1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A.D.P. or Additional Dealer Profit

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Layzboy, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Feb 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM
    Layzboy

Layzboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Glendale,AZ
    Vehicle:
    99 Rerunner TRD Off Road Sunfire Red Pearl
    Just gettin started
    Larry Miller Toyota in Peoria, Az was trying to tack on an extra 3 grand to Taco's back when the 1st gen D.C.'s came out and the '05's. They only explanation they could give was "Toyota said so". I'm sure they will pull the same shit when gen 3 is released. Anyone else here of this B.S. They called it Additional Dealer Profit. It was written in by hand on the window sticker.

2. Feb 12, 2011 at 12:49 AM
    BartStar

BartStar Well-Known Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab, 6 speed man
  3. Feb 12, 2011 at 1:29 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    The servco toyota dealer here is the only non luxury car dealer I know of in hawaii that doesn't throw on what they call "local market value" or "market adjustment" I hear its 18 grand on a v8 camaro and something like 20 on a .. that new ford package thing. I was wondering if they were going to try that shit on the mainland. I can understand if you're selling a grey market car, but not a domestic available one. If I lived in manhattan and their rent was too high to give me a good deal, I'd take a trip upstate. In hawaii, ya can't do that, so I figured that's how they got away with it. (there's a new car import tax here too).

They wanted 8k for my GTO, 3600 on my gmc... You can frequently talk them out of it.. but then you've used up a lot of bargaining.

Salesmen at those joints usually only last a few weeks, then they join the laborers union or something. Sad, bunch of yahoos from california coming out to get some "fun in the sun" selling cars. Volvo dealer was nice. Bmw, scion, toyota.. the rest were just like that badger. I've been to them all. (im a tire kicker).

What is that badger commercial from?

4. Feb 12, 2011 at 2:10 AM
    BartStar

BartStar Well-Known Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab, 6 speed man
    North Carolina Dealer
    (excuse me for showing that all the time, but I think its really funny, I have watched it 100 times and i still laugh)

To Top