1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

9thHopes 2018 Cement TRD OR

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Builds (2016-2023)' started by 9thhope, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Sep 18, 2018 at 7:22 PM
    9thhope

9thhope [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement DCSB TRD Off Road
    Starting my build thread here, just a place for me to post mods and photos from trips that I go on.

One day I walked into the dealership window shopping for a truck and found this gal. Apparently someone special ordered her but decided not to pick up, so I got myself a pretty good deal on a 2018 cement grey TRD off road with premium and tech package. ANNNNND its a 6spd. :D

[​IMG]

here she is near lake arrow head over the weekend. My plan is to use her like a truck for now while I'm building my garage, and then mod her for more trips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kalieaire, MCCM and Gtboosted like this.
  2. Feb 11, 2019 at 11:10 PM
    9thhope

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    finally took the truck out for some camping. Spent a night near Bakersfield before heading out to button-willow raceway to play support for some friends who were tracking that day. Woke up to a chilly morning but luckily the shift pod kept me nice and warm until I stepped out.

[​IMG]

taco all loaded up at buttonwillow. I brought my grill and we had a bbq in the paddocks.

[​IMG]

I've been pretty busy all year with other random stuff. Ever since my last trip at Coyote Flats I realized that my measly emergency air pump from my old RX8 was not gonna do a good job filling up these tires. So I jumped on the ARB compressor group buy and got myself a twin. Then it kind of set off a chain reaction of other mods. I realized I didn't want to use the supplied switch since I had nowhere to mount it. I found out about the switch pro and thought that was a pretty good solution with the possibility of expansion in the future for other stuff. Then I got the SDHQ dash mount and engine bay mount for the switch pro. After I got everything mocked up, I realized I don't really like the sdhq engine bay mount for the switch pro. So I opted for the powertray, and also wire up a 6 circuit fuse block for even more expand-ability.

A coworker showed me his Diamondback cover on his raptor and I really liked it, so I ended up ordering one right before the current group buy (DOH). After that I added matt geckos LED strips to help me see in the dark. Its wierd because I just finished installing everything and ALREADY feel like I want to re install the wiring to make everything cleaner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here a photo I took from the taco of our trip to Coyote Flats, I was too excited to drive and forgot to take photos of my own ride

[​IMG]

BountyOR_VF2 and Gtboosted like this.
  3. Feb 21, 2019 at 11:48 AM
    9thhope

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    7r41lbr34k3r likes this.
  4. Apr 30, 2019 at 5:27 PM
    9thhope

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

went on a short trip to Carrizo Plain National Monument this weekend. Wasn't really offloading because the trail was more like a dirt road. Along the way we saw a few Camrys and accords driving around. But it's been a while since I have camped anywhere so it was good to get out there. Our campsite ended up being a dead end on a trail that we thought would have gone on longer. But over all it was pretty good. The view was fantastic.

[​IMG]

The shiftpod worked out really well. It was kind of a overkill since it was just me staying in it this trip. I did notice the diamondback cover was rubbing small holes into the bag of the shiftpod. Something I haven't thought about since it does move around a lot while I'm on the trail. I'll probably use some cardboard to pad it for now and figure out a better solution later on. Also I found out that the tail gate does not seal against dust at all. This will have to be rectified at some point before the next trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

BountyOR_VF2 likes this.
  5. Sep 9, 2019 at 11:41 PM
    9thhope

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

Been a while, and lots has changed. I got rid of the diamond back tonneau cover as I realized I needed a bit more space. On goes the RLD design canopy. I've also been collecting parts for a lift from various groupbuys and deals on the forum over time, and finally was able to throw them on. I installed front and rear king extended shocks with adjusters courtesy of Showstoppers USA. Found a set of dakar leafs for sale for the rear. While I was at it, also had the rear shackle hangers replaced with Archive garage units. Also for the front I had the marlin crawler cam tab gussets welded on. I went with camburg balljoint UCAs because I feel like they'd be less maintenance down the line.

I wanted to upsize the 16" stockers for some 17s so eventually I can fit BBKS for the front. My friend was selling his FJ rims for cheap so I jumped on them and threw on some 255/75/17 KO2s to finish up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

front sits a little higher than I'd like right now but hopefully once everything settles in it'll drop down a little bit. Eventually I want to get a winch bumper + winch so that'll help lower it slightly also. I'm all about the slight forward rake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

motoxscott likes this.
  6. Oct 5, 2019 at 5:23 AM
    Byoung04

Byoung04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD OR DCSB
    How do you like the RLD shell?

Ben

7. Oct 7, 2019 at 12:49 PM
    9thhope

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Its been good, they shipped me a old version where some of the mounting holes weren't completely right but it was a quick fix and the new ones should be all fixed now. I haven't actually been off with it yet but plan to this november. Everyday usability is really good, I like all the locks and being able to access the bedsides

8. Oct 7, 2019 at 5:00 PM
    mandog

mandog Lesser-Known Member

Member:
    Race City, USA
    Vehicle:
    2017 4WD Off-Road Quicksand Overland
    Your night shots of this truck are truly incredible! Looks so nice with the color. Keep coming with the bamf content!

9thhope[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Nov 20, 2019 at 3:49 PM
    9thhope

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

Not really an update but had a pretty good time camping out in Yosemite national park earlier this week. Truck is pretty sorted right now but I do feel like i'll need a roof rack eventually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mandog likes this.
  10. Dec 8, 2019 at 5:51 PM
    Vin829

Vin829 Best Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-road
    Very cool

11. Apr 19, 2020 at 12:08 AM
    9thhope

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    right before we went into lock down I bought a vagabond drifter from a fellow member on here. I had to bail on a trip to Mojave road to drive up to nor-cal to get it installed at vagabond. Much thanks for hooking up the install. I've yet to use it on a trip but once this lockdown is lifted it'll be the first thing I'm planning on doing.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top