1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Add a leaf TSB question.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JayDawg, May 27, 2012.

1. May 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    JayDawg

JayDawg [OP] Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sterling, Co. via San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab TRD Off Road Package
    4-PIAA 80 Racing Series Off Road Lights, Randy Ellis Design Light Bar, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Rear Leaf TSB, Mickey Thompson Classic Lock wheels, fog light mod, more to come...
    Not too long after I bought my truck, I had the add a leaf TSB done to my truck. However, I am starting to think they just told me they did it and never did. When I checked my rear leafs, I have four. Three going up towards the bed and the fourth that is the very bottom one. The Tacoma down the street from me has not had his done but has the same set up as mine. So am I supposed to have five leafs after the TSB was done or do they do something else with the TSB that leaves you the same amount of leafs?

2. May 27, 2012 at 3:50 PM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    4 would be with the tsb. Does you neighbor happen to have a 2012 trd sport?

3. May 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    If you have a 4 leaf pack then your fine. I have a sticker under my hood saying it was done.

4. May 27, 2012 at 3:56 PM
    JayDawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    4-PIAA 80 Racing Series Off Road Lights, Randy Ellis Design Light Bar, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Rear Leaf TSB, Mickey Thompson Classic Lock wheels, fog light mod, more to come...
    His is actually a 2006 or a 2007 like mine. He and I were talking about a week ago because he had questions about mine. In our conversation, I mentioned the TSB's and recalls done to my truck but he said he had never had any done to his and he bought it brand new but one of the recalls, he had to pay for so I was telling him to go back to the dealership and show them the recall and get his money back. Today, when I went by his truck, a standard 4x4 Access cab non TRD Sport or OR, I noticed his leaf set up was the same as mine. So maybe the dealer did it to his but he was unaware then?

5. May 27, 2012 at 3:58 PM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    Yep he definately has the tsb or an aftermarket add a leaf. Or the truck was built in Canada, where they all come with 4 leaves.

6. May 27, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    JayDawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    Oh, okay. That is a relief then because I briefly got really ticked thinking the dealership lied to me when I got mine done.

7. May 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    My truck (2012 TRD Off-Road), without the TSB, came with the three leaf pack. The TRD Sport models evidently come with the four leaf pack. I believe the three leaf pack on the Off-Road is intended to smooth the ride (reduce bounce) while off-roading. However, to increase towing capacity, I intend to have the fourth added eventually.

8. May 29, 2012 at 6:45 AM
    Moremgd32

Moremgd32 Outdoor Extremist

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma
    LED Bulbs (Front, rear, cab) Bug Shield & Window Rain Guards Avid Offroad Light Bar & Sliders Hella Black Magic 1000(x3) Blacked out headlights Blacked out Badging Blacked out wheels Toytec 3" Lift (coming soon)
    Out of curiosity, so what is a TSB? Technical service bulletin obviously, but does this mean the dealership has to offer the upgrade/fix at no additional cost if the truck is under warranty?

And are all of these service bulletins good for all models from 2005+? Even though they are indicated for specific years and models. Curious because I read the TSB thread and it seems a lot of the problems I'm having seem to only be for specific models. Ex: 2005-2006 X-runner, etc (i have a 2011)

9. May 29, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Different TSB's are issued for certain models and years so not all TSB's apply to every 2005+ Tacoma.

A TSB is a way for a dealership to diagnose and fix a problem you might be having with your Tacoma. Just because a TSB is issued for your year Tacoma, doesn't necessarily mean your truck will need the repair. If you bring your truck in and they can't verify the problem, the TSB will be denied. Also, the suspension TSB would only be covered if your truck has the symptoms and is still under warranty.

To Top