1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

92 electrical?

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by 92taco, Jun 22, 2010.

1. 92taco

92taco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    funkytown
    Vehicle:
    i have a 92 tacoma that had been sitting for 6 years but she runs "great" now. however when i use my blinker (not as often as i should ) the needle on the speedo drops and then returns any thoughts? it has the 3.0 v6 and is 4x4 if that helps

2. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    The blinker lights might be dragging down the voltage on the circuit.

I'd pop all the lights open and check them for corrosion then apply some grease before you buckle them back up again. Check the visible wiring that you can see when you have them apart. If you have them open might as well check all the bulb sockets while your at it.

If it's a semi short is in the steering column it's going to be a pain to fix. Could be a bad ground also. Maybe one other thing to check is the blinker relay. Make sure you have the electronic type and not the heating element type. How to tell? You usually can't see inside the heating element type. The electronic ones are or look like a relay that you can see inside them threw the green or clear cover.

To Top