1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

885x and 5100's maxed out?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jerysan, Apr 1, 2013.

1. jerysan

jerysan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Off Road SB
    Flowmaster 40 Delta Flow, K&N Air filter, TSB Rear AAL with 1" Block & 5100's, OME 885x with OME Nitrocharged and Toytec Top spacers, Built Right UCA's , Satoshi Grille, HID's, Bull Bar,
    I have the 885x with 5100's set at zero and the Toytec top spacer kit installed and it started making a clunk/thud sound from the passenger side going over bumps. Took it to the Truck Shop here in San Diego and they told me that my shocks were maxed out and that's why it made that noise. I had the spacers removed and the noise went away. Could the 5100's be valved differently depending on where you buy them or is it just my truck that can't seem to achieve this lift. I know a lot of people running the same set up with no problem.

2. NorCalTRD

NorCalTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 Indigo Ink DCLB TRD Sport V6
    40% Front Tint, Viper 5704 Alarm, Steel Cable Dog Tie, Super Sexy Driver Mod
    Someone else encountered topping out the shocks by raising their bilsteins to .85 with the 885 coils.

Seems like the answer is to stick with the bilsteins set at 0" if your coupling them with 855 coils.

3. totmacher

totmacher Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN (memphis mostly)
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner Access Cab TRD Sport
    BHLM, Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, Hoen all weather fog bulbs, window tint, LED interior lights (cupholder & floor), exterior LED courtesy lights. OME/Dakar lift. 50W reverse lights. Painted wheels.
    New install? If so, don't forget to recheck the torque on everything after the first drive and then again after a few hundred miles or so. Then give it a 1000 miles or so to settle in. It might go away. Offroading or something to help springs compress/flex seems to help a little. It happens with the OME struts too, not just the 5100s.

I've got 4000 miles on my 885/OME struts. It's not nearly as bad as it was before and if I have cargo or passengers it's even less noticable.

There is another thread somewhere with a lot of responses.

4. Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Were they toytec preload spacers or above the tophat?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
To Top