1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/C Blower not working! Please Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ry1984, May 4, 2012.

1. May 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    K&N FIPK, Billy 5100 all around, 881's in the front, Toytec AAL
    Ok so heres what happened and Im not proud about it. My house is only a year and a half old and it has a Carrier central air system in it. Of course the dimensions to their air filters are custom so can not be bought anywhere but from them. I still buy from the store and cut to fit. Well I wasn't thinking and put that damn thing in backwards. Went to work the next day and bam, system frozen, blower not working. I turned it off for a whole 24 hours, turned it on and the blower still not working. Fan outside works, system gets cold, just no blower! Im to the point of calling a 24 hr tech and paying my life savings. Anyone have any advice before it comes to that.

2. May 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Check for breakers in the unit and see if they tripped.

3. May 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    K&N FIPK, Billy 5100 all around, 881's in the front, Toytec AAL
    only breaker i saw was one on the outside panel. wasnt tripped. I removed the panels and saw no other breakers in there. was even looking for a possible reset button on the motor itself, nothing. I can't imagine something this simple would make a new motor go bad.

4. May 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    Electrical shiz can be touchy on any system. If you've already checked all the breakers you might want to check the motor connections and capacitor if you feel comfortable doing so. If you didn't blow out any refrigerant you might be able to get an electrician to check it out first. Any schematics?

5. May 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    look in your manual... look for codes thrown on the main panel... it might be a bad relay or something... and yes make sure you get the right filter and put it in right... too much flow restriction will cause the evaporator to ice up

Products Discussed in

To Top