1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/V Components

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Jigzor, May 21, 2009.

1. May 21, 2009 at 7:16 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    To the guys that replaces the factory unit and put in the In dash dvd, what models did you look at or compare? As for speakers, I was told not to replace the 6x9 in the front door because I will lose quite a bit of bass, how true is this?

I plan on shopping at sonicelectronix.com they also have an ebay store.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Others will help you out on the DVD units I'm sure and whether or not you will lose bass bt replacing the 6x9's depends on what you actually replace them with as well as how you install whatever you replace them with. :)

3. May 21, 2009 at 2:13 PM
    4x4Taco

4x4Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4X4
    The Kenwood DNX series is the way to go. As for speakers...the stock ones are great with a new head unit; just add a powerful sub and adjust the power of the stock on the new head unit for mids and highs.

4. May 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    garno13

garno13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    great falls, mt
    Vehicle:
    06 red x-runner
    all new carbon fiber black with red seats with sub box, ipod center console holder, pioneer f900bt navigation, 2- alpine pdx amps, 10" type-x sub in custome enclosure, alpine type-x components, in kick panel pods, tunneau cover, urd cold air intake , throttle body spacer, painted engine cover, bermuda digital tails, projector headlights 8000k h1 hid kit, lba short headers, bullet muffler. this week having billet grill, urd cold air intake, and liscense plates powder coated iridium red color to match rims should be on thursday.
    if you open the doors up you will notice the front speakers are a joke the magnet is about the size of a 50 cent piece . They do sound ok but not very strong. I would put a good pair of components in the doors and dyno mat it and then just add a sub enclosure to get the bass back.

5. May 22, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    plmber58

plmber58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner sr5 package Pyrite Mica color
    BLU Logic, Ipod interface, storage lock box for existing storage area, debadged, new color grill, wet okole seat covers, coming a Kenwood DNX6140 radio head unit, and a Protecta bed mat
    I went with the Kenwood DNX6140 Navigation system. It has everything. IE Navigation, Ipod interface, bluetooth, dvd,am/fm, cd, and capable for usb,xm radio and sirous radio. Now waiting ror a quote for small amplifier and speakers

6. May 22, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    garno13

garno13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    great falls, mt
    Vehicle:
    06 red x-runner
    all new carbon fiber black with red seats with sub box, ipod center console holder, pioneer f900bt navigation, 2- alpine pdx amps, 10" type-x sub in custome enclosure, alpine type-x components, in kick panel pods, tunneau cover, urd cold air intake , throttle body spacer, painted engine cover, bermuda digital tails, projector headlights 8000k h1 hid kit, lba short headers, bullet muffler. this week having billet grill, urd cold air intake, and liscense plates powder coated iridium red color to match rims should be on thursday.

if you need some sub amps I have 2 kicker mono amps brand new in box and one 800 watt sony ampp brand new.

7. May 23, 2009 at 7:56 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I went with Pioneer AVH-4000P It was a good unit, but I wasn't impressed by its lack of a dedicated sub output. I just used the rear channel as my sub channel since I don't use rear fill anyway.

I like Pioneer's menus and the sound quality. I have not used a Kenwood deck recently, but they are the most popular here.

8. May 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM
    Railwayrog

Railwayrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dammeron Valley, UT
    Vehicle:
    2019 DC 4x4 Off Road
    Does it include HD?

9. May 23, 2009 at 3:10 PM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    i'm also using a pioneer avh-p4000dvd. they can be had real cheap right now.

not to hijack, but sooner07 how are you wiring this thing to your amps?

10. May 23, 2009 at 7:06 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    When I had it, I used the front RCA for the front amp. The rear channel was run to the sub amps. I used a y adapter to split a single channel for each amp because I use two amps and two subs. I do not run rear fill and if I did I would not use an amp on those speakers.

Products Discussed in

To Top