1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

96 4x4 Front end swap.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by SRQ TACO, Nov 18, 2009.

1. SRQ TACO

SRQ TACO [OP] "You've Got Red on You"

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    00 RegularCab 5lug
    16'' 5zigen Streetfighters w/ 245/55R16 General Altimax HP's, K&N Filter w/ deckplate mod, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler with turndown before the axle, 01-04 Tail lights tinted, Dual BMW M3 horns, JVC Headunit, JVC 6.5'' door Speakers, Pioneer Shallow Mount 1000W 12'' Sub, 1000W Amp, Monroe Gasmatics front and rear, 1.5'' Daystar Coil Spacer, JDM Smoked Headlights/Corners,2001 Bench Seat, Led swapped gauge cluster and AC controls, Ignition Light mod with blue led, OEM All weather Floor Mats, LED Dome Light, 6000K DDM Tuning HID's, Street Scene Grille and Valance inserts, Clear bumper lights with the fog light mod and JDM Yellow led's, Window Tint: 25% sides and 5% back, TRD Blue Oil Cap.
    What would it take for me to swap out my front end for the 96 4wd front end?

[​IMG]

My idea behind this is that a 96 4wd front end would look sick if I did a satoshi and add a large TOYOTA logo in the center.

[​IMG]

2. dylandercole

dylandercole Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    I dont know what it would take but it sure would look sick

3. SRQ TACO

SRQ TACO [OP] "You've Got Red on You"

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    00 RegularCab 5lug
    16'' 5zigen Streetfighters w/ 245/55R16 General Altimax HP's, K&N Filter w/ deckplate mod, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler with turndown before the axle, 01-04 Tail lights tinted, Dual BMW M3 horns, JVC Headunit, JVC 6.5'' door Speakers, Pioneer Shallow Mount 1000W 12'' Sub, 1000W Amp, Monroe Gasmatics front and rear, 1.5'' Daystar Coil Spacer, JDM Smoked Headlights/Corners,2001 Bench Seat, Led swapped gauge cluster and AC controls, Ignition Light mod with blue led, OEM All weather Floor Mats, LED Dome Light, 6000K DDM Tuning HID's, Street Scene Grille and Valance inserts, Clear bumper lights with the fog light mod and JDM Yellow led's, Window Tint: 25% sides and 5% back, TRD Blue Oil Cap.
    Basicly all I want is the grille,headlights,bumperfillers,and cornerlights I think.

4. STLharry

STLharry Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    01 5VZ-FE TRD 5spd
    '95-'97 style Grille/Hood/Taillights/Tailgate decals, ARB bull bar, Rock sliders, Custom rear tube bumper, King Coilovers with Icon neoprene spring condoms, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs with N85 shocks, NWOR greasable shackles/spring pins and OME hardware; IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W fog lights, CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor; ARB-mounted 4' Hi-Lift, Deckplate mod, Grey Wire mod, Dif Breather Extension, Dif Drop Kit, Sway bar removed, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Boat cupholder
    Not sure about specifics, but I know that blkcoma32 has a 98 that he bought with a 97 face swapped on. It looks like the hood is the same (unlike the 01-04s, which are curved at the bottom), and it may have all the same mounts for the clips, lights, etc. Just do some looking around in the two different tacos, if you can.

5. Kuneff

Kuneff Carpe Diem

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Woods Beater
    Tree Dents
    It would defiantly be a world of improvement... If you could get the parts cheap enough, I would defiantly try.

To Top