1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About Sliders...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by xaqori, Aug 6, 2012.

1. DoorDing

DoorDing Thank you, Nancy Roman

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    BudBuilt aluminum skid plates, Famous Fabrication Rock Sliders, Softopper bed cover, see Build Thread for more
    keyboard fabrication - At least I learned a new phrase out of this kerfuffle.

Time to bolt my shitty, four leggers on.

2. Molon Labe

Molon Labe Never LBS

Member:
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica DC 4x4 Auto V6
    see my build
    Shauncho, Dwreck can build just about anything you want. He just replied to this thread and you can PM him for pricing. I highly recommend FF. They went on perfectly, only Issue I ran into was getting was getting my big hands inside the frame near the front on both sides to place the nuts on the bolts. I can take some more pics of the mounting points if you want them.

3. Shauncho

Shauncho Embrace your inner Bro-ness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB TRDSport PreRunner & '99 4Runner 4x4
    Tailgate Anti-theft Anytime Foglights Removed/Relocated Badges BHLM Window tint Goodyear Duratracs Satoshi Grill from Customcargrills.com
    Sweet, man. thanks for taking the time to add your input. Pics would be awesome!

4. XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    I should of stated IMO paying more then $400 is crazy and providing how I got to that price would of helped us all so I apologize.

My price point is $400 because I shopped around, waited, and bought during a GB. I also negotiated my pricing due to volume of product bought. Whenever possible I will wait for months just to find a good price and perfect deal. Even when a great deal comes along in a GB I try to get the local guys to go in at the same so we can group together and save on shipping. I purchased a front bumper via GB from the same vendor I purchased my sliders from (also during a GB). Because of this I also received a good percentage of the total off. I should of eluded to all that in my statement.

If my memory serves me right I paid a little over $1k for a plate front bumper and sliders without shipping but that was years ago so I will check my invoices tonight for a totally accurate price.

thanks for being informative and helping out in this thread :rolleyes:

5. DoorDing

DoorDing Thank you, Nancy Roman

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    BudBuilt aluminum skid plates, Famous Fabrication Rock Sliders, Softopper bed cover, see Build Thread for more
    Talk about backpedaling. You made some strong claims about durability and got pissy when asked to back them up. There were ways to make your point without any of that; you went another way. Now you give us the above in an attempt to justify your opinion on pricing? Maybe that makes sense to someone else, but not me.
    Says the guy that called a vendor was an asshole for responding after you attacked their livelihood.

In this thread, I've respectfully asked for you to back up your claims, and I quoted the phrase, "keyboard fabrication", from one of Brian's unedited responses to you. I do apologize for being inaccurate in using your description of the design of my sliders. I should've said "piss poor, four leggers" not "shitty, four leggers".

I don't know why you have a problem with any responses you've earned here.

6. DWreck

DWreck Famous Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Debadged, k&n cai, tc uca, billy 5100, led hood lights, redline hood struts, tailgate ez-down, ddm hid heads, Piaa 510 hid fogs, procomp 7089, dunlop fierce mt, cb and ham radios, hideaway strobes, ff front bumper, ff sliders, bed rack,
    :rofl:

7. Molon Labe

Molon Labe Never LBS

Member:
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica DC 4x4 Auto V6
    see my build
    Shauncho, as promised.

As you can see they mounted directly to holes already in the frame and even have cutouts for the bolt heads that are already in the frame.

I could not ask for a better fit, thanks Dwreck :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. DWreck

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Debadged, k&n cai, tc uca, billy 5100, led hood lights, redline hood struts, tailgate ez-down, ddm hid heads, Piaa 510 hid fogs, procomp 7089, dunlop fierce mt, cb and ham radios, hideaway strobes, ff front bumper, ff sliders, bed rack,
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

9. area 52

area 52 Well-Known Member

Member:
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    2012 Mica Green DCSB 4x4
    All Pro rear bumper w/hidden hitch, All Pro sliders, Rotopax fuel, water and 1st aid storage containers, ANB Fabrication bed rack, Cobra CB, 265/70/17 KM2 tires, 17x8 ATX Mojave teflon rims, OME 886 coil overs, OME 9000 front shocks, OME N182 rear shocks, ToyTec stainless steel extended brake lines, LRUCAs, OME CS 047R Dakar rear leaf springs, 2012 ARB bumper, lights, Warn XD 9000 winch.
    I just learned that today.

The worst part was the drilling, as I broke 3 bits until I started using a small pilot, then a medium and finally a 3/8.

10. DWreck

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    I use factory holes in the frame. No drilling required.

11. Junya808

Junya808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma OR 4X4
    Suspension Fronts: Icon Coil Overs Total Chaos UCA Rear: Icon shocks with resivior Icon aal. Interior: Wet okole seat covers Led map and dome lights Lighting: Slimcubby hid 6000k Slimcubby hid fogs 3000k Led parking lights Led license plate lights Led Switchbacks Misc. Mods Rear diff. Breather Mod
  12. S1000RR

S1000RR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Supercharged Sport
    Got to agree with most the other members.

I went with All Pro bolt on sliders and they were a PITA to install.

13. Btnewman

Btnewman Benjamin Newman

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Grand Junction co
    Vehicle:
    07 sport, ARB rear locker, leveling kit
    ARB rear locker Leveling Kit Custom Rear Bumper Tires and Rims Air tank fully plumbed into truck
    I personally like mine... boatside sliders. Hopefully soon I will be able to mass market them...

14. area 52

area 52 Well-Known Member

Member:
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    2012 Mica Green DCSB 4x4
    All Pro rear bumper w/hidden hitch, All Pro sliders, Rotopax fuel, water and 1st aid storage containers, ANB Fabrication bed rack, Cobra CB, 265/70/17 KM2 tires, 17x8 ATX Mojave teflon rims, OME 886 coil overs, OME 9000 front shocks, OME N182 rear shocks, ToyTec stainless steel extended brake lines, LRUCAs, OME CS 047R Dakar rear leaf springs, 2012 ARB bumper, lights, Warn XD 9000 winch.
    That's what I have, too.

I like them.

Jim

15. Shauncho

Shauncho Embrace your inner Bro-ness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB TRDSport PreRunner & '99 4Runner 4x4
    Tailgate Anti-theft Anytime Foglights Removed/Relocated Badges BHLM Window tint Goodyear Duratracs Satoshi Grill from Customcargrills.com
    Thanks for the photos, man. I really appreciate that. Looks bitchin!

16. Carrionman

Carrionman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 v6
    I know this is a little off subject but i'll be having my Sliders welded on on Monday or Tuesday of next week and I thought I'd ask you guys what you've payed to have them welded on by a good shop? I can do some light welding but I'm not taking any chances here and getting a professional do it. Some places will just rip you off because they can. Help me out here. Thanks

17. xaqori

xaqori [OP] I need gas money

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Marietta, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 Limo
    ARB lockers and 4.88s front and rear, OME 886s, Dakars, etc., Safari Snorkel, 17"Fuel Revolvers w/ 35x12.50r17 KM2s, fenders cut 3" all around, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH w/ Backup cam, CB/PA (PA Installed), Weathertech Digis, Foglight anytime, AP: front bumper, skids, and pack rack, custom sliders, Warn 9.5XP, dual VIAIR 480Cs with a 2.5gal tank, OTRATTW switches galore, URD y-pipe, RCI skids, LF 240s, etc.
    I know a few good guys in SC that would definitely do it for you for a fair price

To Top