1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access Tonneau Cover experience?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by brow, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Apr 5, 2010 at 6:48 PM
    brow

brow [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2020 Dodge Ram 1500
    Was wondering if anyone out there has an access toneau cover? Looking for opinions or suggestions on toneaus that don't have the bows across the bed.

2. Apr 5, 2010 at 7:19 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    I absolutely love my Access L/E! It has supports between the bed rails but not the "bowed" look many other soft covers have. I did a LOT of research before buying mine and it essentially came down to the fact that Access makes covers for heavy trucks - I figure if they know how to handle that then anything I throw at them would be cake.

It's been through 108ºF heat with blistering sun in South Texas, 6" of wet snow here in NC (with 4 solid inches of sleet the day before) and I've had zero problems with it. It rolls up easily and securely, letting you use the entire bed and looks good too. I've measured my mileage very closely since I bought my truck and it gave me a moderate boost, about 1mpg more than I got without it. This may have to do with me driving a long bed (tailgate catching stronger winds since it's a foot farther away from the cab) but for whatever reason it improved mileage a bit and will ultimately pay for itself.

The install isn't difficult and you can continue to use your bed rails afterward (not all tops allow you to keep using them). Essentially all you do is take off your side bed rails, insert spacers behind them and use the stock bolts with some hardware provided in the kit to mount. It moves your bed rails about 2" closer together than they were before (spacers on each side). I have the aluminum cargo divider which mounts in the bed rails as well - to get it to fit I just trimmed 1" off each side. :D

[​IMG]

3. Apr 5, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    i also want to get one. anyone on the access literider?

4. Apr 5, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Love my Access cover...easy open and close, weather tight, looks great. Couldn't be happier.

5. Apr 5, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    LOVE my access L/E tonneau. The access rolls up out of the way in a few seconds as well as rolls out just as quick. The tonneau has support bars, but they are level, not bowed as others are and roll up with the cover. Installation took about an hour.

If you decide you want one... get with Luke from truck alterations http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/truck-alterations/37464-welcome-truck-alterations.html Tell him you are a member here and you will get the best price on your cover.

6. Apr 5, 2010 at 7:52 PM
    PreRunner

PreRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    i like

7. Apr 5, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Access literider here. Love it. I think I paid $280 shipped from truck alterations for it.

8. Apr 5, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
  9. Apr 5, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    chiefridr

chiefridr I don't want a large farva!

Member:
    Carrollton, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 DCTRDOR
    I friggin absolutely love my Access cover! Same as Slurpee Blue said, I researched all different tonneaus and this one was the best by far! You will NOT be disappointed with it! I have had a foot of snow sit on it, sub zero temps, ice, gale force winds, torrential rains, blistering heat, etc. thrown at it and the velcro's never peeled off or given up on me! Piece of cake to install, easy to peel back and get to your cargo and looks nice and clean.

Get one. You can thank me later.

10. Apr 5, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Been through 100 degree weather here in SC and the pre Christmas blizzard last December on a 600 mile trip to NJ. Never an issue.

11. May 19, 2010 at 6:11 AM
    Scorn

Scorn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    TRS Sport Dbl Cab
    I jsut ordered it and I hope it is as good an as easy install as you say. Will let you know later.:)

12. May 19, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    Bassetdad

Bassetdad What if God Smoked Cannabis

Member:
    Harrison, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2001 De-Badged SR5 Access Cab 2.7 / 5m
    Access Tononu Cover AFE Pro-Dry S Drop-in Filter American Mag Wheels Bilstein 5100's Black Billet Grill Clear Taillights Perma-Tech sprayed Kennesaw Mountain Rear Bumper Michelin Tires PIAA Driving Lights PIAA Headlights Piaa Tail Light Bulbs Tinted Windows – 50% Toytech AAL URD Short Shifter Tranny - Mobil 1 Engine - Mobil 1 Custom Three Bike In Bed Rack New Toyota Undercoated Frame Clear LED 3rd Brake Light
    This is my 2nd Access cover. I purchased my first cover back in 97, then I purchased my 2nd one in November of 01. Unlike with other tonneau covers, you are able to use the Access cover year round.
    :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top