1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

...A Case for Armed Response to Home Invasion...

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by wileyC, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Jan 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Nope. First of all I live in an area where that type of event is unlikely at best (I know, plan for the worst hope for the best, well I'm not an extremist). Secondly, there's nothing saying birdshot won't take someones life. Close range, it can do plenty of damage. Lastly, if I surprise him with the first shot, I understand he might able to retaliate but the risk is no greater than shooting at someone with a handgun and missing. At least the bird shot will make contact unless you're a really horrible shot.

2. Jan 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i have thought it thru many times. i think if someone broke in i could take their life. but like it said who knows till the time comes.

Thank fully we have a Castle law here. it also covers the car/vehicle not just the home.

I also feel that if someone brakes in a home in the evening/night they should know damn well that the chance of someone being home is very very high! IMHO if they still brake in they know that someone is most likely home and don’t care to hurt them, hell maybe thats why they are there in the first place is to hurt someone.

if it is just the middle of the day and you are home sick or something, maybe it would be best to yell out something or just point the gun at them and if they advance shoot if they flee great call the cops. at night you may want to play it out a little differently.

Products Discussed in

To Top