1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'97 tacoma supercharger question

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by cheese7882, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Jan 23, 2010 at 7:42 PM

cheese7882 [OP] Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    2016 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB MT
    I'm a newb here and this is my first post. I bought a '97 tacoma 2wd, 4cyl 2RZ, automatic off a budy of mine a little over a year ago. It only had 50,000 miles on it and the price was right so I had to buy it. Way better than my '91 Trooper. Anyway, ever since I've had it I've wanted to make some improvements on it. I plan on having this car for a while. I was talking to my friend about performance and what I can do to my car. He suggested a new muffler, K&N intake and either a supercharger or a turbo. I'm leaning towards a supercharger. Now, i was wondering how difficult it is to install a super charger or a turbo and which would be best. Any advice would help. Also, another question of mine has to do with this weird vibration my car has. When i'm at an idle, usually stopped at a red light, my car starts to vibrate and the idle seems to fluctuate a little, it even wants to lurch forward a little bit. However, the vibration goes away once I start moving. Any ideas?
To Top