1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

~ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN~

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NVR_QUIT, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:02 PM
    NVR_QUIT

NVR_QUIT [OP] My goodness, my Guinness!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd Christmas
    USA!!!!
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Sport, 11' TRD Sport
    Toytec 3" lift...
    This is my 2011 Toyota Tacoma build... And while I don't have NEARLY half the stuff most people do on here, I had to start somewhere...

It took me 18 hours to do everything myself... Before you laugh at me, this was my first time doing all of this myself. Literally following directions and slowly accomplishing everything.

Here's the list...

2011 TRD SPORT 4x4

5% Tint all throughout

Debadged entire truck (still need a grill)

Magnaflow exhaust; but I chopped it halfway, so it's faced towards the ground in the middle of the truck. I don't like exhaust sticking out the back.

OME 3" Full Suspension Lift

Front Differential Drop Kit

Extended Rear Brake Lines

Light Racing Upper-Control Arms

17" Fuel Octane Wheels

ProComp Extreme Mud Terrain Tires ( 285 / 70 /17 )

*All I have left are possible AVID side steps, and a front grill for sure... I hope you all like.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/40467-how-toytec-lift-install-smtrdsport.html

This is the link I used to do the install... The upper control arms, I had a guy at the auto hobby shop guiding me (they are pretty tough to do to be honest), and I just looked up all the torque specs online... :cool:

photo 7.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    photo 10.jpg
    photo 11.jpg
    photo 12.jpg
    photo 8.jpg
    photo 13.jpg

2. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Nice, more pics if the finished truck ...

3. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:06 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Your shizzle looks dope. Me like

4. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap

5. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    I hope that tint is 50% because it sure isn't 5% lol

6. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    NVR_QUIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd Christmas
    USA!!!!
    Vehicle:
    Toytec 3" lift...
    No, it's 5%... The way tint works is, the lower the number the darker it is... 5%, as in only 5% of light gets through...

7. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:26 PM
    TXMarine

TXMarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD Off Road Magnetic Grey
    OME 3" lift, LR UCA's, 1.25" wheel spacers, custom Homertaco grill, horn relocation, BFG KM2's 285/75-16, alarm w/ remote start
    Those wheels are sweet!

8. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

oh really

9. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:35 PM
    NVR_QUIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd Christmas
    USA!!!!
    Vehicle:
    Toytec 3" lift...
    Ok, I see where the disconnect is... Yes, my tint is rated at 5% right now, the film that was added to reduce it to 5% I'm not sure. The rear, less was added because of the factory tint. I don't remember what they put on the front though.

10. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:45 PM
    NVR_QUIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd Christmas
    USA!!!!
    Vehicle:
    Toytec 3" lift...
    Forgive me... I've had a few beers since finishing up this afternoon....

11. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    No you can tell it is 5%. I have 5% all the way around, which is limo tint the darkest you can go without applying lexan. I am at 5% on the front 2 windows and 12" on the front windshield. I am at 0% on the back since I went 5% over the factory limo tint. I like dark tint, you can't see my morning,noon or night in the truck which makes me feel safe.....

12. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Truck looks good btw....

13. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    This is a true Storm Trooper truck...........

14. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    NVR_QUIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd Christmas
    USA!!!!
    Vehicle:
    Toytec 3" lift...
    Thanks for the props, and yea, what I was missreading is when he said 50%, he was referring to what I added on to it, not what it was rated.

As in, if I just added 5%, it wouldn't be that dark. And what I was saying, was it's rated at 5% now, and so there was just a missunderstanding. Besides, I've celebrated with a case of beer tonight, so I'm not thinking as clearly... LOL

15. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I am up to quite a bit of red wine........ almost a gallon. I know my stuff when it comes to tint though... I knew what you meant.

16. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM
    Fatback17

Fatback17 Masshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    South of Boston, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro MGM
    looks good! that tint would get ya a ticket around here, wish i could

17. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    NVR_QUIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd Christmas
    USA!!!!
    Vehicle:
    Toytec 3" lift...
    Yea, it's definitely illegal here too, and especially in TX where I'm from, but to be quite honest, I've never been given a hard time about it, and police officers from TX tend to leave me alone since I have FL plates.

*FINGERS CROSSED* :mudding:

18. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ^^^Must be military!!!

19. Aug 20, 2011 at 8:47 AM
    Armsmaster

Armsmaster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4x4 longbed
    Pro Comp 3 inch Lift, Total Chaos Upper Control Arm, and more to come...
    Nice job for the first time.... Lets see more pics of the finished product...
    I'll be starting mine tomorrow... Hope all goes well with mine like yours...:D

20. Aug 20, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    AbqTRD2010

AbqTRD2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DblCab Long Bed Sport
    TRD FJ TeamTrail Blk Rims| BFG AT KO 265/75/16| TRD Cat-back Exhaust | TRD CAI | UNICHIP Installed| 5100 Billies @ 1.75 | Rear Leaft TSB & 1" Block| Grillcraft Satoshi Grill | Exclusive Element Light Bar w/ Hella 500FF | Aftermarket Black Headlights & Black LED Tail Lights| Preimium Hook Struts | SungTop LS Tonneau Cover |Black OEM Running Boards | Window Tint @ 20%| Blacked Out Emblems| Shortened Antenna | Flyzeye LED Interior Accent Lighting
    Very clean looking truck.... I like that debadged look. I really like the way those Fuel rims look on it also.

Products Discussed in

To Top