1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ABS Kill Switch 98 Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by zk1629, May 3, 2012.

1. May 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    zk1629

zk1629 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Denver, CO
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum but I usually come to TacomaWorld for all my questions and now I have one of my own!

I have a 98 Tacoma V6 3.4L and I've been having some trouble with the ABS. I looked around an it seems that this system is really sensitive and I was looking for a way to disable it. I thought about pulling the fuse but then I got to thinking that I would more like a switch to be able to turn it on and off. I haven't been able to find anything though for the 1st gen, and I'm not so good with wiring diagrams to figure out which wire I would need to splice into. The only thing I found was on an 05 tacoma that says to splice into the blue wire w/ yellow line. I did find that but still don't want to splice into it and find it was the wrong one!

Also my truck is a 4x4 with rear diff lock button (elocker I believe?)

And also I'm new so if this is in the wrong place or you can point me in the right direction of where it should go or someone else who could help that would be great!

I've included some pictures, as I'm a very visual person, of the wire I think it might be (it's inside the cab under the driver side dash).

pic2.jpg
    pic1.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top