1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/C only blows on high setting now

Discussion in 'Texas' started by texred73, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Oct 6, 2016 at 5:02 PM
    Tex-Tac

Tex-Tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma V6 PreRunner SR5 Extended Double Cab Desert Sand Mica
    Installed Overhead Compass and Temperature Display along with outside temperature sensor and wiring; LED lights reverse backup; LED license plate lights; Added GTA Bluetooth Audio kit to stock radio for iphone audio; Spare tire steel braided air hose extension connection to rear bumper; Installed new headlights along with new bulbs PIAA H4 XTreme and for fog lights PIAA H10 XTreme bulbs. Installed new hood with "hood-scoop". Installed Predator Side Steps. Replaced front chrome grill with customized color matched (Desert Sand Mica) grill with added TOYOTA lettering (also in matched color), installed and secured tailgate anti-theft devices. Also installed a new external TPMS monitor for all 4 tires.
    Sub'd

2. Dec 13, 2016 at 7:02 AM
    pmosin

pmosin Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab 4x4 TRD 6spd
    ARE Camper shell
    Subbed this thread, happened to me this last week (fan blows on high only). Love TacomaWorld!

3. Dec 14, 2016 at 8:37 AM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    This solves your problem. 3 minute total time to remove the old resistor (just 2 small screws) and install this one. Everything is accessible on the passenger side under the dash. Nothing else to remove to get to it. Fixed it for me without having to change the blower motor. Good idea to drop your blower motor (only 1 plug and 3 screws) and clean it out real good, including putting a little graphite powder for lubrication in the blower shaft.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G6FDT7E

4. Dec 27, 2016 at 11:17 AM
    xguntherc

xguntherc Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Icon Stage 5, Nexen Roadian MTX, Fuel KB43 Block wheels, Baja Design XL 80s, Baja Squad Pro WC fogs, TacoVinyl grill, "dudebro" lights, Prinsu rack, trail rash pinstripes, BAMF hybrid bumper, sliders, and LCA skids, and a few other things I can't think of.
    Will dropping my Blower Motor and adding graphite powder help with it clicking and making funny noises, struggling to work on the lowest setting... and occasionally not working at all until I hit it a few times with my palm. Or is my Motor just going bad and I need a new one?

Sometimes it works fine. Other times it struggles to start spinning but gets going and makes noise on the first two settings. 3-4 are loud enough that I don't hear it. I'm about to buy a new Blower Motor... but now wondering if mine just needs to be cleaned, oiled and such.

5. Dec 27, 2016 at 4:40 PM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Did you replace that capacitor chip that attaches to the blower motor? That's likely your culprit. If you did that, and cleaned out the blower motor really good and did the graphite powder, you may have a failing blower motor. Clean it good.. get an air compressor with a high power nozzle and blast all of the debris out of it.

6. Dec 27, 2016 at 5:20 PM
    xguntherc

xguntherc Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Icon Stage 5, Nexen Roadian MTX, Fuel KB43 Block wheels, Baja Design XL 80s, Baja Squad Pro WC fogs, TacoVinyl grill, "dudebro" lights, Prinsu rack, trail rash pinstripes, BAMF hybrid bumper, sliders, and LCA skids, and a few other things I can't think of.
    Yeah I replaced the resistor.. that's it tho. Think I'll order a new blower. It's always made irritating noises. Now it's just starting to intermittently fail. So yeah.

Products Discussed in

To Top