1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

about to order lift kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ULtRaMan, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Aug 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    ULtRaMan

ULtRaMan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO VooDoo Blue
    Hi all, im about to order this on DSM:
    http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-9449752-old-man-emu-complete-kit-for-05-12-tacoma.html

But before I do I have a few questions:

-Does this lift kit have everything I need? I dont want to go all the way to a 3" lift due to possible of changing the UCAs. I want to have at least 2" lift and level out the truck.

-Also which coils should I choose? Stock/Light load or heavy load

I have a 2012 DCLB Prerunner.
    I dont really go off-road, mainly this is my everyday pavement driven truck, but I want to lift it the right way. Im still trying to get the FJ SE Wheels and want to run 265/75/16 or maybe even 285

Ultimately, is this the best kit for my needs? I read lots of good reviews on the OME setup. If you have other recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks all!

2. Aug 29, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    TruKnight

TruKnight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tru
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Autobot Mall Crawler
    read build thread
    It has the main bits in it, but you will have to assemble your own coils and fiddle with the bushings on the dakars, both are kind of a pain I hear. Im having mine pre assembled from toytec.

I think either 885 or 886 coils for a dc, not sure there tbh. The dakars will push you up out back a good bit, and even at 2.5ish up front youll still have the factory rake.

Your prolly gonna need new uca's with that kit. The group buy forum has a great deal on light racing uca's going on right now tho, check into that.

You dont need a lift to run that tire size tho I dont think?

I suggest you call dsm or someplace directly and tell them what you want.

3. Aug 30, 2012 at 3:41 AM
    ULtRaMan

ULtRaMan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO VooDoo Blue
    thanks for the info!

4. Aug 30, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    TRDBeast

TRDBeast Boogie Man Kryptonite

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Coconut Creek, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Crew Cab TRD
    Brute Force front armor with 30" rigid and dual 4" quad rigid fogs OME suspension 3" lift with Dakar leaf pack and ToyTec body lift for total 4.25 LR UCA's 9000 sport Nitro Charger shocks 885X Coils AFE Pro Dry CAI 18" Rockstars Alpine DDIN systemw/Nav, Bluetooth and DVD 2 12's Infinity Kappa's in doors and Alpine 6.5 X 9 in front and back and 2 Alpine Zeus amps rear 2 Rockford Fosgate amps front NFab running boards Dyno tuned FXRs w/ 3" Projectors and Halos retrofit w/ Apollo shrouds and 5000k HID 55W Debadged Wet Okole skins HomerTaco Satoshi grill Elusive Elements light support with 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill Powder coated tool box TRD gear shift Andres Devil Horns TREX eyelids Body Armor rear bumper 15% Tint "ZOMBIE" light switches Custom gun concealer in dash One-piece aluminum drive shaft LED interior light swap
    I just ordered the exact same setup! Cant wait. To go along with the previous post, are uca's really needed? I've had 2 opinions and both were conflicts. What do u guys thing?

5. Aug 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    I just did 885 could in the front and just an aal in the rear. I didnt do ucas just because I dont have the cash right now. The alignment shop couldn't get the camber back right, but it drives good. No wander or anything. I got about 2.5" out of the front after settling. Im getting 265/75r16 tires tomorrow. I was going to do 886 coils, because I have a relentless bumper on order, but with only doing 265/75s I should be ok. if not ill get some 886s.

6. Aug 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    nice set-up ome makes a great suspension lift and 'm positive you will love the dakars they are light years ahead of the factory leaf pack.

7. Aug 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    JonnyBb

JonnyBb I have to return some videotapes

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro (upgrade from my 2nd gen)
    Work in progress, but mods so far; OTT 7.0 tune, 255/85/16 Falken WildPeak M/Ts
    Best you will probably get is "it depends on the truck". My personal experience, 885s without UCAs...caster was too low and it drove like crap at highway speeds. Got fed up after a month, put the UCAs on and I got 3* caster easy. Drives great now. I have never regretted spending the extra money on UCAs.

8. Aug 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    yeah i would go for uca's as well with that kit the alignment will get back into spec and it will flex better.

9. Aug 30, 2012 at 8:02 PM
    TRDBeast

TRDBeast Boogie Man Kryptonite

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Coconut Creek, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Crew Cab TRD
    Brute Force front armor with 30" rigid and dual 4" quad rigid fogs OME suspension 3" lift with Dakar leaf pack and ToyTec body lift for total 4.25 LR UCA's 9000 sport Nitro Charger shocks 885X Coils AFE Pro Dry CAI 18" Rockstars Alpine DDIN systemw/Nav, Bluetooth and DVD 2 12's Infinity Kappa's in doors and Alpine 6.5 X 9 in front and back and 2 Alpine Zeus amps rear 2 Rockford Fosgate amps front NFab running boards Dyno tuned FXRs w/ 3" Projectors and Halos retrofit w/ Apollo shrouds and 5000k HID 55W Debadged Wet Okole skins HomerTaco Satoshi grill Elusive Elements light support with 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill Powder coated tool box TRD gear shift Andres Devil Horns TREX eyelids Body Armor rear bumper 15% Tint "ZOMBIE" light switches Custom gun concealer in dash One-piece aluminum drive shaft LED interior light swap
    Thx guys! I think... Just made me spend more $$$ lol

Products Discussed in

To Top