1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A new mod

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nick54, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Aug 9, 2010 at 4:10 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I got home from work today and installed my new Redline hood struts, I love them!! Add that to my Backfill F1 bed cover, Tacoma bed mat, Dynamax UltreFlow SS Muffler. Weathertech floor liners and side window deflectors. When I finished with the hood struts, I dropped the Taco off at the dealer for the TSB leaf spring upgrade. Now I'm just waiting on the next group buy so I can get my Wet Okoles. Who know what after that.

2. Aug 9, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    Primersinmyshoe

Primersinmyshoe Old Sheepdog

Member:
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    gray, shiny, dependable
    Glock 36, spare mag
    I want those hood struts too. Which ones did you get (regular, plus or elite) and were they easy to install? Any fancy drilling of holes?

3. Aug 9, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I bought the base line system about $70.00, they work really well. We'll see how long they hold up. Some drilling required, however it's a rather simple operation, measure, mark, drill, screw/rivet. The struts just snap onto the ball brackets and your done, I would say it's about a 1 hour job.

4. Aug 9, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    raswank

raswank Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Grillcraft, Rear leaf TSB, 5100's at .85, with Eibachs, 265/70/17 BF Goodrich AT/S Tires, Hella 500's behind Grill, Kenwood KDC X995 H/U all Boston Acoustic speakers, JL Audio subs, Kenwood XR5 S amp, ATX Chrome 17x8 wheels
    I just bought a 2010 Sport, are they still having this squeaky leaf spring issue? And when can I expect it to start? That is why I got rid of my 2005 Double Cab sport 2 years ago.

5. Aug 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I bought the 2010 Double Cab TRD Sport as well and am very pleased with the truck. This is the first Tacoma I have owned and am pleased with it to this point, time will tell. I have not experienced any squeeking with the springs, I am getting them replaced according to a TSB to correct a load capicity issue. The 3 leaf packs are replaced with 4 leaf packs.

6. Aug 10, 2010 at 3:46 AM
    Primersinmyshoe

Primersinmyshoe Old Sheepdog

Member:
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    gray, shiny, dependable
    Glock 36, spare mag
    Nick, do they replace all three original springs with four new ones, or do they just add one more leaf the the original three?

7. Aug 10, 2010 at 4:40 AM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    They add a new 4 leaf pack. Also, there is s tsb on the squeak. They add new friction pads.

8. Aug 10, 2010 at 5:24 AM
    raswank

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    Grillcraft, Rear leaf TSB, 5100's at .85, with Eibachs, 265/70/17 BF Goodrich AT/S Tires, Hella 500's behind Grill, Kenwood KDC X995 H/U all Boston Acoustic speakers, JL Audio subs, Kenwood XR5 S amp, ATX Chrome 17x8 wheels
    there is a sticker on the inside of my door stating something about a 4 pound difference in something I will check that out. You would have figured 5 years down the line they would have fixed this problem. I will check to see if I already have the 4 pack instead of 3. Thanks

9. Aug 10, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    raswank

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    That sticker in my door state this vehicle load capacity has been reduced by 4 pounds what is that? And my double cab has the 3 pack. Do I have to wait to see if I get the squeak, or get this done before they start to squeak. What is the tsb number so I can keep track of this

10. Aug 10, 2010 at 7:47 AM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    +1 on the complete 4 leaf for 3 leaf change out, and I suppose that yellow sticker will not apply after the upgrade.

To Top