1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

99 rotors?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by devilsalmostfree, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Oct 31, 2008 at 5:16 PM
    devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Loudon, Tn
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4X4, 5 spd, 2.7 ltr
    Deck plate mod, intake silencer removed, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, debadged, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75R16. Flowmaster knock-off muffler!
    anybody got any? im needing some! mine r shot, i think, shakes the truck like crazy when slowing down from 55-65 mph!

2. Nov 1, 2008 at 9:51 PM
    jvand678

jvand678 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lubbock, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 Dbl CabTRD Sport 4x4 Black
    Westin Nerf bars, full window tint, redline hood struts, Icon Coilovers, Wheeler Add a Leaf 3 pack (on its way)
    have they already checked em with a micrometer to make sure you need new ones? If you have and they're "shot", I know this isn't "legal" and all but even when mine were a little past, I've never had trouble finding someone that was willing to turn them. If you just want to replace them, you'll end up finding them locally for a decent price and you don't have to worry about shipping. I think when I replaced mine they were about 40 bucks a piece. Which isn't too bad for peace of mind and knowing that they can be on there for another 245,000 miles.

3. Nov 1, 2008 at 9:53 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD 4x4 DC
    OME Lift W/886 Coils LR UCA's Daker Leaf Packs 265/75/16 Duratracs N-Fab Steps UWS low pro box Carhartt Seat Covers/Door Inserts/Console Cover Relentless Fab Rear Bumper/Tailgate Skin Bed Mat DB Fab Grille Insert with Baja Designs Cube LED's Bulletproof Fab Engine Tray/Lower Grille Insert .50 Cal Antenna/Valve Stem Covers Custom Fab Console Lock Box Custom Shift Knob Dash Mat Window Tint Rugged Ridge Floor Mats Blacked Out Emblems Color Matched Grill Surround OEM Front Aluminum Skid Plate G-Tek Door Sill Protectors Wheelskins Steering Wheel Cover EGR In Channel Vent Visors FJ emblem on the tailgate Fab Fours front bumper Northstar battery TRD battery tie down
    Yeah just have them turned or get new ones, they are less than $50.00.

4. Nov 2, 2008 at 6:29 AM
    devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Loudon, Tn
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4X4, 5 spd, 2.7 ltr
    Deck plate mod, intake silencer removed, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, debadged, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75R16. Flowmaster knock-off muffler!
    yeah, when i changed my brakes & had the rotors turned last time, the guy told me it would be the last time that those rotors could be turned, drove the truck for 2 weeks, & then the truck just started shaking like crazy! i did check on new rotors, & no they're not too expensive, thought i would check here, but yeah, ill go buy new ones! thanks for ur guys info!

To Top