1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

86 EGR delete?

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Blackdawg, May 14, 2011.

1. May 14, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg [OP] Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Hey everyone, i am curious as to if anyone has deleted the EGR off of their early toyota trucks. Its an 86 4x4 with the legendary 22re. But we are putting a new head on and i am wondering if anyone does this. In the Supra community it is a pretty hot topic but a lot of people get rid of it to clean up the bay a bit and gain a few hp. After takin my supra motor apart and puttin it back together and now taking this motor apart they are extremely similar. Then again they are only year apart. I did delete it on my supra.

So does anyone delete their EGR off their 22re??

2. May 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    80yotaguy

80yotaguy Not well known

Member:
    First Name:
    Gage
    Yreka
    Vehicle:
    I drive a Chevy
    I haven't taken the egr off of my current truck but one of my buddies did on his old truck and never had any problems with the check engine light coming on. As far as more hp goes we never really could tell because the truck was on 35s and stock gearing. LCE performance makes a block off kit for the 22re. Its part number 1016039 on their website. www.lceperformance.com

3. May 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Its bad for your engine. EGR keeps cylinder and combustion chamber temps down.

Oh and increases MPG and reduces emissions.

Products Discussed in

To Top