1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ABS Light Randomly On

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Drunknsloth, May 13, 2012.

1. May 13, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth [OP] Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    For the past couple days my ABS Light on the dash will randomly come on. Even when I haven't braked hard or gone over anything remotely slippery. Then when I turn off the truck and turn it back on the light will go off. Then after a few days of driving it comes back on while I'm driving around again.

Is there any way to diagnosis this and figure out what the problem is? :confused::confused::confused:

Thank you

2. May 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Any chance it has to do with that recall they sent out a while ago for the airbag light? It doesn't feel like anything changed when the light goes on. I check the lower ends of the ABS wires and they all look fine.

3. May 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Any time this has happened in my neck of the woods, its been a dirty wheel speed sensor. Disconnect it, and wipe it clean, and re instal. That should do it.

4. May 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    I haven't done the ABS Kill Switch yet...

Thanks man!

Is it this piece?
    IMAG0719_9fbd6d2437390ebc8f070858f15d7845c7ef12b7.jpg

Do I just disconnect the electrical connection, or do I have to unbolt it and clean it off?

By cleaning it off do you just mean using water and a towel? Or do you have to use a special compound?

5. May 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,

Un bolt it. Use an Electronic Contact cleaner, and a lint free cloth.

6. May 13, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    I would be cleaning the yellow edge on the left in the picture right? And would a microfiber towel work?

7. May 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Yeah, when you remove it, you will see shit built up inbetween it, and the sensor ring it sits above in its mount. I havent tried a microfiber towel.

8. May 14, 2012 at 6:35 AM
    Bama_TACO

Bama_TACO ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner Double Cab TRD SPORT
    Mine did this after I installed my front 5100s. Apparently, I stretched the ABS sensor wire enough to break a wire inside. Every once in a while it would lose its connection and the light would come on and then it would go off. I ended up having to rebuild the sensor wire by splicing in new wire. Cleaning your sensor might fix it, but it might be the wire.

9. May 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    In the front there two more connectors on little bit below The fuse block and the other below the intake and for me the one right below the fuse. Block was the culprit I take a pic right now.

10. May 14, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    first pic below intake tube a6935813-12ab-6622_8cedffa996e72ebdcf7bee4fb606093fb7dab76f.jpg
    Second pic this one you can see I had to take it off the mount it was on so I could let it stretch or you can Bend it but this one was the one I had probs witha6935813-12b7-fe8c_28988d0db20eaf385b12a163124afa6592106173.jpg

11. Aug 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Mine hasn't come back on and I havent done anything to it

12. Aug 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Exactly :D

Products Discussed in

To Top