1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A follow up (bolt on) slider question.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Umrunner, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Mar 31, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    Umrunner

Umrunner [OP] Caltanian

Member:
    Bay area, and Missoula, mt
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC OR Timberland Mica. 6 speed.
    Leer 100xr with adventure package, bfg at's, weathertech's, demello sliders, billie 5100's all around, URD short shifter, Diff breather mod. BDF lightbar. Grillcraft grill. PIAA 520 severe weather driving lights. Other random stuff as well.
    Resolved to get a set of sliders, and had decided that bolt on is the way to go for my needs.
    There seem to be a fair number of companies out there that offer them, so im looking to hear opinions on them.
    Excited at the prospect, and found myself thinking how it would have been nice to have a pair today (would have been more comfortable to take on a trail near me)
    Thanks in advance.

2. Mar 31, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SD, CA Now in Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco 4x4 TRD OffRoad Rugged Trail
    SAW 2.0s, Wheeler's 3-leaf AAL, On Board Air, 255/85/16 Cooper Discover S/T, CBI Sliders, Built right UCAs, 6" Harbor Freight Lights (converted to HIDs), KC Slim Lights.
    I have CBI bolt on sliders. I have beat the crap out of them and they show no signs of it, except for the paint :D. The first time I tested them I had my brother watch, I slamed down on a rock with only the driver side slider and he said they didn't move.

I love them and they look bad ass! I always look for a place the bash on them.

3. Apr 1, 2011 at 2:44 PM
    Umrunner

Umrunner [OP] Caltanian

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Leer 100xr with adventure package, bfg at's, weathertech's, demello sliders, billie 5100's all around, URD short shifter, Diff breather mod. BDF lightbar. Grillcraft grill. PIAA 520 severe weather driving lights. Other random stuff as well.
    Cbi seems to make some nice stuff. Looked around, and didn't seem to find too many photos. But from what i can tell, looks nice.
    Anyone else got any opinions for me?

4. Apr 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    Umrunner

Umrunner [OP] Caltanian

Member:
    Vehicle:
    The slee ones are too much.. but boy are they good looking.

5. Apr 1, 2011 at 3:00 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Those Slee sliders would just piss me off getting hung up on everything.

6. Apr 2, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    TimRD OffRoad

TimRD OffRoad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NC
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Off Road 4x4
    King Coil Overs, Add-A-Leaf, Custom tube rear bumper
  7. Apr 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    6spdtaco

6spdtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    East Wallingford, VT
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Tom Woods driveshaft. TRD short throw shift kit. TRD exhaust. AFE Stage II intake. CBI Bumpers front and rear. Warn 8000i winch/ synthetic line. OME 3" lift w/ dakar springs and 886 coils. ATO Front skid. ARE MX cap. Trail Team FJ wheels. Cooper Discoverer ST 265/75-16 C tires. Diff breather relocation mod.
    CBI. I have a brand new set sitting in my garage waiting for some free time to install them.

8. Apr 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Has anybody done a write up on the Relentless Fab sliders like the one for the CBI's. I want to see the difference on how they mount up.

9. Apr 2, 2011 at 9:50 AM
    Nightstr

Nightstr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Felipe
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner sr5
    BLHM BLWM 3" TOUGH COUNTRY LIFT TRD SEAT COVERS THULE RACK M/T KM2 265/65/16
    Relentless with a kick out.:D

10. Apr 2, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    littledvl

littledvl ride BMX!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Saint Leonard MD
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 / 15 tundra dc 4x4
    Too many to list
    Relentless or Shrockworks are awesome, I have landed on my shrockworks and they didnt budge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Apr 2, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    RZRob

RZRob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Anaheim Hills
    I like my AllPro's, but they're all good. Make sure you have enough clearance between them and the body though as mine are hitting now - and the sliders don't budge.

RZ Rob

[​IMG]

12. Apr 19, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    CBI Offroad Fab

CBI Offroad Fab Member Vendor

Member:
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Vehicle:
    Everything Toyota!
    CBI sliders come with 4 evenly spaced legs to the frame. They are even supported on the ends unlike other slider makers. Keep in mind they completely guarantee all their products... Heck you will even get your sliders shipped in a few weeks rather than months!

To Top