1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

7/17/21 Meetup at AOAA

Discussion in 'North East' started by hyrule_trd, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Jul 8, 2021 at 10:46 AM
    hyrule_trd

hyrule_trd [OP] It’s a Secret to Everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Ironman Stage 1 Foam Cell Pro lift kit, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx, SCS BR6 Wheels, SPC UCA, Heated seats, MESO TRD start button, Meso Total Tail v1, Meso V5 mirror white DRL turns, bed decal, ditch and hidden bumper lights, screen protech, RAV4 radio knobs, steering wheel anytime camera kit, dash cam, ECGS bushing, Timbren Active Off Road bump stops with Wheelers flip kit. 35% Xpel CS Ceramic Tint, KD Max Tune, SumoSprings front bump stops, RRW Sliders ‌ ‌ ▲ ▲‌ ▲
    A few of us in the MD thread are going to head up to AOAA on 7/17 and wanted to invite anyone else interested in going. I’m not running this meetup, just posting it. Feel free to plan anyway you want. We might meet up before we get there or even convoy from MD or another location.
    Let’s see if I get everyone that I know of so far that’s trying to attend, @Scrovak @crazyfingers @RobP62 (he is not really joining us we just need to tag him several time here) @beorn the fat @An3 @y=mx+b
    I think most of those I tagged and I are planning on green trails. I’m looking forward to meeting some of you there.

Members going
    @hyrule_trd
    @Scrovak
    @beorn the fat
    @An3
    @crazyfingers
    @y=mx+b
    @Ygirma

Members maybe going
    @RobP62
    @rnish
    @2ndhandTacoman
    @TwoStickTrick
    @VXEric

Let me know if there is anyone else!

QUOTE="Scrovak, post: 25955142, member: 313226"]
    Plan so far looks to be meeting at 7:30am at the Shrewsbury Starbucks, located at (14605 Mount Airy Rd, Shrewsbury, PA 17361).

Grab coffees, shake hands and compare trucks, then head to AOAA located at (4100 PA-125, Coal Township, PA 17866)with an arrival time of 0930.

Anyone I'm missing, and any ideas for dinner/beers after?[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  2. Jul 8, 2021 at 11:08 AM
    Scrovak

Scrovak Ask me about TacoBomba's tonneau cover

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Taco TRD Offroad
    If it helps @RobP62 we could always hit up the King Prussia mall on the way home <3

3. Jul 8, 2021 at 12:13 PM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    I'm not going because, no pink trails.

MALL!? :spy:

4. Jul 9, 2021 at 6:31 AM
    Scrovak

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Depending where everyone is coming from in Maryland, we could possibly meet up in either the Towson area or the northern portion of 83? And is anyone interested in grabbing a bite afterward?

hyrule_trd[OP] likes this.
  5. Jul 9, 2021 at 6:56 AM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Ironman Stage 1 Foam Cell Pro lift kit, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx, SCS BR6 Wheels, SPC UCA, Heated seats, MESO TRD start button, Meso Total Tail v1, Meso V5 mirror white DRL turns, bed decal, ditch and hidden bumper lights, screen protech, RAV4 radio knobs, steering wheel anytime camera kit, dash cam, ECGS bushing, Timbren Active Off Road bump stops with Wheelers flip kit. 35% Xpel CS Ceramic Tint, KD Max Tune, SumoSprings front bump stops, RRW Sliders ‌ ‌ ▲ ▲‌ ▲
    That sounds like a pretty good plan. If Towson does not work, maybe the Mt Carmel park and ride could be another good choice.
    Mt. Carmel Rd Park & Ride
    https://goo.gl/maps/JstnJsYb7ZrmoTZZA

beorn the fat and Scrovak like this.
  6. Jul 9, 2021 at 7:00 AM
    Scrovak

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Looks like a winner to me! I don't want to pick somewhere to eat just yet, in case we get PA people coming; they might know somewhere good up near AOAA or along the route.

hyrule_trd[OP] likes this.
  7. Jul 11, 2021 at 7:34 AM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    AOAA opens at 9AM on Saturday. What time do we think we want to get there? Then we can figure when to meet up. Anyone know if they get too busy if you’re not there at 9 or how it works there?

8. Jul 11, 2021 at 8:03 AM
    Scrovak

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Depends if we meet there or meet up before hand. If we're meeting up before-hand, I would have to leave around 6am, but if we're meeting there I could leave between 630 and 7.

