1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About to shoot my dog!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luk8272, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Not really, I love my dog. But tonight was the 3rd time she tore up some gifts and the christmas tree. I know some will say put her in a crate, but I have had quite a few dogs that stay home when I leave and have never torn up anything. The only thing she is intrested in is the tree and gifts, never had any troubles with anything else getting chewed or harassed. She is a very good dog, most of the time. Ok I'm done ranting.

2. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    um... quit putting the gifts under the tree!

3. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:44 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Smack her when she does it. Dogs are like kids. They learn and react very well to pain.

4. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    shoot it :D
    just kidding, they do have some stuff you can spray on furniture to keep dogs from chewing, tastes bitter I think, it may work for the tree.

5. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Na, and I won't put the tree away either.

6. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:47 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    She has been damn near beaten all 3 times. I use a news paper rolled up, the noise is also supposed to help scare them. I hit her until my arm is tired. Some how she removed all the decorative balls, ice cycles, some lights and the angel. Thats why I hit her so much. The first time wasn't soo bad for her but the last 2 were. She know when she has done bad because she hides on the sofa, as opposed to greeting us at the door.

7. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:49 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    put some vinegar or hot sauce on the presents!!!

8. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Strange. What kind of mutt do you have?

Try putting something that scares them near the tree. We had a singing moose that terrified our dog. Anywhere we didn't want her, the moose would stand guard.

9. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:51 PM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    The only way I could get my dog to stop digging in my tomato garden was to put his own poop around, he hated that.

10. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:56 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    She is a 32sbs. Six month old Pit.
    DSC02157_7151c261b628065bac082a7fa3732f9a9365c149.jpg

11. Dec 12, 2008 at 9:59 PM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    Awesome! Gorgeous dog! Ive got a 7yr old rednose myself, pitbulls are great dogs!

[​IMG]

12. Dec 13, 2008 at 12:09 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Thats a pretty dog. My little girl is a Sorrell.

13. Dec 13, 2008 at 2:14 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Be careful using that icicle tinsel stuff with dogs, if they swallow it can get caught in their intestines.

Beautiful pup, I suggest reading up on some training techniques especially with an active dog like that. Beating the dog is only going to cause further behavorial issues.
    Check out some informative shows on the Animal Plant channel, Barking Mad and It's me or the Dog are good cause they show how effective the techniques are after just a day and again in a few weeks. Ya know the saying you don't believe it till ya see it. Or simply do a little reading...

http://www.perfectpaws.com/chew.html
    Dogs do not chew and destroy your house and belongings because they are angry, jealous or spiteful. They do it because they are dogs. They may be lonely, bored, frustrated or anxious, but they are not malicious, vindictive or petty. Active dogs can become restless when left alone for long periods. If you always come home at a certain time and you are late, your dog may become anxious. Your dog does not punish you for being late by destructive chewing. The dogs' chewing is a form of occupational therapy to relieve stress and release energy. If you come home and find that your dog has destroyed something, do not punish the dog.
    http://www.doglogic.com/apdtfaqs.htm
    Punishment
    Punishing a dog for inappropriate chewing is seldom successful in correcting the problem. To be effective as a training tool, punishment must be 100% consistent. If a dog is punished for chewing in the owner’s presence, he simply learns to chew when the owner is absent. Punishment more than 3 seconds after the crime is not effective; the dog has already forgotten the crime. If you come home to a scene of destruction, very calmly tell your dog to go get a chew toy and praise him for bringing one to you. If you are really angry and must let off steam, go in another room, away from the dog, and beat up a pillow. Beating a dog simply teaches him to fear the person beating him, and possibly people in general.

14. Dec 13, 2008 at 4:06 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    Couldn't you just put a rib roast in the opposite corner of the room as a decoy?

15. Dec 13, 2008 at 4:48 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Had the same issue with our Rot, got into some paint tubes (water based) and grapped rainbow for a week.
    Our Bostons are up to no good also, here is what I did when they got past 6 months. Took some Tabasco and watered it down, and covered an area I know he/they were hitting. Only took once and it was over, now don't get me wrong it was not super hot, just enough for them realize this BLOWS.
    I also have the large paper towel rolls, and shoved three in together somewhat stiff, and have smacked their butts with it, again it does not hurt, but it is more of the sound. One smack on my hand and they hit their bed.
    Another thing to try, it a special chew toy. When you think they are gonna get into something give the toy to them, the light bulb will finally go off.

16. Dec 13, 2008 at 5:24 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Our dog Molly has been up to simmilar antics. She seems to think all the gifts under the tree are hers, so she has to investigate. We tell her "NO" and she leaves them alone.

17. Dec 13, 2008 at 5:45 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    wow, and you have a pit bull? good luck with that.

18. Dec 13, 2008 at 5:47 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Maybe she is Jewish?

19. Dec 13, 2008 at 6:07 AM
    dud122

dud122 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    Hopefully this is a tad embellished. Next time throw a few j/k's or smileys in there to show you aren't as much of an asshole or neanderthal as this comment makes you out to be.

If your idea of training is to beat them with a paper till your arm is tired then you probably shouldn't have a dog. If your dog only goes after the tree and gifts then why not close her off from that room while your gone when you have a tree up in your house.

I have 2 pitts that chew on my couch when I am at work. My first impulse was to punt them across the yard like a football. J/K
    Instead I built a barrier to put up in a door way to block them off from the rest of the house so now they can run from the backyard through the doggy door and into the basement while I'm gone. And I gave them all sorts of stuff to rip up. They play all day and it helps curb their energy levels a bit. I think they are passed the phase of chewing on the couch because I have left them home alone for a couple hours with no problems but I won't test this until I have the money to buy a new couch.

You are the one that chose to have a very high energy (and very intelligent) dog in your house, she didn't choose you, so it is your responsibility to make sure she is trained and has somewhere to release her energy.

Even though it is pretty inexcusable for a 6 month old pitt puppy to not know that the new tree in her new house covered in colorful shiney toys surrounded by colorful shiney boxes is something she isn't allowed to touch when everyone is gone.

Sorry... Done ranting.

20. Dec 13, 2008 at 6:20 AM
    Hot Tamale

Hot Tamale Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Products Discussed in