1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access Literider tonneau .. any good?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by OhioTaco68, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Jul 23, 2016 at 2:56 AM
    OhioTaco68

OhioTaco68 [OP] John 3:16

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    16' Tacoma SR5 4x4 access cab Silver Sky Metallic
    AVS in channel window deflectors Predator steps Tinted front windows De-badged all chrome emblems Matte black tailgate lettering Matte black door badges Silver door sill lettering Weathertech mud guards Tacoma bed mat Interior LED lighting Lamin-X yellow fogs Hyper yellow DRL LED 3rd brake light bulbs CLEARZ 3rd brake light lens LED back up lights Access LITERIDER tonneau cover Console cover w/Toyota logo Hondo radio knobs NeoSupreme seat covers TRD shift knob Toyota Dark Satin Alloy wheels Toyo Open Country AT3 tires Red glovebox lettering Red vent rings/ control knobs Husky all weather mats Toyota bed mat
    Thinking about purchasing this cover for my truck .. do you have one? and if so can you give me your thoughts on it. I read several good reviews and seems like a good cover for under $282

Screenshot_2016-07-23-05-52-33.jpg

2. Jul 23, 2016 at 3:11 PM
    DesertSand

DesertSand Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Pedro, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB Nautical Blue
    Overall it's a great cover. I've had mine for a while an it's held up well to the elements.

Still able to use the rail system as well.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  3. Aug 2, 2016 at 9:17 PM
    runner05

runner05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    Literider is an affordable cover that has a good quality and offers a nice fit. This Access tonneau might let some water in the tailgate area during heavy rains, but it can be solved easily by installing a tailgate seal to eliminate any gaps.

OhioTaco68[OP] likes this.
  4. Aug 11, 2016 at 4:02 PM
    OhioTaco68

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    AVS in channel window deflectors Predator steps Tinted front windows De-badged all chrome emblems Matte black tailgate lettering Matte black door badges Silver door sill lettering Weathertech mud guards Tacoma bed mat Interior LED lighting Lamin-X yellow fogs Hyper yellow DRL LED 3rd brake light bulbs CLEARZ 3rd brake light lens LED back up lights Access LITERIDER tonneau cover Console cover w/Toyota logo Hondo radio knobs NeoSupreme seat covers TRD shift knob Toyota Dark Satin Alloy wheels Toyo Open Country AT3 tires Red glovebox lettering Red vent rings/ control knobs Husky all weather mats Toyota bed mat
    Ordered today from Truck Alterations .. think i got a good deal for total price of $290

5. Aug 12, 2016 at 5:10 PM
    3coma

3coma my kid says my truck is "Boss"

Member:
    First Name:
    rob
    Vehicle:
    19 dcsb sport cement 4x4
    Yeah you did, paid $365 last fall. Great cover, no leaks, still tight as a drum.

6. Aug 16, 2016 at 12:24 PM
    kryten

kryten Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport DCSB 6MT 4x4
    1" lift from 3rd gen suspension, 265/75/16 ATs
    Had mine for almost 5 years, zero complaints, very happy.

Now curious how good the fit would be on a 3rd gen? (So far I can just transfer all my accessories and wheels from my 2nd gen to 3rd if I ever get to that point...:thumbsup:)

OhioTaco68[OP] likes this.
  7. Aug 16, 2016 at 1:29 PM
    OhioTaco68

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, looking forward to putting it on my truck

8. Aug 19, 2016 at 7:44 AM
    OhioTaco68

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Installed and love it !
    20160819_094241.jpg

NMTrailRider and canopycarl like this.
  9. Aug 19, 2016 at 8:49 AM
    kryten

kryten Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport DCSB 6MT 4x4
    1" lift from 3rd gen suspension, 265/75/16 ATs
    That looks great!

10. Aug 19, 2016 at 8:53 AM
    OhioTaco68

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    THANKS !

11. Oct 26, 2016 at 4:17 PM
    Kerrigan911

Kerrigan911 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OR, AC, 4x4, V6
    I have the limited on my 02 and really like it.company stands behind their products too. After 8 years the cover shrunk and wouldn't close, they sent me a new cover along with fresh velcro. Ill be buying another from that brand for my 05

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  12. Sep 1, 2017 at 9:20 PM
    NMTrailRider

NMTrailRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Any chance you could post pics of the latch mechanism? And the bed rails? Actually, I'd love to see as many detailed pics as you're willing to post. I'm debating on this one as well as the Access Original and Limited. Tough decision. If it's a PITA to post more pics, no worries.

13. Sep 1, 2017 at 9:37 PM
    OhioTaco68

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Yes give me a couple days and i will take pictures and post for you. I really like the cover and glad i bought it. I'm on night shift this weekend and its raining here in central Ohio but i'll post you some detailed pics by Monday

14. Sep 1, 2017 at 9:41 PM
    NMTrailRider

Member:
    New Mexico
    Great, very much appreciated. Thanks!

15. Sep 1, 2017 at 9:56 PM
    OhioTaco68

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    No problem, i will get pics of several different things including rails, latch, cover rolled up etc. It installed easily and everything fit perfect. Another thing i really liked was that you don't have to take off factory bed rails to install the cover. I installed myself and had zero issues .. i love the cover and it looks great

NMTrailRider[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Sep 14, 2017 at 3:36 PM
    NMTrailRider

Member:
    New Mexico
    ^^nice. I just installed my Access Original. Fit like a glove. I added one additional washer behind the spacers to level out the cover rails.

IMG_3088.jpg

CusterFan likes this.
  17. Sep 14, 2017 at 7:03 PM
    NMTrailRider

Member:
    New Mexico
    Apparently they've updated the vinyl. It's still not clear to me what models were updated (or all of them?). The floor model of the original had the old vinyl- that's what I was expecting on mine. And the floor model of the limited had a new vinyl on it. But when I opened up my "original" it had the updated vinyl. Anyway, here's a pic of the pattern. I didn't like it at first but on the truck it's just fine.

IMG_3091.jpg

18. Sep 14, 2017 at 7:03 PM
    NMTrailRider

Member:
    New Mexico
    What model did you get?

Looks like you got the updated vinyl too.

19. Oct 2, 2018 at 2:11 PM
    NMTrailRider

Member:
    New Mexico
    Any chance you could post pics of the mounting brackets and rail?

What tools are needed for 3rd gen install? On 3rd gens I know it's not required to remove the bed rails. So can it all be done with hand tools? Or is a power driver required?

20. Oct 2, 2018 at 2:14 PM
    OhioTaco68

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Yes give me a few hours and i will ....
    And, yes it can all be done with hand tools and i installed it myself with zero problems

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    NMTrailRider[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top