For everyone attending, where do y'all live? I figure I may be the only one as far east as Elkton

9. Jul 11, 2021 at 8:53 AM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    I’m in Bel Air. Sounds like it be easier for you to meet closer to there. We could find a place closer to there and meet up too.

Scrovak[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Jul 11, 2021 at 4:07 PM
    crazyfingers

crazyfingers Soft Sweet But True

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Annapolis, MD.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road DCLB Quicksand
    TRD Pro 17' Rims With Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs Toytec 3" Boss Aluma Series With OEM HD Leafs. With A GoFast Camper
    I talked to my buddy that guided us through the park to tagalong next weekend, but unfortunately he is not available.

I’ve also reached out to two other friends that are experience with AOAA’s trails.

Pretty much all of us are on the same page as we want to stick to green trails. Has anybody that’s planning on going next weekend been to the AOAA and know the trails? Also in the case we need it does somebody have a winch on their rig? Better to have and not need then need and not have.

My experience 2 weeks ago up there is it’s real easy to take a wrong turn. In our group of eight there were three people that were stock 100% bone stock. Only one person got stuck in some mud. All we used was a strap and a shackle to pull him out..

The maps that they give you and the ones that are online for AOAA are not the best, and nobody can say when the last time they were updated.

Scrovak likes this.
  11. Jul 11, 2021 at 4:18 PM
    Scrovak

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    I have no winch, but I have a pair of shackles and a Bubba Rope

crazyfingers[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jul 11, 2021 at 4:21 PM
    crazyfingers

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Annapolis, MD.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro 17' Rims With Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs Toytec 3" Boss Aluma Series With OEM HD Leafs. With A GoFast Camper
    When a bunch of us were heading up for the jamboree two weeks ago we all met in Hunt Valley at the Weis. My brother was coming out of Darlington around Aberdeen. Not sure the way he took but he dropped in on 83 at the Shrewsbury exit. There is a Starbucks there at that exit. Thought it may help for anyone coming from out that direction To coordinate a meeting spot. I would say the earlier we get to AOAA the more trail time we will get.

It took us about three hours to get there when we went. We also did leave at noon so we did catch some traffic. There is a bunch of construction north of Harrisburg where The highway drops down to one lane for about 15 miles. I would say the earlier we leave the better.

13. Jul 11, 2021 at 4:22 PM
    crazyfingers

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Annapolis, MD.
    Vehicle:
    I got some shackles and straps myself.

14. Jul 11, 2021 at 4:35 PM
    Scrovak

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    My vote is to plan an arrival time of 0930, not the first ones there but still early. Coming from basically Delaware, I would probably meet you guys at the Shrewsbury Starbucks at 0730, gives us time to grab coffees, chat, sync radios, and roll out, arriving at AOAA around 0930.

Sound like a plan?

EDITED MEET TIME TO 0730

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    An3 likes this.
  15. Jul 11, 2021 at 4:36 PM
    Scrovak

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:

Anything for the truck?

16. Jul 11, 2021 at 4:58 PM
    beorn the fat

beorn the fat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Can we talk comms? It’s been mentioned frequently in the MD thread…GMRS? CB? Carrier Pidgeon? If a radio, does anyone have an extra hand held to fill in any gaps for others?

Scrovak likes this.
  17. Jul 11, 2021 at 4:58 PM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    I’ve got some shackles and a tow/recovery strap. Not a true recovery strap though…
    Also have a basic tire repair kit and tire inflator. I think getting there by 930 would work. I’m good to meet along 83 at any point as well. Never been there.

18. Jul 11, 2021 at 4:59 PM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Im waiting for a set to be delivered from Best Buy, GMrS/FRS combo hand helds. I can hand the extra to someone here.

Scrovak likes this.
  19. Jul 11, 2021 at 5:00 PM
    Scrovak

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Hey Eric, do you want to edit the first post with details and official "YES" list?

So far I'm tracking @An3 @crazyfingers @beorn the fat @y=mx+b

Plan so far looks to be meeting at 7:30am at the Shrewsbury Starbucks, located at (14605 Mount Airy Rd, Shrewsbury, PA 17361).

Grab coffees, shake hands and compare trucks, then head to AOAA located at (4100 PA-125, Coal Township, PA 17866)with an arrival time of 0930.

Anyone I'm missing, and any ideas for dinner/beers after?

20. Jul 11, 2021 at 5:00 PM
    Scrovak

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    I also will have an extra to hand someone.

beorn the fat likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top