1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access Truck Covers FTW!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TorchRedStang, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Nov 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    TorchRedStang

TorchRedStang [OP] Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma DC
    Just had to give a big thumbs up to the guys at Access truck covers! I have had my Lorado Access roll up cover for my '05 DC LB Taco for a little over 2 years... purchased from Luke at Truck Alterations for a great price. A little over a week ago I was driving down a two lane highway at about 75mph into STRONG wind... i mean the windows were howling and everything... A big semi truck was going the opposite way probably going at least 75mph... My whole truck shook when he went by and I heard a big POP in the back of my truck. Saw in my rear view mirror that my Lorado cover was flapping around so I immediately pulled off of the highway. Unfortunately, the cover had already come off at the front (near the cab) and dragged on the highway.. it was in rough shape. :(

I remembered that it had a lifetime warranty but have had other stuff with a "lifetime warranty" that wasn't that great of a warranty at all. I e-mailed Luke and couldn't find any proof of purchase or purchase date or anything. He gave me the number to Access and I called them up gave them the serial number and they got my address and shipped me everything I needed to repair my cover including the entire vinyl cover! It doesn't get any easier than that and I will ALWAYS buy whatever I can from them and every truck I own will have one of these covers on it.

BTW, I discovered that I had installed one of the brackets backwards and that was the reason for the failure in the first place... A word of advice if you purchase and install one of these covers... leave all of the bolts loose until you have installed everything and then go back and tighten everything down! :) The cover looks and fits better than ever!

2. Nov 29, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    def4pos8

def4pos8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma AC 2.7L/5spd SR5
    undercoat, running boards
    I'm happy things worked out for you. One reason I bought an Access LE was that warranty. I suspected they were serious about it when each cover had a serial number. Your post raises my comfort level!

3. Nov 29, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    I agree, they're a great investment. Love mine.

4. Nov 29, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    I concur. What made up my mind for my Access LE was AgriCover makes a lot of the industrial strength covers you see for gravel trucks and 18 wheelers. I figured if they know how to handle that then anything I could throw at them would be a cake walk.

To Top