the reel off and sold the pole.

The last two rods I bought are 7' BIONIC Blades from Bass Pro Shop (on sale of course) :). I like them, but you may not.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  11. Jul 22, 2015 at 8:18 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Ahhh feel so much better. Found a quantum 6.6 med heavy action rod. On sale as well as new 30 pound spider wire. Cast real good for a backbone rod. Using this to yank out of the weeds. Can't beat 35 bucks for both.WP_20150722_10_43_40_Pro.jpg

Actually I think all my big rods are Quantums

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    MQQSE likes this.
  12. Jul 23, 2015 at 9:59 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    I need to replace the door and frame for the door from the laundry room to the garage. I tried replacing the hinges today and it did not fix the alignment problem. Door is 61 years old and just worn out as is the frame. The hinge screws no longer stay tight in the frame or the door. I am pretty sure that the enclosure for the frame, there must be a carpenter term for this, will need to be replaced and that of course leads to drywall and painting.

13. Jul 23, 2015 at 12:20 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    You can get a framed door and then if you remove the casing carefully you may be surprised. Good news is it's an inside door. No need to worry about weather.
    Came back from fishing around 1pm with every intention of painting my repaired door. Some ol black clouds formed and dumped on that project. Got the boat inside just in time. So we wait for another day.

14. Jul 23, 2015 at 6:33 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Mike: It is the door from the laundry room to the garage. Tomorrow I am going to use a 3/8 in drill and drill out the screw holes and glue a 3/8 in wooden dowel on the hole. The top hinge mounting holes are so worn that even when filled with a matchstick I cannot draw the hinge screws up tight and solid.

This is a solid core door so it is stronger than the normal interior doors.

15. Jul 23, 2015 at 6:44 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Mm I just hope the back part of the frame is ok.
    IMO I would do only one at a time and use the other hinge as a alignment setting. Help you get the new screws drilled in the exact location. I wish you well. Quick set epoxy ???

16. Jul 23, 2015 at 7:03 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Plan on using Gorilla Glue and let cure for 24 hours.

17. Jul 23, 2015 at 7:46 PM
    4.0 TEQ

4.0 TEQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    glue & wood tees. drive em in with a hammer
    [​IMG]

Don5352 likes this.
  18. Jul 23, 2015 at 7:56 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Did some research and the best fix and longest lasting is the wooden dowel fix. After glue sets up drill a pilot hole in the dowel for the screw.

19. Jul 23, 2015 at 7:58 PM
    4.0 TEQ

4.0 TEQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    I did 40 years of research myself.. Im too lazy to drill it out.

20. Jul 24, 2015 at 3:56 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    GG is great. Helps fill in all the gaps

Products Discussed in

To Top