1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access Cab Rear facing car seats

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Taco93, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Dec 9, 2008 at 8:11 PM
    Taco93

Taco93 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Milton, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Weathertech Floor Liners
    Hi, I have the access cab model tacoma and I am going to be starting a family soon. I know there is no way to fit a rear facing car seat in the back of this truck, but can I put a rear facing in the passenger seat up front? I heard somewhere that for infants to be riding in a vehicle, they must always be riding in the back in a rear facing car seat. I'm from Canada so I think the regulations up here are different. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks...this TW is awesome.

2. Dec 9, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    praetor

praetor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner Accesscab TRD Off Road
    On the newer models ( mine is a n 08) you can turn off the airbag on the passenger side

3. Dec 9, 2008 at 8:18 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Check it out, I am in the US Military, and we get inspected all the time, for liability reasons. A rear facing car seat in the front is an absolute NO!

I am not savy to the knowledge of most state laws, but just by the standards Im held to, and the idea of what could go wrong in a collision with child in such position, I would have to vote NO!!!

4. Dec 10, 2008 at 12:16 AM
    marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '07 Access Cab SR5 - Black
    Top Dawg Folding Tonneau Cover, DIY Bed Light, Aux. Input for MP3 Player, OEM Bed Mat
    Baby seats are placed in the back of the access cab with the access cab seats in the folded down position. We use Graco Snugrides for my twin granddaughters. The seats fit fine without the base, secured by the seatbelts in the back. I have to move the driver's seat up one notch with the baby seat in the truck.

Read the info in your owner's manual about using baby seats. There is a lot of it in there. On my '07 you have to pull the seat belt all the way out and then let it back in, this causes it to lock so that it can not be pulled out again until it is retracted fully.

I will try to get some pics of the seat tomorrow.

5. Dec 10, 2008 at 1:11 AM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic Grey Access Cab - 2.7L I4 - 4x2
    I think the reason they say not to put the car seat in the front is because of the air bags. As stated above, you can shut off the air bag in the newer models. I would look into the local laws though, as they'll vary from province to province.

6. Dec 10, 2008 at 8:37 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    i fit a very large rear facing infant seat in my access cab. i just didnt use a base and had to move the passenger seat all the way up. it IS possible. i forget exactly what i did with the seat belt but its in the owners manual how to do it correctly.

7. Dec 10, 2008 at 9:01 AM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    they go in the back they have a special hook-up in the rear-passenger side i believe but mines an 08

8. Dec 10, 2008 at 9:05 AM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    mines an 06 and its got the metal loops that you can see if you flip your seat down

To Top