1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A weekend of firsts for my Tacoma.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Squid, May 3, 2010.

1. May 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    Squid

Squid [OP] Swollen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona Red PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Debadged, Factory Roof Rack, Black Nerf Bars, Black MB Chaos Wheels, 265-75-16 BFG All Terrain T/A KOs, Rear Leaf TSB, Body Colored Grill with center sprayed black
    First long trip. 900 mile round trip to West Texas to do some work on our deer camp.

First use of the bed power outlet. Used it to run a Sawzall and to recharge a Dewalt drill battery. The rest of the guys were so glad i had it. Kept us from having to run a super long extension cord.

First time to get it dirty. Didn't really do any offroading but opened it up a littel on some desert trails.

First time to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere. DOH! :eek: Filled up before I left Houston,and then once in Kerrville. Forgot that I had idled for a couple of hours while we used the power outet, and had less than half a tank when I left the ranch. Was about 20 miles outside of Boerne when the engine sputtered and died. Luckily, i was doing about 90 MPH and that was enough to carry me over a hill and then I coasted downhill on the shoulder until I got to a rest area. I called my uncle who was about 10 miles behind me. Thankfully, he had a 5 gallon can of gas. Of course, he's never going to let me forget this. lol

2. May 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen, good driver mod.
    glad to hear to got to get out and use the truck as a TRUCK! and next time make sure and carry a spare gas can :D

That sounds like a long ass drive to get to a deer lease! the farthest onne Ive ever had was a little over 2 hours each way.

3. May 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    Curtamous

Curtamous Member

Member:
    Austin, Tejas
    Vehicle:
    06, TRD Off Road, Super White, SB..
    d'oh is right! where ya huntin'? .. Ozona area? Hey, Just got a TRD. Haven't used the outlet yet.. I take it, the engine needs to run while using the outlet? You can save me from reading the manual. :) ~Thanks

4. May 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    Squid

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged, Factory Roof Rack, Black Nerf Bars, Black MB Chaos Wheels, 265-75-16 BFG All Terrain T/A KOs, Rear Leaf TSB, Body Colored Grill with center sprayed black
    Good guess! Our lease is on Live Oak Ranch, which is about 30 miles past Ozona. We can actually see I-10 from our camp.

The truck has to be idling to use the outlet at 400W.

5. May 3, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Sounds like good times!!:D Well except for the running out of gas part.:eek:

6. May 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I took mine on it's first long trip this weekend as well. I have the Sport package on mine and I really liked the seats. I haven't used the outlet in my bed yet but I'm planning on it next weekend when I go diving with it for the first time. I can't wait to break out with the little coffee maker and brew fresh hot coffee right out of the bed of my truck. No more luke warm thermos coffee. And I can run a light for gear up for night dives.

7. May 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    Squid

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, those TRD seats were really quite comfortable on the long drive. I was so sore from working all weekend, but even on the way home, I never felt uncomfortable.

To Top