1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Mar 29, 2017 at 1:09 PM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    At first I didn't like the sand color, but it's growing on me. Good luck with the new Tacoma.

The kids moved out, The cat died and we are empty nester's and love it:woot:. Maybe someday when we're not traveling as much, we will get companion.

:eek: TICS :eek:. When we come back down from our place upstate, I feel like a monkey with the wife picking through my hair:eek::D looking for tics. Take care Carl.

2. Mar 29, 2017 at 1:21 PM
    Don5352

Don5352 Liberty or Death

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 AC TRD OR
    Some really cool shit
    Hair seems little bushy to be a Lab/GSP mix. But, who knows. His sleep position looks exactly like my GSP sleeps, though. Should be a great combo. Hunting? Lots of quail up your way.

Back legs up by her nose.

16177832_1487833414575129_2818761245092838607_o.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  3. Mar 29, 2017 at 5:51 PM
    Holeshot

Holeshot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    15 Doublecab TRD Off Road 4 X 4
    Looks like my son's GSP. He chews up everything including cable tv wires, wires to central ac unit, boat trailer wires and loves to dig.

He started pointing the backyard chickens when he as very small but has now eliminated them.

On a positive note he seems to have eliminated the ground moles which he proudly deposits on the back doorstep.

boatswain likes this.
  4. Mar 30, 2017 at 10:33 AM
    hikerduane

hikerduane Stove & lantern collector, retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Meadow Valley, Jefferson USA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Blazing Blue Pearl TRD Sport AC V6 manual, tow pkg
    RCI sliders fuel tank skid plate, Softopper, tailgate insert
    I would have liked to have seen the parents, wondering if GSH should have been German Shepherd? Hard to get his hair wet the other day and on his back seems more coarse. Black nose, hmm. He launches off my deck, not afraid, done that twice now, inquisitive, but wants to stay at my feet quite a bit, drags my heavy boots to the woodstove and gnaws them there. My entrant for those dogs that jump into the water after a ball. Did not like the leash yesterday, so only had the choke chain on less than 10 minutes, hope to get a harness on Friday, more time today, gradual process.
    Get my taxes done tomorrow, post retirement/sale of mom's place return. Hopefully only pay a little, mom had the place in three names, so a third was hers, any gain I should only have to pay 1/6.
    Duane
    Have not hunted in years, sold my shotgun years ago to pay the well driller and plumber. Not many deer around, does in my yard.

5. Apr 3, 2017 at 3:43 AM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
  6. Apr 3, 2017 at 5:05 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Morning all:
    :facepalm:The more I do the more that needs to be done! :annoyed:
    Glass broke in the freestanding coal stove, that could be a PIB to replace. Frig. is on its last legs and the one I was thinking about replacing it with is on sale.
    Frig. lasted 30 years and is still working, so can't complain, stove has been used hard, so can't complain about that either.
    Certainly don't want the frig. to quit when the freezers full of walleyes! :( :laughing:
    Need to get the Chevy truck inspected, change oil in the Z-turn, put pole holders on the boat, downriggers on the boat, mount the jet, wash the patio floor, wash and wax the Tacoma, wash the Chevy truck, replace the air filter in the Tacoma, modify a headlamp to a red light when it arrives, and a few other things! :annoyed: Need to get this stuff done, well at least some of it, trout season opens in two weeks and turkey and walleye in a month :), by then it will be time to start mowing! :(
    Small shed roof should also be replaced, will get to that when I have time!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
    Don't have anything to do when on pension----:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:, could have fooled me!

7. Apr 3, 2017 at 3:33 PM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    How did we do it when we were still working Carl:confused:. I just got my taxes done and owe Federal and State:eek::mad::(.

8. Apr 3, 2017 at 3:57 PM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Evening all:
    :woot: At least something went right! Seven little screws with tabs to hold the glass in the door of the stove, lots of kroil, heat, and about an hour of tapping on the top of a phillips head screwdriver, and they all came out. Picked up the glass and a new gasket earlier, 12 1/4 x 10 1/4" pc of glass cost $79 + Pa tax---$83.74 o_O, guess it could have been worse!
    Stopped to get the Chevy truck inspected, he didn't have any new inspection stickers, need to go back later this week! :annoyed:
    Thought of something today, we can get $35 for the old frig. from our power company and they will come and pick it up. It must be able to run, and mine is still running. :) The one I want is on sale, and I will get $35 for the old one plus don't have to worry about getting rid of it. :woot:

Holeshot likes this.
  9. Apr 3, 2017 at 4:12 PM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    That's OK Ken, that means you didn't overpay. I have too much taken out and usually get refunds, only because I over paid. I actually should cut back on what I have withheld, but then I have to start worrying about if I have to pay quarterly if I make some extra income.

