1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A Work in Progress

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Truck Girl, May 30, 2013.

1. Feb 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM
    AsphaltCowboy

AsphaltCowboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 4x4
    Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust
    My poor broncos!

2. Feb 9, 2014 at 9:02 PM
    Truck Girl

Truck Girl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamisyn
    Arlington, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    wheels, tires, retrofits/bhlm, 5100's front an rear, Billet Grille, debadged, tinted tail lights, plate bumper, fender flares, pink pink pink :).. so far
    Did they ever show up? Hahha

3. Feb 9, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    AsphaltCowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 4x4
    I think it was the redskins in disguise

4. Feb 9, 2014 at 9:58 PM
    Smar969905

Smar969905 ToyotaLover

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Deer Park, WA
    Vehicle:
    96 Dodge 12valve cummins- mine, 16 T4R - wife's, 11 Taco - totalled
    Did I jump on him? I must have missed that part.

Brady, lets throw down sometime and have more than a chick fight...might be fun to play with somebody with a military background.

I refer to anybody under 21 as a baby. Nothing specific about you otherwise. Fr many, with age comes wisdom, and that is one thing I have gotten. Sounds like you have an idea who you are already which is more than most people in high school can say. If church is your calling, then by all means go. Don't want to drink, smoke, or partake of other drugs? Oh well, it's not like you are missing much. From what you have said here already, it sounds like you have your life somewhat figured out. When I was in high school and for awhile after, I didn't know what I wanted in life or where I was going. On the point of getting extra help in school, there is no shame in it. School is designed to be standardized for the teaching curriculum in a place where students don't come standardized. Props to you for reaching out to get extra help to better yourself. Just remember that at the end of the day, other people's opinions of you are their problem, and assholes like me don't really matter. :confused:

5. Feb 9, 2014 at 10:03 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    It's not my military background that gives me the head start. They don't teach us anything in the AF. It's the other activities I've been in since I was a kid

6. Feb 9, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    Smar969905

Smar969905 ToyotaLover

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Deer Park, WA
    Vehicle:
    Sounds like Brady is the next karate kid.

7. Feb 10, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    AsphaltCowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 4x4
    Well now were on same page haha!! Were good now man

8. Feb 10, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    Truck Girl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamisyn
    Arlington, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    wheels, tires, retrofits/bhlm, 5100's front an rear, Billet Grille, debadged, tinted tail lights, plate bumper, fender flares, pink pink pink :).. so far
    So Thanks to TW and everyone's awesomeness I have gotten a great deal on quite a few items off my list. So here is the update!

Repairs for truck:
    • Frame - Took to a shop over the weekend. they refered me to a better shop and so going there tomorrow. Was told it should cost about $500 to straighten it. I hope thats the case
    • Fender - Same shop is going to quote the Fenders
    • Windshield - I am just going to go through insurance later to get a new one.

Parts needed for repair:
    • Headlights - Thanks to a link I was given on here I found some that I am hopefully going to order Thursday. Unless I can find them from someone on here
    • Grill/grill surround - ^ found at the same place, color matched and all. Unless I can find them from someone on here
    • Fender flares - Got through a TW member
    • Black pieces below headlights - Hoping to salvage mine
    • Bumper - Going to have Jake (Jeverich) Straighten it out and salvage it. :)
    • 5100's - getting through another awesome TW member
    • Sliders - Going to have Jake (Jeverich) build me some. :)

9. Feb 10, 2014 at 8:47 AM
    Bobert14

Bobert14 .

Member:
    Only $500 for frame straightening?! That's not to bad...

10. Feb 10, 2014 at 8:53 AM
    Truck Girl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamisyn
    Arlington, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    That's what I thought too. He said that It was damaged so little that he doesn't see it costing any more then that. I sure hope hes right. I guess its barely pushed back at all. Only an inch or so. So he said it wouldn't take much time at all. I like going to smaller shops. They seem to be more fair and friendlier to work with. The big shop I was going to take it to wanted a ridiculous amount. One of my body shop friends told me what shops to go to and to give them his name and Id get the best deal and the best guys. So I did and so far its working. Not sure how much the fender will cost to straighten and paint but my friend didn't think it would be more then $100.

11. Feb 10, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    Truck Girl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamisyn
    Arlington, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Should be able to get my truck fixed back to how it was for about $2000. Ill know for sure after the quote from the body shop tomorrow but I have priced all other parts out for $950. with no upgrades or new mods other then moving up to 5100's and getting rid of the pucks.

After all that is fixed then Ill start upgrading again :)

12. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM
    timmytoast

timmytoast Card-Carrying Illuminati Member

Member:
    Prison City, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    Black Plastiderp Front Emblem and Grille Surround, Relocated Horns, Bed Mat w/ bolt mod, Precision Fit seat covers, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Console and Glove Box Organizers, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, Pop N Lock Tailgate Latch, K B Voodoo Bed Brackets
    Glad to see your truck is on its way to getting back into wheeling condition and that it's not going to cost you too much either. Next time I'm up in your neck of the woods maybe we can hit some trails together.

13. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM
    Truck Girl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamisyn
    Arlington, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    thanks :) and ya that would be fun! same if I get down there ever. I really wanna make a Cali trip sometime

14. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    Smar969905

Smar969905 ToyotaLover

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Deer Park, WA
    Vehicle:
    I bounced my first car off a curb many years ago, and that bent some things pretty badly. I was without my car for almost 2 months. One of the pulleys was grinding on the wheel well because I had bent it in so badly. The shop I had the car taken to sent it to a frame place that had to pull the frame something like 4 different times. They said that after the first few times, it was straight, but as soon as any real weight was put on, the frame would roll back to being FUBAR. They ended up welding on some sort of support bracket to keep it from rolling.

Seems like that Lexus did a good job of being the airbag for your truck.

15. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    timmytoast

Member:
    Prison City, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    Black Plastiderp Front Emblem and Grille Surround, Relocated Horns, Bed Mat w/ bolt mod, Precision Fit seat covers, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Console and Glove Box Organizers, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, Pop N Lock Tailgate Latch, K B Voodoo Bed Brackets
    You should definitely make a Cali trip sometime! Drive down the coast then head inland once you get to Nor Cal. There's a lot of awesome places to go wheeling around where I live and beautiful scenery too!

16. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM
    Smar969905

Smar969905 ToyotaLover

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Deer Park, WA
    Vehicle:
    Anywhere in the redwoods? My grandmas were living in Eureka when they were alive and my uncle is in Fortuna.

17. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:43 AM
    Truck Girl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamisyn
    Arlington, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Thats what Ive heard. I have a lot of friends in southern Oregon that I want to see so was gonna make a roap trip put of it. Bring a dirtbike and everything and just have fun. I was gonna go last summer but headed towards Montana instead. I like road trips so it would be fun. just make a big loop or something.

18. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:43 AM
    timmytoast

Member:
    Prison City, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    I think there's a few places around there. I'm not too far from there. I'll look into it.

19. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:45 AM
    timmytoast

Member:
    Prison City, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    Montana is nice too. I have TONS of family there. Bring your dirt bike for sure. I ride and have a few friends that do too. There's a bunch of awesome trails in the woods.

20. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    Truck Girl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamisyn
    Arlington, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    good to know :) I'm gonna be getting a new bike this spring. So Ill finally get some real ride time in.

And yeah it was a totally random trip. Got up and just loaded up my pup and a few things and started driving lol wasn't sure if I was going to Cali or Montana until I hit the road. Was super fun

Products Discussed in

To Top