1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Dec 6, 2015 at 2:47 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Con is making fish "Chowda" as I type, Cats from today, Tilapia from earlier catch this week and clams purchased today......;)

I moved the "Girl" outta New England BUT "Chowda" stays on the menu....:thumbsup:

Now you know better than to ask an "Irishman" to trip on a Sunday, LL Beans on my feet and 90 w in the blood stream :cool: ....not gonna happen :p[/QUOTE]

2. Dec 6, 2015 at 2:52 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :rant: any of you guys know what could be wrong with a washer if it's leaking underneath it? :pout:

3. Dec 6, 2015 at 3:00 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Cracked hose. Loose connector. Tank seals...

4. Dec 6, 2015 at 4:52 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    $560 lighter but the furnace don't leak and I can control the temp again.

WP_20151205_002.jpg

MQQSE likes this.
  5. Dec 6, 2015 at 6:03 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Evening all:
    Darn Mike, that sure looks like some nice solder connections. Mine sure don't look like that, but the bottom line is that they don't leak.

MQQSE likes this.
  6. Dec 7, 2015 at 6:26 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    Nice! That's the way we went too. I start it up, plug it in, flip some switches in the breaker, done. I don't run the clothes dryer or oven but everything else is handled. Saved about $10K over the cost of one of those automatic Generac-style units. I'll pour some gas in a tank for a long time to save that kind of money!
    Ya well they work after hurricanes too. :p In fact it was a summertime power outage that finally pushed over the edge to get one. On the other hand the gutter heaters I installed over the weekend are strictly snow belt.

7. Dec 7, 2015 at 6:26 AM
    wdb

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    Nice! That's the way we went too. I start it up, plug it in, flip some switches in the breaker, done. I don't run the clothes dryer or oven but everything else is handled. Saved about $10K over the cost of one of those automatic Generac-style units. I'll pour some gas in a tank for a long time to save that kind of money!
    Ya well they work after hurricanes too. :p In fact it was a summertime power outage that finally pushed over the edge to get one. On the other hand the gutter heaters I installed over the weekend are strictly snow belt.

8. Dec 7, 2015 at 6:27 AM
    wdb

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Well waddaya know - I had the infamous double post event happen. @tcBob this one is fresh! The first time I hit "Post Reply" nothing happened. The second time the page updated - with two copies of my post.

tcBob likes this.
  9. Dec 7, 2015 at 6:35 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Working on the issue :thumbsup:

MQQSE likes this.
  10. Dec 7, 2015 at 6:42 AM
    wdb

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    udaman, man! :cool:

MQQSE likes this.
  11. Dec 7, 2015 at 4:23 PM
    NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR
    Do you pay for house calls ? Water inlet and pump discharge are two places to start looking, loose clamp or leaking gasket.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  12. Dec 7, 2015 at 4:26 PM
    NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR
    Merry Christmas everybody. My political incorrect statement for the season.

Jim if you see this do what I did. Start a new account under a different username.

13. Dec 7, 2015 at 4:43 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Yup I do.... not sure it's worth having someone come look at it... bought the machine Mar/Apr/May of 97

14. Dec 7, 2015 at 4:48 PM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Ever wonder why none of the people running for President will say how many troops they will deploy in the Mideast to fight ISIS if elected? This includes republicans and democrats. I am so sick of their BS. They can talk all they want to and it is all fun and games until the bodies start to come home in a bag.

With the exception of Graham and Webb none have military experience.

15. Dec 7, 2015 at 4:57 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    DO not want Graham as president, military experience or not. Yeah, I wonder what will happen over the next months / years.

16. Dec 8, 2015 at 1:45 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Hmmm ... Sounds like time for a new machine. :notsure: I say this because you may be at the point were you fix one thing, and a week or month later it's something else. 18 years is a pretty good run for a washing machine. IMHO

17. Dec 8, 2015 at 9:39 AM
    wdb

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    I agree - time for a new one.

Speaking of new washers, we bought one earlier this year ourselves. While we were out shopping we ran into a friend of my wife, a gal with a family and a couple of kids. They were shopping for washing machines too. She said she and her husband get about 5 years out of a washing machine! I must be spoiled by the old Maytag we were replacing - it has to be 20 years old. We were looking at Samsungs and so on at the time, high tech front loaders. I immediately sat down in front of the computer and did some research. Turns out that front loaders have all sorts of mold/mildew issues because they never really drain completely. And the fancy electronic gadgetry on some machines has a bad rep for longevity. So we bought Speed Queen; top load, old school machines, simple controls, not a lot of frills, but they last an age -- or so we hope.

18. Dec 8, 2015 at 12:01 PM
    billybob50

billybob50 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    05 Basic Gold Tacoma Automatic
    Dog friendly, with dog snot on inside windows, with of course a/c! Mag 16 inch wheels from a Mazda.
    Manufactures have gotten it down to a science, as to how long they want an appliance to last. Weather it's a car, phone, TV, close washer, anything man made. They want to keep, their workers happy, factories running, garbage men happy and to keep you coming back to the store to make more money off of you. Everyone is happy with the exception of the buyer and mother earth. It's a greedy world, you look at China and the pollution, we were like that 150 years ago, manufacturing stuff! It's going to take the government to demand the appliances to have a longer life than 8 to 12 years. As far as the front loader close washer growing mold, the manufactures has an answer. They have a special high dollar detergent that you run through the washer every 3 to 4 weeks. Other option just leave the door open a crack so it'll dry out! It's a greedy world we live in!

DrStrangelove060Pyxurz1.jpg

19. Dec 8, 2015 at 1:35 PM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    First washing machine in my married life we bought used (fella said it was 3 years old) and it lasted us 15 years. Second one was still working and left it in the house when we sold it and it was 14 years old. This one, I hope I don't jinx it is going on 14 years and keep telling the missus not to overload it so we can get a few more years out of it. Friends bought the front load washer and dryer (don't know off hand what make) and they have had nothing but problems with both.

On another note, got a call from the dealers and my new frame is in. Putting it in Monday for the swap. Keeping my fingers crossed.

95SLE and MQQSE like this.
  20. Dec 9, 2015 at 2:24 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Morning all:
    :woot:on the new frame Ken!

Darn computer! Yesterday it wouldn't let me into e-mails, and said to re-enter the password etc., after doing that and then shutting it off, I couldn't log in all day, it said incorrect password. This morning I typed in the password for the e-mail to log in and got incorrect password, then typed in the password to log in and it worked! :der: :crazy::notsure:!

Seeing deer, but can't get them in the scope. I'm hunting thick stuff and seeing tails, no snow and way too warm, it will be no fun dragging it out if I do manage to get one.

Went up to a buddies house last night to set up a handheld GPS for him. He only got a doe so far, and only damaged the parking light on his truck! :facepalm:I told him that when he saw it crossing he probably stepped on the gas! ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top