ImpulseRed008 likes this.
  10. Apr 3, 2017 at 4:24 PM
    Holeshot

Holeshot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    15 Doublecab TRD Off Road 4 X 4
    I love it when a plan comes together. A Team!

11. Apr 3, 2017 at 5:39 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :popcorn: so what fridge you gonna get Carl? Better get busy on those chores.... :D

:wave: evening boys

12. Apr 3, 2017 at 7:13 PM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Evening Sue: :wave:
    Nothing fancy; fridge I have is a Whirlpool, so since it lasted 30 yrs. figure I would buy another Whirlpool. One I will buy is #WRT311FZDT, same size as the one I have. Also has a reversible door which I will probably need to switch so it opens R to L, can only hope the new one is as good as the old one.

13. Apr 4, 2017 at 6:48 AM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    Hi Carl, Glad the door glass worked out good. Be hell to pay next heating season if it wasn't taken care of now. We just replaced our second frig (beer holder in the garage) with one we bought at Lowes. They charged $15 to take the old one. I don't think PECO has a program like PP&L. I'd jump on that deal. :thumbsup:

We're going to have some extra taken out of the wifes Social security and hope we balance out next year.

Morning Miss Susan:hattip::wave:

ImpulseRed008[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Apr 4, 2017 at 10:32 AM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Afternoon all:
    Just got back from looking at refrigerators. Stopped at a local appliance store, and ended up walking out on the owner!
    First a lady came to assist me and all was well, then the owner barged in. I told him the opening that I had and what size I was looking for, he started saying that the measurements provided in the description of the refrigerator were wrong and a bunch of other stuff about the size that didn't make much sense, also that it was no longer available in the color I wanted, and you weren't going to tell him anything different! Then the girl came back with the # I had given her and said there were 4 of that color available, but by that time I had had it with him and said I would drive to Allentown and buy one. As I was leaving, he said what if you need to get it repaired, and I said I will just throw it out and buy another one, I can afford it, end of conversation as I walked out the door.
    Hey BOSS, I have an opening that's 33" wide and app. 67" high, the current frig. I have is 32 3/4" wide (listed as 33") and 65 3/4" tall, what's so hard about figuring out if it will fit in the opening, a tape measure will figure that out real fast! :annoyed:

ImpulseRed008 and Holeshot like this.
  15. Apr 4, 2017 at 10:40 AM
    TACOVRD

TACOVRD I Identify As A Prius

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP - Formerly 2013 DCSB OR Spruce Mica
    Workin' on it....
    Adorable!

16. Apr 4, 2017 at 1:45 PM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
  17. Apr 4, 2017 at 4:52 PM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Evening all:
    Yes, should have one Dave, found out today that my buddy has one I could have borrowed. Oh well, the old way got it done, just took a whole lot longer!

18. Apr 4, 2017 at 6:58 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :wave: evening Carl

:thumbsup: I think the same thing about my new washer/dryer - how long will it last? Fridge is 15 yo and still going good.... hope it stays that way.

:wave: evening Ken. Hope you get the taxes worked out

:facepalm: :annoyed: Have to wonder what folks are thinking :rolleyes:

19. Apr 9, 2017 at 11:39 AM
    hikerduane

hikerduane Stove & lantern collector, retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Meadow Valley, Jefferson USA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Blazing Blue Pearl TRD Sport AC V6 manual, tow pkg
    RCI sliders fuel tank skid plate, Softopper, tailgate insert
    Changed the engine oil myself for the second time, MN dealer did it for me in September when I was back there, truck has 18000 on it now. Had to use a pipe wrench to get the 16s filter housing loosened, dealer had it pretty tight. If not aware, they use a element on the 16s instead of a full on metal encased filter. Once again, had oil run down my arm and did not use that plastic part that let's you drain oil out of the housing before removing the filter. Never had this happen until this truck. Pita, forgot I had to remove the skid plate too to access the drain plug and filter. Not fun laying on the garage floor on my back.
    Pup is up to 15 pounds now, got his first shot Friday. Couple inches of snow yesterday, pup just loved it. Dogs seem to all enjoy playing in it.
    Duane

ImpulseRed008 and Holeshot like this.
  20. Apr 10, 2017 at 2:45 AM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    Morning all :hattip:. Gave up changing my own oil for just those reasons Duane. Plus now you have to pay an environmental impact fee to dump your oil. I take it to the dealer and with a coupon it's $43.59. And I don't have to crawl around on the garage floor. Glad to hear Repo is doing good. He'll make a good hiking companion. Have a good Monday all.

Products Discussed in

To Top