1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

97 tacoma suspension troubles

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 1997taco, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    1997taco

1997taco [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ok so I bought an extended cab 1997 tacoma yesterday and the guy said that it had a 4 inch professionally installed lift. I looked and it has i guess 3 or 4 inch blocks inbetween the frame and the body and it has a hangar that commes down and the rear of the spring bolts into it. The truck has 33x12.50x15 on it now and i love the way that it looks but im gonna be using the truck for a whole lot of commuting and at high speeds on the interstate the truck goes wherever it wants to. I feel every single imperfection in the road and the 33's feel like they grab every little thing in the road and make it extrememly difficult to drive. Like i said I love the wide spaced out tire look on the truck and have now come to the conclusion of removng the lift kit and the 33's. What recommendations can i get so maybe i can save the lift and the 33's.

2. May 17, 2010 at 2:14 AM
    afa

afa Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    1997 toyota tacoma 4wd
    Slight lift, 33 inch mud tires, pretty good sound system,
    I have the exact same car etc, unfortunatly do not have an answer for you, let me know if you get one though i have the same problem

3. May 17, 2010 at 6:12 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    Welcome to TW. It sounds like the truck has a body lift, which is at the bottom of the food chain as far as lifts go. It puts a lot of stress on your body mounts and usually looks terrible.

you might try bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks. They can give you up to 2.5 inches of lift in the front, and the poor ride quality you are feeling could be your 1997 shocks that are worn out.

To Top