1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Add me to the wrecked 3rd Gen club

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by SearArtist, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Jan 12, 2017 at 10:38 AM
    bobrown14

bobrown14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    Gen 3
    bunch of stuff - Bro Pro style
    IF the cop heard him say it AND remembers.....

outlawtacoma and Joe23 like this.
  2. Jan 12, 2017 at 10:54 AM
    gpb

gpb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2017 White DCSB TRDOR 4x4
    It'd likely be in the notes. Should be discoverable.

Still wouldn't be a defense for the OP's ticket IMHO. Whether the guy stomps his brakes because he's an azzhat or because he saw a dog run out from the side of the road doesn't absolve the following driver to maintain a safe gap.

Joe23 likes this.
  3. Jan 12, 2017 at 11:03 AM
    tacitos

tacitos Tah-Key-Toes

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 TRDORDCLBJBL
    the Kid 'forgot' or he didn't want to admit he was on his phone.

4. Jan 12, 2017 at 11:04 AM
    bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco
    OEM: Bed Mat Roof Rack Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Door Sill Protectors KO2's Dobinson GTS Suspension TRD Beadlocks Timbren Bump Stops SPC UCA Rear SuperSpring SSO Slimline Winch Bumper SmittyBilt x20 Mobtown Sliders Mobtown Front Skid Avid Basket Bed Rack DECKED Draw Organizer Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Relentless Fab Bed Corner Tie Downs CBI Ditch Light Brackets ARB Dual Compressor Instant Air Tank Smittybilt RTT Road Shower II Indel-B Fridge/Freezer w/ Slide Ironman 4x4 Insulated Fridge Case Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Yo_Hec - Center Console Molle Little Johnny III CB Radio KB Voodoo Flashlight Kit Switch Pro 8100 BlueSea Fuse Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel Mount Gecko - LED Bed Lights Gecko - LED Hood Lights Raptor Grill Lights Cali Raised - Bed Flag Pole Holder Center Console Tray & Organizer Weather Tech Floor Mats Weather Tech Hood Deflector TRAILER BUILD HAPPENING! Plate: Negan
    How? It's 1000% OP fault for traveling to close/texting/not paying attention!

Joe23 likes this.
  5. Jan 12, 2017 at 11:42 AM
    HAVVOKK

HAVVOKK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    Haha that's pretty funny actually but yea I saw perpetual and his accident that shit sucks but I didn't realize you could get a ticket on top of your accident unless you were drunk or something

Joe23[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 12, 2017 at 11:56 AM
    BrokenArrow44

BrokenArrow44 Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma PRO Red
    Glad you are ok. It took this kind of damage for the insurance to total mine. Don't even know if the frame was bent or not and no air bag deployment either. As to the ticket? Sorry Dude...proof you were following too close is the damage on the truck. Do NOT waste your time fighting it. It will only cost you more because you will lose. Sorry....

Truck1.jpg

Hank Heel likes this.
  7. Jan 12, 2017 at 12:26 PM
    Joe23

Joe23 Canuckistikian

Member:
    The Great White North
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-road DCSB
    depending on the accident you can.
    one of my co-workers was charged with reckless driving for his accident because he made a left on a yellow light and someone went through and hit him. He went to court to fight it and ended up having it dropped, but still an at fault accident.
    He's lucky he had a dash cam actually, because in the video you can see two lanes of traffic stop for the yellow then he went but the farthest lane the driver was a dick and didn't stop and blasted through hitting my co worker. Was no where close to like the second the light went yellow he turned. He did wait and the other driver eventually got charged since he didn't stop when everyone else did, no excuse for him not to...I mean besides the fact he was driving a M5 and just a piece of shit typical BMW driver. But even with the charge going to the other driver, law states do not go turn until safe to do so. So co worker was ruled as at fault for the accident. Only thing worse than an at fault accident here is a DUI charge or reckless/careless/stunt driving charge for your insurance rates.

8. Jan 12, 2017 at 12:28 PM
    outlawtacoma

outlawtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    Yep. I bent the frame on a 6 month old loaded out F150 FX4. Insurance put a new frame on it and it was good as new. However I sold it 6 months later and came back to the Tacoma life. Lol

shakerhood[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jan 12, 2017 at 12:34 PM
    Joe23

Joe23 Canuckistikian

Member:
    The Great White North
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-road DCSB
    In this case maybe, but still worth having.
    Hey I was rear ended in November 2015 and the driver that hit me tried to say to insurance that I cut him off and slammed on the brakes.
    No police report was filed at scene since it was 5 30am and his car had no damage mine just had a dented trunk and bumper, both were drivable. Only police report filed was at the collision reporting centre that evening.
    Had I not had dash cam video to send to the insurance company that I never changed lanes and was in the right lane the whole time, it could've been at fault for me or more than likely a 50/50 claim. Which counts as an at fault claim AND still need to pay my deductible. My broker ended up telling me I was lucky that I had the video because as soon as the other driver denies fault it turns into a he said she said battle and insurance usually just go with 50/50 at that point.

