1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

8 inch lift

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Usurper, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    Usurper

Usurper [OP] The Beast

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma
    8" Lift, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers, 20" Moto Metal 951 Wheels, Black leather interior, Train horn, Bull bar, 8% tint, Custom LED interior, White LED underbody kit, 1350 Planet Audio amp and 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 sub woofers.
    Some of you may remember me asking about additional lift on my truck. I was in the market for either a body lift or a spacer kit.

I went ahead and purchased a 2 inch leveling kit and increased my rear blocks. I originally had the 6 inch fabtech lift kit. It consisted of 6 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear. I purchased a 5.5 inch block for the rear and new 13.5 inch u-bolts to accommodate the increase.

The truck now has 8 inches in the front and 5.5 inches in the rear. I intend on buying a body lift now. I also plan on upgrading to 37 inch tires, previously 35, and 20 inch wheels, previously 17. In the end it will be a grand total of 11 inches of lift.

The the UCAs are stock and aren't in too much of a bind. I don't anticipate any torn boots or worn out ball joints. I was originally going to get the 3 inch spacers, but I read a lot of reviews on people having torn boots like crazy with that much.

The ride wasn't bad with the 8 inches and I had no drive shaft vibrations or modifications done to prevent any of the possible problems.

The install took about an hour and a half at a friend's performance part shop. The only trouble we came across was having enough weight to pry the UCAs down to get the parts together.

I purchased my blocks from www.jackit.com ( http://www.jackit.com/store/supercart.cgi?s=tuf_79055 )

I purchased my u-bolts from www.rockmountainsusp.com ( http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/Skyjacker_u-bolts.htm )

I purchased my leveling kit off www.ebay.com. It was from topguncustomz

I will post pictures of the setup with my old 35s tomorrow possibly.

Any comments or questions are welcomed!

-Casey

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    wow that thing must be beastly. post pics when you get a chance

3. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    Usurper

Usurper [OP] The Beast

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma
    8" Lift, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers, 20" Moto Metal 951 Wheels, Black leather interior, Train horn, Bull bar, 8% tint, Custom LED interior, White LED underbody kit, 1350 Planet Audio amp and 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 sub woofers.
    I will, buddy. By the way -- this is the truck that inspired me to modify my truck further. He has 11.5 inches of lift and 35 inch tires. My truck will ultimately be half an inch taller than his with my increased tire size. His is the newer one, not the older one.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3243487/4

4. Feb 24, 2015 at 5:57 PM
    tacomaboyd

tacomaboyd Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Northern alberta
    Vehicle:
    14 taco 6"fabtech
    6" fabtech, 17 x8.5 Fuel trophy rims, 35x 12.5 nitto trail grapplers, magnaflow catback
    Did you ever get pics? I have a 6" fabtech and I'm looking for info on how to go a bit bigger too!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top