1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AAL length?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by squad314, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    squad314

squad314 [OP] Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    I stopped into my local spring shop today to discuss replacing my 1.5" Toytec blocks with an extra leaf.Installed,the price is $254(CAD) which surprised me a little considering I have seen AAL's from Toytec and DSMS for around $80.One of the things he pointed out was that the leaf they would be installing would be full length,third spring down from the top.He indicated that they prefer to do it this way because they are able to arch it to the desireable height over a longer span as opposed to a shorter spring being more dramatically bent.

Thoughts,comments,advantages,disadvantages?

2. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:32 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Sounds the same as the long aal toytec and all them sell. Longer ones give you a better ride compared to the shorter ones so he is right about that. I say buy it offline and install it yourself. Its easy.

3. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    squad314

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    Thanks jd....I've got no problem doing the install myself,as a matter of fact I'd enjoy it.Comlicating things a bit is the fact that I'm in Canada.Shipping costs are really ugly and If I have it shipped to the states it's a couple of hour drive,gas,duty etc.

4. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Is it possible to just get one from the shop then and do it yourself?

5. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    squad314

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade

I've considered that as well.....Must check and see how much for just the leaves.

6. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    which one are you talking about when you say "the long one". would that be the 2" aal they have compared to the 1.5" they have?

7. Sep 17, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    No when I say long one, that just means an aal thats about the same size as a stock one. The 1.5" and 2" you are talking about refer to the lift it gives. Ill find a pic.

8. Sep 17, 2009 at 6:32 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]
    Short ^
    compared to long...
    [​IMG]

9. Sep 17, 2009 at 6:32 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Its kind of hard to tell but the pro comp ones are short. That is why they are more arched.

Products Discussed in

To Top