1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ac Issues

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacosupreme17, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Sep 3, 2015 at 2:14 PM
    tacosupreme17

tacosupreme17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    ON, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD 4x4
    Oem head unit mod
    Hey TW,

so recently I have been having some issue with my AC. when I hit the AC button I hear a very loud squeal and then a clucking sound then the AC light flashes. The air is blowing warm as ever because it is about 35 here with the humidity. I did a little research and thought it might be the relay but the relay if fine. I believe it is the ac compressor.

I was wondering if anyone knows if I replace the AC compressor should I be replacing anything else at the same time to stop this from occurring again right away ? I.E, Condenser, in line filter or any other parts.

If anyone has an information it would be greatly appreciated. I have found the OEM AC compressor on Amazon for 335. I believe that a good deal for the Delphi CS20055.

Thanks,

Brad

2. Sep 3, 2015 at 4:25 PM
    Drivesector

Drivesector Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport
    Squeal would be clutch engaging and compressor seized or belt loose/ worn. If it is the compressor you should vacuum it out good with vacuum pump after reclaiming the freon. If it was a mechanical failure, which it probably was you need to replace the condenser because the drier is part of it. After replacing put a vacuum pump on the system to spec then install new freon using a scale to the correct amount of freon. Don't reuse if there was a mechanical failure because the contaminants / noncondencibles will be in the freon causing you to huff another compressor. Good luck

Products Discussed in

To Top