1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

99 Tacoma build TRD OFF ROAD

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds' started by Jsimp, Mar 3, 2012.

1. YotaKid62

YotaKid62 Dirty mall crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma TRD Sr5 5 speed
    Grey Wire Locker Mod, 3" coil spacers & custom leaf packs, 2" BL, Skyjacker rear nitro shocks, Monroe front gas shocks; 15" eclipse sub & 1400 watt visonik amp with Kenwood stereo, Billet Petals, Black Aries series Grille guard, ebay baja lights (unsure of brand)
    Hey I'm curious how your roof rack mounts on? i fabbed one the other day but i'm not sure how to mount it when I get lights. Maybe trade rack pics for sub pics???

2. Jsimp

Jsimp [OP] WV, VA, NC places i roam in the Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Richmond/Winchester VA
    3inch body lift, 2inch suspension lift, 33x12.5 goodyear, PIAA fog lights, CB cobra, fiberglass antenna, Magna flow, rock sliders, some custom powder coating,
    its a Yakima roof rack. that hooks on the door, and the back one is bolted on. excuse my crappy wiring for the lights. im trying to find a better place to run it but im pretty limited. and the lights i just drilled holes in the rack. if you want a picture of that i can get you one. also the electrical tape is just until i get silicone or something to seal the hold where i ran the wires into the rack.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if anyone has a suggestion on where to run the wire into the truck id love to hear. i tryed through the back window and i hated how i could see the wire.

3. YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Grey Wire Locker Mod, 3" coil spacers & custom leaf packs, 2" BL, Skyjacker rear nitro shocks, Monroe front gas shocks; 15" eclipse sub & 1400 watt visonik amp with Kenwood stereo, Billet Petals, Black Aries series Grille guard, ebay baja lights (unsure of brand)
    Thanks man I thc no I see how that works... maybe run the wire through the tube to the back of the truck and through the back window???? And I took a few pics of my subs for you ill get those up in a hour or so.

4. YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Oh, and another thing. How do u like your BL. Everyone on here talks crap about them but I'm interested in a 2" lift to get 5 . I like the way that looks with 33's since I wanna get tires and rims this summer.

5. Jsimp

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Richmond/Winchester VA
    3inch body lift, 2inch suspension lift, 33x12.5 goodyear, PIAA fog lights, CB cobra, fiberglass antenna, Magna flow, rock sliders, some custom powder coating,
    i hate body lifts. i didnt put the lift on this truck. it a three inch BL and when you get on the interstate ramps it leans bad and feels like im gona flip. id only put a 1 inch body lift maybe two, but not three its too much. i plan on getting the 4 inch Old Man Emu lift. my dad has three of them and i love the ride. one day if i have the money ill take my body lift off. ill post a picture of it in a minute.

6. Jsimp

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Richmond/Winchester VA
    body lift pictures.. i want to put something in there to hid the gap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Yea, i'd make some splash guards or somethin'. I'll probly get a 1" so I don't have to deal with shifter extensions and stuff. I just think 33's look better if the lift is 4 or 5 inches instead of just 3.

8. Jsimp

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Richmond/Winchester VA
    yeah you also dont want a body lift bigger than the suspension... like me.. i hate it, but nothing i can do right now.

9. YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Haha, yea that's what I was thinking. U still have your sway bar attached? A lot of guys on here take them off, and that would contribute ALOT to body roll. Even if so, new bushings might help you some.

10. Jsimp

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Richmond/Winchester VA
    mine is still on. its not that bad. i just would rather have a bigger suspension lift.

11. YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Ok just checking. Your truck looks good man! And another thing. How do the tinted blinkers work for ya? I don't really like the blinkers on our style from end, but they look good blacked out.

12. Jsimp

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Richmond/Winchester VA
    yeah i dont like how the blinkers are in the bumper where fog lights should be.. not gona lie they are way to dark, and during the day its kinda hard to see. but when you think about it they are hard to see without the tint. but i like the look.

13. YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    I seriously dunno whether I want my lights tinted or chromed out. I'm kinda leaning towards the blacked out theme for my truck, but clear corner and blinked lights would look good too I think. With my Color truck its kinda hard to decide

14. Jsimp

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Richmond/Winchester VA
    yeah the tinted tails look good on your truck id just smoke the fronts. to dark would maybe look weird.

15. YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    I'm gonna have to look into it. I've been itching for something to work on with my truck. I should extend my differential breathers too.

16. YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Speaking of which, have you done the grey wire mod yet??

17. Jsimp

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Richmond/Winchester VA
    yeah i did the grey wire mod. it took a total of 7 mins. its sick, i did a burnout at a stoplight pretty easy with it on. i havnt used it offroad to much but dont plan on using it on the road again kills my tires

18. YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Yea I was just checking since i didn't catch it in you list. I just must not have seen it. I love mine too.

19. babyblockTACO

babyblockTACO Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kai
    Kaneohe, HI / Stockton,CA
    Vehicle:
    03 xtra cab 4x4
    2.5" Sway-A-Way coilovers Alcan 8-leaf pack Bilstein 5125 31x10.5x15 mud terrains on steelies
    beautiful rig, man.

i had a Q about your rack setup. I too have the Q stretch kit and towers, but am kinda reluctant to purchase the 48" crossbars...i feel like they look a lil short on the roof from all the rigs ive seen online. How long are yours, 48"?

20. Jsimp

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Richmond/Winchester VA
    im not sure on that. im out of town till sunday and dont have the truck with me to measure. i can find out on monday,

To Top