1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A solution to a problem?...maybe

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Motorshooter, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Motorshooter

Motorshooter [OP] Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab PreRunner SR5 India Ink Pearl
    Front and rear susp TSB-upgrade Bed lid/Tail gate lock Defiant light bar Hella 500’s (2) fresh coat of wax
    There is all this complaining out there about stealerships hacking away at gas pedals in order to fulfill Toyota’s promise to fix a perceived problem. (We all know it’s in the computer controlled drive by wire system) I’m really not in a hurry to bring in my truck to a stealership to let some half witted trunk monkey hack away at my gas pedal with a dull saw.:eek::mad:
    So, next week I will call the Toyota customer service # and politely ask them to send a new gas pedal to my local stealership, I will then drive in and have the pedal replaced properly.:rolleyes:
    Has anyone tried this simple approach?:D

2. dman597

dman597 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    maryland
    Vehicle:
    2012 dc 4X4 LB SPORT w/Tow
    6" Pro Comp Lift,285-70-R17,access rollup,Tint,front hitch,nfab step bars
    no but if it works let us know

3. wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    x2, let us know how it goes...

4. OffroadToy

OffroadToy The dog did it...I swear!

Member:
    High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and l
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop supersport canopy, black westin bullbar/tube steps, piaa offroad lights, weathertech floor mats, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    I told the dealership I don't want my pedal cut up and would rather have the new updated one installed. They transferred me to the parts dept and it's on order. As soon as it comes in I'll get the work done. The recall notice says if your unhappy with the pedal trim you can get a whole new pedal installed...I'm just saving them the time and trouble of having to cut it. With the amount we paid for our trucks I really think Toyota can afford to install new pedals instead of doing this redneck fix.

To Top