Redeemed likes this.
  10. Jan 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM
    Joe23

Joe23 Canuckistikian

Member:
    The Great White North
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-road DCSB
    new vehicle you might be ok. but if its 2-4 years old its pretty much guaranteed to be a write off.

11. Jan 12, 2017 at 12:36 PM
    Hank Heel

Hank Heel Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    ^ @Joe23 theres a special place on hell for people like that

12. Jan 12, 2017 at 12:37 PM
    outlawtacoma

outlawtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    That's true.

13. Jan 12, 2017 at 1:06 PM
    CannedHam

CannedHam Active Member

Member:

Have you looked into filing a claim with the insurance company of the person that hit you to recoup diminished value? I was rear ended last month and was going to file a claim for diminished value after my truck was repaired, but the insurance company ended up totaling it in the end.

14. Jan 12, 2017 at 1:27 PM
    CannedHam

CannedHam Active Member

Member:
    OP, glad you're ok. Accidents always suck, but the important part is everyone walked away.

Had my truck 6 months before getting rear ended last month by a F-250 going about 40mph. After inspection the insurance company wanted to replace the entire frame since the repair cost was within their threshold. After a couple weeks of phone calls, they ended totaling it instead. They whole process sucked and I hope your process goes smoothly and your back on the road quickly.

[​IMG]

shakerhood and outlawtacoma like this.
  15. Jan 12, 2017 at 6:24 PM
    SearArtist

SearArtist [OP] Hybird

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 Lexus CT200h F Sport
    Battery
    As stated before, I'm not worried about the ticket. The DA will drop it after both parties are settled, but I'll still end up with the insurance points for a few years.

I went back to the tow yard tonight to collect the remaining stuff and got a closer look underneath.

The radiator and core support are smashed into the engine which would explain why it lost all the coolant, and the transmission cooler was also busted and leaked out quite a puddle. The passenger side wheel is not straight while the other is, so there is some suspension damage.

It's going to the body shop tomorrow. Luckily they are a preferred shop that my buddy manages. He's gonna make sure it goes on the frame machine first thing to see if it is within spec or not. They'll also do the assessment, rather than the insurance adjuster, and finalize the total amount of damage.

As for myself, my knees are severely bruised and beaten up from slamming into the dash. My neck and back are very sore, but ibuprofen is helping with that. Overall just a tad beat up, but I'll be fine in a few days.

bobrown14, Spare Parts and Joe23 like this.
  16. Jan 12, 2017 at 6:32 PM
    Joe23

Joe23 Canuckistikian

Member:
    The Great White North
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-road DCSB
    Might be different in US but accidents are 7-10 years depending on the company, CAA for instance (canadian AAA) is 10 years. Mine (Aviva) is 7 years.

I'd suggest getting the engine looked at as well to make sure no engine damage from the rad hitting it.

shakerhood likes this.
  17. Jan 12, 2017 at 8:07 PM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    My bags didn't deploy on my 2G when I got hit head-on / offset. I had to have been going 20-25 MPH minimum by the time I slowed down from the 30-35 I was doing.

Insurance wanted to fix it at first, body shop wrote up a new frame and that pushed it over the edge for me. They valued the truck at just over 25K prior to adding in the mods I had.

Had my bags deployed, I've had sustained more injury, I think. I just ended up being sore for a day.

shakerhood likes this.
  18. Jan 12, 2017 at 9:31 PM
    shakerhood

shakerhood Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB Off Road, 6 Speed MT, P&T
    Front%20wheel_zpsph4vnqoh_7492703b97dd33cd32d117d2f2d49113d15f697f.jpg
    This was the only picture I could find from my 2000 that I mentioned in this Thread, the drivers wheel hit a tree and bashed the frame into the floor and the floor went all the way up to the clutch pedal. The Frame was so twisted that the cab touched the bed on 1 side and I could fit my fist in the other side. It never felt right after being fixed, always pulled to the left a little but I probably drove it for 6 or 7 years afterwards.

19. Jan 12, 2017 at 10:10 PM
    RZRob

RZRob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Anaheim Hills
    That settles it, I'm getting a dash cam this weekend.

RZ Rob

20. Jan 12, 2017 at 10:39 PM
    Redeemed

Redeemed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 with a "TRD Off-Road" sticker
    Generally speaking, people in accidents get tickets for causing them.

robssol and jshsltr like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top